Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Golf: Advance Tour

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Apr 22, 2004

Four friends enroll at the Marion Club's golf academy to learn from the pros. Players can level up in the game's Story mode to build their stats, win tournaments and eventually earn the right to challenge Mario himself on the links.

How does this game use Gamecube-GBA connectivity.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

The boxart shows that there is some kind of GBA to Gamecube connectivity for this game. What was it used for?

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

The story mode focuses on raising players. If you select a male character as your in-game counterpart, you're given a female counterpart, and vice versa. You must raise your character and your partner. Characters that you've created and raised can be transferred to the Game Cube Mario Golf Toadstool Tour and be used for play in that version.

Connecting the two versions of the game together will also result in some new courses opening up in the GBA version. You'll also be able to apparently transfer spectator comments between he GBA to the GCN.

Incidentally, the included Wireless Adapter is also required for opening up new features. When using the wireless adapter, the game will give you access to 16 clubs on top of the seven that you start off with. The game will also, apparently, include a way of making clubs.

This is all I found.  Despite having all the equipment and a number of games I used to connect the systems, Mario Golf wasn't one of them.  It isn't much, but it's a start.  Me, I loved going to the island in Animal Crossing.  I miss that in the new game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

I have on copy already, I might get another now that I think about it. It would play great on two GB Micro's during a long journey.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.