Anybody as Excited as I am?

#1 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

I've always liked all the Mario Sports games except for the soccer one on the Wii (original was better, IMO). Now we get FOUR games in 1 single package. Seriously, this was the part in the Nintendo press conference that started making me really giddy. Plus, I like the 4 choices they made. Volleyball and dodgeball are great. Basketball looks like it will also be loads of fun. But it's Mario Hockey that really has me going. I always wanted a Mario Hockey, because it's my favorite sports, but I always just kinda figured that it would never happen. I think this game is going to be great. 

Just one thing: Please Nintnedo, I know you are usually in the prehistoric age when it comes to this, but this game NEEDS TO BE ONLINE.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Dodgeball sounds kind of fun, but otherwise I'm probably not picking this up

#4 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

I think this is a great idea as well. Games like this provide a break from the hardcore stuff, and my girlfriend will actually play them with me. I was interested in the basketball game in the past, and having a package with all these game variants is a no brainer for me.

#5 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

really bad title, 'sports mix' is like unimaginative shovel ware.

game could be good if each part is fleshed out though.

#6 Posted by Steve_C (1757 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:  Seperate discussion on a specific game deserves it's own thread.

As for the game, I know it'll be a lot of fun with friends, but it's not something I can see ever picking up myself.
#7 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Nope, nobody. 

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Steve_C said:
" @The_Laughing_Man:  Seperate discussion on a specific game deserves it's own thread.  As for the game, I know it'll be a lot of fun with friends, but it's not something I can see ever picking up myself. "
Another thread like this was closed.
#9 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

To tell you the truth, they all seemed pretty much the same to me. 

Like the play field is the same, you just use different balls. 

But I am interested in the hockey game.

#10 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" Thread made about  Nintendo stuff "

Stop being such a wanna be moderator.
#11 Posted by Steve_C (1757 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man:  Oh, fair enough then. Didn't see that happen.

Not sure why though. It'll be a clusterfuck if everyone is trying to have legitimate discussion about everything Nintendo showed in that one thread.
#12 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

After looking at the trailer, I do have to admit that the game could use a bit more color. =/ It looks really bland. The GameCube sports game look better.

#13 Edited by bretthancock (778 posts) -

Loved Mario Strikers Charged, this seems like more of the same style of sports games.  Probably pick this up.

#14 Posted by OldManLollipop (306 posts) -

This looks like the kind of game I'd get if it were cheaper. It looks neat but at full price I don't think there's enough there to justify it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.