how do you unlock?

#1 Posted by chu52 (247 posts) -

new characters? I've seen Princess Rosaline and Metal Mario online, but have no idea how you unlock such a thing. Does anyone know?

#2 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Alot of them you have to beat each cup on 150cc, first place

#3 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

@Sayishere: I don't think you need to be 1st. I played through the whole game on local multiplayer and I unlocked the characters even when coming in second.

I assume you just need to be in a qualifying position (1st, 2nd or 3rd).

#4 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

You don't need to get 3 stars or get first in every race but overall you have to get first place and get the gold trophy on a cup in 150cc mode. Plus there is a reward for getting all of them. And you get another character for simply seeing the credits by getting a trophy in every cup in a single league (so can be unlocked on 50cc)

The reward for seeing the credits is your own Mii, and the reward for getting gold on every 150cc cup is a new mirror 150cc cup.
#5 Posted by jbl8199 (19 posts) -

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997822-mario-kart-7/cheats

This should answer your question.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.