rockenhard's Mario Kart: Double Dash (GameCube) review

Double the fun

I only played Mario Kart Double Dash so many times, I never owned the game, but I have played at various of my friend's house. The game is fun, and well done, although at the same time just as annoying. It was a good idea to allow for 2 racers at once in each kart. The music is good plain and simple, the design are the same as they've even been. I should also point out this is the first Mario Kart game to have more than 8 characters in it (Although you have to use 2 at once, so I suppose it makes it a little different.) One of my major complaints is the unlockable characters, why the heck does Toad have to be unlocked in this game. He's been there since the first game and doesn't he deserve to be playable from the start. Come on Nintendo, anyway glad they got things right in Mario Kart Wii.