Avoid the boardgame mode of Mario Party 9.

#1 Posted by Cubidog1 (232 posts) -

The boardgame is so luck based. Also you get more stars on the board than from winning minigames. I miss the creative boards where there were multiple paths and I could buy items to screw other people over. The boardgame part of this Mario Party is the most luck based of the entire series. So I just play the minigame modes, some of which are cool. Also the minigames are pretty good, though there are a few ideas used in past Mario Parties. There are very few luck based minigames, which was nice. However, if you want to unlock all the boss battle games then you will have to play the boardgames, but I don't really care that much.

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5336 posts) -

Nah I think i'll just avoid Mario Party 9 thank you.

#3 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4729 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

Fuck. I was going to make that joke.

#4 Posted by laserbolts (5336 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

@laserbolts said:

Fuck. I was going to make that joke.

Not a joke. :p

#5 Posted by Hailinel (25199 posts) -

A Mario Party game that's luck-based?

Get the fuck out of here, you're crazy!

#6 Edited by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

This doesn't deter me one bit. Actually as a huge Mario Party fan, the advent of alcohol has only made me love that game more. Playing Mario Party drunk with all your bros will never lose its chaotic charm even if the outcomes are out of the blue due to luck.

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -
@laserbolts

Fortune Street or bust, motherfucker.
#8 Posted by skadave (200 posts) -

I would suggest avoid playing Candy Land as well.

#9 Posted by RuthLoose (827 posts) -

@Clinkz said:

This doesn't deter me one bit. Actually as a huge Mario Party fan, the advent of alcohol has only made me love that game more. Playing Mario Party drunk with all your bros will never lose its chaotic charm even if the outcomes are out of the blue due to luck.

Just be careful that said bros don't show up to play "Mario Party" with Natty Ice and a GameCube.

#10 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11988 posts) -

@laserbolts said:

...Well, there goes my line. Honestly, at this point if I wanted to play Mario Party, I would play the first one. Not because it's a refined experience based on skill or anything, but because it doesn't have any of the safety nets that the later games have. Boo steals a ridiculous amount of coins, there's a stage where Toad and Bowser constantly switch places, and you can straight up take someone else's coins in certain minigames. It's pretty badass, actually.

#11 Posted by Talis12 (488 posts) -

@Cubidog1 said:

Avoid the boardgame mode of Mario Party 9

fixed

#12 Posted by DonChipotle (2802 posts) -

Mario Party 9 is not nearly as terrible as yall are saying. It is better than like four other Mario Party games

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.