Will the Mario Franchise ever end?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Mario and his games are considered one of the best games of all time, and if you look at them all togther theres a lot of them! So do you think the franchise will ever die out or do you think it will keep going forever. If you think it will die what do you think the last game will be?

#2 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -

As long as it´ll make money it won´t. That´s capitalism for you.

#3 Posted by zonerover (584 posts) -

If Sonic is still going, then obviously Mario still legs left in him.

#4 Posted by Orbi (100 posts) -

Yes. You've got to think that after the human race gets wiped out for one reason or another, or the Universe decides to not exist, the Mario franchise will end. Done. Problem solved.

#5 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -
@Orbi:
You seem to forget, those dolphins love them some Mario Kart
#6 Posted by Orbi (100 posts) -
@Hizang said:
" @Orbi: You seem to forget, those dolphins love them some Mario Kart "
Fuck dolphins. I mean that literally. Have sex with them. Do it.
#7 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -

No, because Nintendo is smart about their franchise character. They have an idea about an excellent game and then fit in Mario characters. The most notable examples are Super Mario 2, Mario Kart, and Galaxy. But there are tons of games that are fun, and less famous that fall under this umbrella of Mario games.
#8 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -

I'm gonna say that Mario will die when Apple finally releases a dominant home console.

#9 Posted by danimal_furry (1453 posts) -
@imsh_pl said:
"I'm gonna say that Mario will die when Apple finally releases a dominant home console. "

The day Apple does that, my life will no longer have meaning.
#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I don't think it will, but maybe it should. Once Miyamoto is gone, maybe it'd be best to leave the series alone so they don't screw up his masterpiece franchise. I'm not saying to bury the character completely, but perhaps end the main Super Mario games.

#11 Posted by TheHT (11524 posts) -

Really hope not. Seriously doubt it.

#12 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I'm hoping they wrap up each spin off with dignity, then make one more Mario platformer that takes him across his past, ending with him killing Bowser

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.