RUMOUR: Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics

#1 Posted by SuperMooseman (358 posts) -
According to this "exclusive" for Spanish Nintendo magazine Nintendo Acción hints at Mario and Sonic teaming up again for a winter games version of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. Here's a translation from game site Sega Nerds: "Who are these two and why do they come to see each other? Find out all the details on the mystery game in the next magazine. But before that, here are some clues: games, Olympics, It's cold, It's winter..."
Source: Kotaku.com

Can't say we didn't see this one coming really, if it's true. I never picked up the first game though, so I very much doubt this will be any different.

#2 Posted by Teh_Eel (296 posts) -

Why? Do people really need another subpar mini-game collection for the Wii?

#3 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

Well it'll print money anyway.

#4 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

I can't wait to see all the mediocre scores this game gets.

#5 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

If they are putting Sonic and Mario together might as well be on something other than the Olympics.

#6 Posted by Thordain (959 posts) -
Snail said:
"If they are putting Sonic and Mario together might as well be on something other than the Olympics."
Buddy cop flick is number one on my list.
#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

I did see that on Kotaku.  Wouldn't surprise me if they made it.  I know that it will sell over a million.

#8 Edited by Optiow (1745 posts) -

Oh not another bad/medicore game.
But it will sell, we know that.

#9 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

Oh, please, no.

#10 Edited by Edgar (182 posts) -

UGH, FINALLY.

WILL THERE BE ANY LESBO ALIEN SEX SCENES?

#11 Posted by Rowr (5520 posts) -

ugh the game sux even by wii standards.

I've seen it bought first hand tho via name recognition. It's so sad.

#12 Posted by reflectionshadow (7 posts) -

WHY!!!! How about you just murder sonic right now! then mario can bail and play tennis or golf or be a doctor or anything! he's better at all those then skiing or bobslead. (i think i vomited a little just thinking about that)

i don't know who i hate more sega or nintendo?
(can't you hate them equally?)
i suppose yes, yes i can.

#13 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -
#14 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Genesis does what Nintendon't!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.