So now mario tennis will be on the Wii?

#1 Posted by Player1 (3856 posts) -

Now that this game is being re released on the wii, does that mean that there won't be a wii specific mario tennis?

I would like to play a Mario tennis after the wii motion plus comes out. Would be nice.

#2 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

I'm sure there will be. One thing to remember, with the Wii being much more successful than the Gamecube was, with a larger install base, Nintendo is rereleasing these games so those who didn't experience them on Gamecube can actually try them, albeit with updated controls.

These rereleases aren't gonna prevent any actual new games from coming.

#3 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

I never got the Gamecube version of Mario Tennis, so I am defintely buying this (none of the others, I have them all).  As for the likelihood of a Wii specific, built from the ground up, version of Mario Tennis?  I would bet on it by the end of next year.  I am HOPING that this is simply a stopgap measure.  I certainly agree that Motion + will make the game nice, awesome even.  Same for Mario Golf.

#4 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

I'm not looking forward to this, I've disliked every MT game so far. I do however look forward to a new Mario Golf game, that would be sweet.

#5 Posted by Player1 (3856 posts) -

One more question, do these games feature motion controls? 

Or no? 
#6 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
Player1 said:
"One more question, do these games feature motion controls? 

Or no? 
"
It does feature motion controls.
#7 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
Player1 said:
"One more question, do these games feature motion controls? 

Or no?"
They sure do. That's the reason they were ported to the Wii in the first place. :)
#8 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Well Pikmin will also be re-released, and Nintendo's already come out and said a Pikmin 3 exists. This is just Nintendo being Nintendo, but instead of making a new game with hardly any changes (Mario Kart, Animal Crossing) They decided to stop beating around the bush, and straight up release some Gamecube titles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.