Mario Kart 7 v1.1 patch available now on the eShop

#1 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

The Mario Kart 7 v1.1 patch is finally out on the eShop!

What does this patch do?

It fixes shortcut exploits in Wuhu Loop, Maka Wuhu, and Bowser Castle 1 in online multiplayer.

How do I get it?

Log into the eShop and it's the first tile in the bottom row (as of this posting).

Do I need this patch?

If you play the game online, yes. Starting tomorrow (5/16/12), the patch will be required to play the game online.

Really glad this patch is finally out. Finally I can play Maka Wuhu without some asshole trying to cheat. Also, I didn't even know there were exploits in Wuhu Loop and Bowser Castle 1.

Even Wario was sick of that shit.
#2 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

People play Mario Kart competitively in online multiplayer? That's kinda awesome.

#3 Posted by ManMadeGod (1575 posts) -

The exploits are all the same: drive off the map and have Lakitu drop you off ahead of where you were. I don't see how that is fun to do when playing online. Great, you win every race because of a bug. Congrats.

#4 Posted by bibamatt (1089 posts) -

I sold my copy of Mario Kart 7 ages ago BUT I think it's awesome that Nintendo are getting serious with patching.

#5 Posted by Contrarian (1143 posts) -

Excellent. I am on the case. This feels weird .......... a patch on a Nintendo game. Wow. The Zompocalypse can't be far away.

#6 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

So if I go play Mario Kart 7 online right now, I can take advantage of the glitch while playing with others who have the patch? I guess they wanted to make sure everyone could get the patch before they start locking people out.

#7 Edited by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@ManMadeGod

The exploits are all the same: drive off the map and have Lakitu drop you off ahead of where you were. I don't see how that is fun to do when playing online. Great, you win every race because of a bug. Congrats.

It's nothing new. Competitive dicks do it all the time in all sorts of online games. I'm just glad it was patched because those Maka Wuhu assholes were the only part of Mario Kart 7 that I couldn't stand.

#8 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Nintendo patching a game it really is the future

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@ManMadeGod

It's nothing new. Competitive dicks do it all the time in all sorts of online games. I'm just glad it was patched because those Maka Wuhu assholes were the only part of Mario Mart 7 that I couldn't stand.

Same. Hated people that picked Maka Wuhu over and over again.

#10 Posted by The_Nubster (2262 posts) -

So this doesn't auto-patch if you're connected to the internet? Will it auto-patch when the cut-off date approaches, or is it going to be an MK9 kind of situation?

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

@The_Nubster said:

So this doesn't auto-patch if you're connected to the internet? Will it auto-patch when the cut-off date approaches, or is it going to be an MK9 kind of situation?

I'm pretty sure you have to get the update at the eShop. Hopefully the game will tell you to get the update at the eShop if you do not have it.

#12 Posted by awadnin (275 posts) -

Great news the online will be better in this way.

#13 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Yeah I stopped playing for this reason, glad it's finally patched.

#14 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I'm surprised Nintendo don't mail you it on a floppy disk

#15 Posted by Vextroid (1418 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

I'm surprised Nintendo don't mail you it on a floppy disk

Actually you send them your SD card to Japan...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.