I had the chance to play this yesterday....

#1 Posted by RJay_64 (631 posts) -

A cute Nintendo girl walked me through the demo. It felt like the Wii version. The track designs felt like the newer courses on Mario Kart Wii. I chose Yoshi. The egg cart is back, however snaking is definitely eliminated. The handle using the egg is nowhere near as good as it is on the older DS version. Hang gliding is a part of racing now, but I can't help but feel nostalgic for the older Mario Karts. The online better be outstanding for a game like this...I don't have high hopes for that aspect though.

#2 Posted by Hailinel (23665 posts) -

Snaking is gone?!

#3 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@RJay_64 said:
A cute Nintendo girl walked me through the demo. It felt like the Wii version. The track designs felt like the newer courses on Mario Kart Wii. I chose Yoshi. The egg cart is back, however snaking is definitely eliminated. The handle using the egg is nowhere near as good as it is on the older DS version. Hang gliding is a part of racing now, but I can't help but feel nostalgic for the older Mario Karts. The online better be outstanding for a game like this...I don't have high hopes for that aspect though.
How did you get into E3?
#4 Posted by RJay_64 (631 posts) -
@Hailinel: Yes..but I liked snaking personally. When all 4 racers online knew how to snake, the older DS version was fun!
#5 Posted by RJay_64 (631 posts) -
@scarace360: I have a local radio show in my city. I mostly play video game music, but I do talk about stuff too.
#6 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@RJay_64 said:
@scarace360: I have a local radio show in my city. I mostly play video game music, but I do talk about stuff too.
Thats all shit. They are letting everyone in now.
#7 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

So how was the feeling of vehicle speed in that game? On the trailer it seemed a little slow but I'm assuming it was 50cc.

#8 Posted by SadPatrol (499 posts) -

What's Happening?

#9 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

Series peaked with 64. 

#10 Posted by RJay_64 (631 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:

So how was the feeling of vehicle speed in that game? On the trailer it seemed a little slow but I'm assuming it was 50cc.

I'll say it felt slow too. Well in the DS version, I was a snaker so I'm used to a faster feeling. And in the Wii version, I chose the Bit Bike and did wheelies on the straightaways. Choosing the egg cart and not being able to do either of those two things was different.
#11 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5133 posts) -

Was the 3DS strapped to the girl?

#12 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Any new items?

#13 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Here's an interview in English... 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.