Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mark of the Ninja

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 07, 2012

From the creators of the Shank series comes a 2D stealth game featuring a ninja Champion bearing a magical tattoo that brings great power at a heavy price, in order to bring bloody vengeance against his clan's enemies.

Is it possible to beat this game without killing anyone?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

So I just got this on Steam, and I really want to play it.

But I was looking through the achievements and saw this:

No Caption Provided

Basically, I want to play through the entire game without getting this achievement.

Ever.

Before I embark on this amazing journey I'd really like to know if this is even possible. Reading some of the other achievements makes it seem like there are story related characters that might have to die, but I have no way of knowing if those would even count for this.

Okay thnx you.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Sambambo

From memory, no. The first level you have to due to tutorial stuff.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

It is possible. Not sure about your first time through. Once you get the suit that reduces the amount of sound you make it becomes easier.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By viking_funeral

There's one kill you have to do for the tutorial. It might not be there for NG+, but I can't confirm that.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By MikeGosot

So what you want to achieve is... Not getting that achievement? Wow. But yeah, you need to kill at least one dude in the tutorial.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By MildMolasses

It's probably like the One Free Bullet achievement, where you have to do it once, just don't do it a second time.

As has been pointed out, you probably won't be able to do it until you get some of the late game upgrades

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By DocHaus

Actually, you can do a no-kill full stealth run with the default suit. Doing it on your first run through the first level? I'm not too sure you have the equipment for that yet.

There's only three characters I can think of that absolutely have to die in the story iirc. One that can be accomplished by chandelier, one about 2/3 through the game, and one you have to choose at the very end.

Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Arebuckle

I'm pretty certain I got through the tutorial without killing anyone. So I'll say, yes you can.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jking47

I am pretty sure you can beat it without killing anyone. The chandelier thing people are thinking of I remember throwing a poison smoke bomb and not killing anyone.

edit: oo I dunno about first time through

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Ravelle

There isn't an achievement for it though so personally I think it's not really worth it.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By fox01313

No as you are a ninja & you will have to kill at one point in the game. That being said, once you get through to the last outfit to use, you can easily sneak/distract through a level without killing anyone but this is after playing through 90% of the game. If you want to play a invisible assassin game without killing anyone, then maybe you need to rethink what you want to play.

traesko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By traesko

You can't go through the game without killing, since there are three specific characters you must kill in order to progress.

But everyone else, guards and dogs, you can let live. I am certain.

Cerevisiae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Cerevisiae

@MikeGosot said:

So what you want to achieve is... Not getting that achievement? Wow. But yeah, you need to kill at least one dude in the tutorial.

Nope. In the NG+ you can just leave that guy alone. There are three (I think) mission-related kills, though. I haven't gotten to them yet in the NG+.

PS: The game is doubly fun in the NG+, with all the marks and tools. I definitely recommend at least playing the game twice if you enjoyed it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.