Which Mario Kart has the best tracks?

#1 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

So I've been playing a ton of Mario Kart 7 lately and I've been having a blast with it. While playing the game I'm trying to decide which Mario Kart game has the best set of tracks. My brain wants to say Mario Kart 64, but nostalgia is kicking in.

So Bombers, which Mario Kart do you think has the best tracks?

#3 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

My brain also wants to say Mario 64, so let my brain talk!

#4 Posted by Enigma777 (6070 posts) -

Moa Therma White. 

#5 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I never played much of the original and I haven't played Mario Kart 7 yet but Double Dash still has my favourite tracks in the series. DK Mountain, Peach Beach, Waluigi's Stadium, Rainbow Road, all really great tracks, I feel.

#6 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@TheFreeMan said:

Peach Beach

Tell me about "Peach's Beach"

#7 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@TheFreeMan said:

Peach Beach

Tell me about "Peach's Beach"

Well, it's a beach, and it's got those duck dudes from Super Mario Sunshine (in my head I call them Quack Quacks but that's probably not right), and if you touch them then they chuck you in the air. It's pretty cool. There's a ramp, too!

The super mario wiki has more info.

#8 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

@TheFreeMan: I don't think you got my joke...

#9 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Definitely 7, don't be blinded by Nostalgia folks.

#10 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Definitely a toss up between Super & 64. 64 gets the nod though for the awesome battle mode & a handful of tracks that are the best.

#11 Posted by VirtuaXav (450 posts) -

Double Dash for me, I played the shit out of Bowser's Castle on my Gamecube. I was all over the time trials for that shit.

#12 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (732 posts) -

Your first is your favourite, so Super Mario Kart.

#13 Posted by Jolt92 (1550 posts) -

I'm pretty sure I think it's Double Dash. BUT I can tell you that Bowser's Castle is ALWAYS the best track.

#14 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

i must admit double dash had some great tracks. Although i really enjoy the gliders in mario kart 7

#15 Posted by Hargreaves93 (234 posts) -

Not played MK on the Wii or the latest one. The one that probably sticks in my head as having the most memorable tracks would be Double Dash - DK Mountain is one of my favourite tracks of the series!

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18942 posts) -

@TheFreeMan said:

I never played much of the original and I haven't played Mario Kart 7 yet but Double Dash still has my favourite tracks in the series. DK Mountain, Peach Beach, Waluigi's Stadium, Rainbow Road, all really great tracks, I feel.

Double Dash did have some solid tracks.

#17 Posted by MrBLT (37 posts) -

I actually thought it was pretty cool that Mario Kart 7 had races that had laps that worked via leg of race as opposed to the usual lap around the track. Rainbow Road was particularly epic too.

#18 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

This is the perfect poll to determine the real average age of giantbomb users.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.