Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Golf: World Tour

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 02, 2014

Mario Golf comes to 3DS and brings with it the return of the RPG-style singleplayer mode and the series debut for online multiplayer.

Questions! Feel like a confused idiot.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By splodge

Hey golfers,

I have some questions about the game. I am confused about the different modes.

When I go to the "Castle Club" to play golf, I play as the Mii, but there does not seem to be any items on any of the courses, or any of the general Mario zaniness. This seems to be the regular play mode. Is there a way to turn that stuff on in that mode?

The "Quick Round" mode has items on the courses, but it lacks all the Castle Club stuff.

I guess I am confused about which mode I should be playing to unlock everything. The game's layout is confusing to me, and the different modes are not really explained.

Also, is there a difference between entering a tournament via the Castle Club and entering one via the Quick Round option? Are they the same tournaments? The game does not even explain how the tournaments work.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

@splodge: As far as I know, the Castle Club courses are meant to be more normal, while the crazier stuff is found in the Quick Round options. There may be an exception to this, but I'm not sure. In order to unlock everything, you have to bounce between both modes. You are absolutely correct that the layout is confusing and not well-explained. My best advice is to either mess around until you figure it out or look online for some explanations of how it all works.

As for the tournaments, the ones in the Quick Round menu are different from the Castle Club tournaments. The ones in the Quick Round menu tend to be the crazier modes, while the ones in the Castle Club are just plain golf tournaments featuring your Mii.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@splodge: As far as I know, the Castle Club courses are meant to be more normal, while the crazier stuff is found in the Quick Round options. There may be an exception to this, but I'm not sure. In order to unlock everything, you have to bounce between both modes. You are absolutely correct that the layout is confusing and not well-explained. My best advice is to either mess around until you figure it out or look online for some explanations of how it all works.

As for the tournaments, the ones in the Quick Round menu are different from the Castle Club tournaments. The ones in the Quick Round menu tend to be the crazier modes, while the ones in the Castle Club are just plain golf tournaments featuring your Mii.

Thanks for the reply. I am glad it's not just me.

A little run through in the beginning of what each mode does etc. would have been good. I guess I will just fiddle around with it and have a look about.

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
    omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By omniscientcajun

My biggest issue with the game is the way it presents itself to the player. It's almost as if at some point in development, the game filtered everything through Castle Club mode. That you can purchase new gear and customize your golfer only in Castle Club mode, but you can use your Mii outside of it - rather clunky.

As far as I've been able to tell, the game treats Castle Club almost as a country club. With the exception of Costume Challenges and some tournaments, all the golf you'll play in Castle Club will be item-less and more standard golf.

The Quick Round menu houses the Star Coin Challenge mode, which unlocks new courses, characters, and star versions of the roster (star characters gain distance while sacrificing sweet spot and control).

On the subject of tournaments, the same mentality applies. Item-based tournaments, Coin mode tourneys, Fixed-item tourneys are all in the Quick Mode tournament section. The biweekly Regional and World tournaments (along with select others) are in the Castle Club's basement, further separated from one another with Regionals on the left and World on the right. Factoring in the game's need to access the internet each time you enter any tournament menu, it further clunkifies navigating the game.

Also, the Sky Island is on the far right side of the outside path in Castle Club (wow, even typing that was unstreamlined). You have to complete a challenge to unlock it for use outside of Castle Club mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.