Andrew W.K. plays Mario Party 9 with Game Informer. Yep.

#1 Posted by EuanDewar (4693 posts) -

Hey so this is real weird.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/03/30/mario-party-hard-with-andrew-wk.aspx

Apparently Dan Ryckert over at Game Informer wanted to play Mario Party with his co-workers for a feature or something but they were all like "NAWWW MARIO PARTY WHAT? WHO CARES?" so Ryckert was like "I'LL SHOW YOU WHO CARES MOTHERFUCKIN' ANDREW W.K. THE KING OF PARTIES." If you don't know who Andrew W.K. is then for shame, as he is pretty much the most awesome person to ever write music. He's so enthusiastic and authentic, even after a two hour batshit crazy show of loud music and partying he will sit down for like 4 hours and just talk with his fans about anything they want to until the venue literally have to force him to stop. His music and his persona are just pure fun. And that video is fucking surreal.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

it's hard to party hard with mario party 9

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
#4 Posted by TheHT (10812 posts) -

@Animasta said:

it's hard to party hard with mario party 9

#5 Posted by RazielCuts (2911 posts) -

You said 'authentic' when relating to a musician so this had to happen -

#6 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

This is going to be the greatest thing.

#7 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

I am watching this right now. This is almost as good as when they had GWAR.

#8 Posted by Sdoots (205 posts) -

Stuff like this is why I still read Game Informer. I've had the pleasure to meet some of them and they are all pretty cool guys over there. No Bomb Squad, of course, but pretty cool.

#9 Posted by Dalai (6980 posts) -

I had the opportunity to see Andrew W.K. in Philly tonight, but adult life is not gonna let that happen, unfortunately. 

As for Mario Party, I don't think there's anything hard about Mario Party.

#10 Posted by Daspletosaurus (11 posts) -

This is easily the best thing that's happened so far.

(I do mean in terms of human civilization)

#11 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (329 posts) -

That's pretty great.

#12 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

everyone should watch them play mario party 3 its one of their best videos.

#13 Edited by beard_of_zeus (1665 posts) -

EDIT: I loved all his very practical observations on things. Obviously, Waluigi wins mini-games because of his svelte physicality, achieved only by high-stepping everywhere he goes.  

Haha, this is fantastic, watching it now. I'm going to see AWK in concert here in DC on Sunday, what a good way to get pumped up beforehand. Synergy! 

Or, one could listen to "It's Time to Party" on repeat for like, forever. That is also acceptable.

#14 Posted by EuanDewar (4693 posts) -

@Anwar said:

What are those lines on his arms? If those are tattoos that would be unfortunate, because it doesn't look good at all.

I don't know what they are actually. They seem like the kind of tattoos Andrew W.K. would have.

ALWAYS HAPPY

#15 Posted by CFB (121 posts) -

That was excellent.

#16 Posted by Milkman (16486 posts) -

I GOTTA TAKE ANTACID SO I CAN KEEP ON PARTYING

#17 Posted by andrew2696 (286 posts) -

Kudo Tsunoda reminds me of Andrew W.K. come to think of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.