Liking this game a lot with one exception - No mid-level saves?

#1 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

As someone who sometimes doesn't have the time to finish an entire level in one sitting, it was really annoying to find out that the game doesn't save checkpoints and instead only lets you restart from the beginning of the level. Maybe it's a minor thing to some people but I find it kind of annoying.

#2 Posted by Kyelb22 (297 posts) -

I don't know how it happened, but i quit mid-way through a level, and when i picked it pack up, it dropped me at my last checkpoint in that level. I don't know if it always works, but i think you can quit and come back to where you were in every level.

#3 Posted by Nelsormensch (6 posts) -

@Kyelb22 said:

I don't know how it happened, but i quit mid-way through a level, and when i picked it pack up, it dropped me at my last checkpoint in that level. I don't know if it always works, but i think you can quit and come back to where you were in every level.

Hey, I'm the lead designer of the game (moi- http://www.twitter.com/nelsormensch) and yeah, any time you quit a level, it will reload at the most recent checkpoint. It's not a feature we really made much noise about (sorry you didn't think it would do that!), just couldn't find a good place to put that info, honestly. Hopefully better now that you know though.

#4 Posted by WEB_War4 (111 posts) -

How long are these levels? The Mad Moxxi arenas for Borderlands didn't have mid saves, and I spent ~8 hours on each of the large arenas. No saving during that whole time. I probably could have set it up better, but oh well.

#5 Posted by avidwriter (667 posts) -

The levels didn't seem that long. You don't have 15-20 mins to play each level?

#6 Posted by Nadafinga (958 posts) -

Guys, guys....it DOES save mid-level. There's no manual way to do it, but it autosaves at each checkpoint.

#7 Posted by klinkcow (256 posts) -

@Nadafinga said:

Guys, guys....it DOES save mid-level. There's no manual way to do it, but it autosaves at each checkpoint.

this!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.