Anyone going to start a club?

#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (729 posts) -

An official Giant Bomb community club should be made for this game. We all could exchange friend codes and stuff. Maybe a moderator could set one up?

#2 Edited by DeF (4863 posts) -

I'm in!

Got my copy yesterday and I just looked through the options.

First off, we can probably have multiple GB communities since you can specify what type of game you want to play (grand prix, coin battle, balloon battle, no items, all items, etc).

I have created a community to start off: GiantBombers (code: 18-9279-2091-9171) with 100cc grand prix all items settings.

#3 Posted by Seb (358 posts) -

I've added the community code. Can't wait to play!

#4 Posted by DazzHardy (712 posts) -

I've added it too, seems like a neat addition to the multiplayer, which is suprising considering it's a Nintendo game. Should be cool knowing when other Giant Bomb guys are about to play though.

#5 Posted by Legend (2658 posts) -

I thought this has local multiplayer only.

#6 Edited by DeF (4863 posts) -

@Legend said:

Even the original Mario Kart DS had online multiplayer.

#7 Posted by Legend (2658 posts) -
@DeF

@Legend said:

Weird, even in Ryan's review he didn't mention anything about online multiplayer. And I could've sworn Mario Kart 7's page on the eShop said it was WiFi local only.
#8 Edited by DeF (4863 posts) -

@Legend said:

@DeF

@Legend said:

Weird, even in Ryan's review he didn't mention anything about online multiplayer. And I could've sworn Mario Kart 7's page on the eShop said it was WiFi local only.

Quote from Ryan's review:

Online play seems snappy, even with a full load of eight players, though again, similar to the single-player experience, if the person you’re racing isn’t in the same room, online victories feel hollow, and there’s no one to punch when you lose at the last possible second. Well, no one that deserves it.

#9 Posted by Legend (2658 posts) -
@DeF

@Legend said:

@DeF

@Legend said:

Online play seems snappy, even with a full load of eight players, though again, similar to the single-player experience, if the person you’re racing isn’t in the same room, online victories feel hollow, and there’s no one to punch when you lose at the last possible second. Well, no one that deserves it.

OK already! :D
#10 Posted by DeF (4863 posts) -

@Legend said:

@DeF

@Legend said:

@DeF

@Legend said:

OK already! :D

Just sayin' :P

maybe you need new batteries :D

#11 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I will set up a Community thread soon where we can all add our codes.

@DeF said:

I have created a community to start off: GiantBombers (code: 18-9279-2091-9171) with 100cc grand prix all items settings.

Also yes this is great, I'll put this.

#12 Posted by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

Oh man! Can't wait!

#13 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

This game is pretty dead around here isn't it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.