Mark of the Ninja sale on Amazon

#1 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

For those of you who might have missed out on the end of the year Steam sales, Mark of the Ninja is currently on sale through Amazon for just $3.75 right now. I had avoided buying it up until now since it hadn't dropped in price on XBL, but I will definitely be buying it for my PC tonight with this special. I don't normally like downloading from Amazon, but I will make an exception this time. Hope this helps some of you!

#2 Edited by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

You can also get it in the five game "Microsoft Arcade/Inide Pack" for $10 - and if you bought any games from Amazon in the back end of 2012 you'll have a $5 coupon you use off, which makes it five awesome games for $5. Mark of the Ninja, Deadlight, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Iron Brigade and Toy Soldiers. It's a steal.

Moderator
#3 Posted by Wacomole (820 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

...and if you bought any games from Amazon in the back end of 2012 you'll have a $5 coupon you use off, which makes it five awesome games for $5. Total steal.

I wish Amazon UK did the whole "here's some free money because you spent money with us" thing.

I get so jealous when I hear the Bombardiers speak of all the Amazon money they have saved up.

#4 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -

Do you get a steam code with the amazon purchase?

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

@MoleyUK said:

@MattyFTM said:

...and if you bought any games from Amazon in the back end of 2012 you'll have a $5 coupon you use off, which makes it five awesome games for $5. Total steal.

I wish Amazon UK did the whole "here's some free money because you spent money with us" thing.

I get so jealous when I hear the Bombardiers speak of all the Amazon money they have saved up.

I'm in the UK. It's super easy to use Amazon.com for digital games. Just use a random US address and it'll work just fine.

Moderator
#6 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

The DRM is saved to Steam according to the description, but the game itself downloads from Amazon. It's slower, but still works just fine.

#7 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@kgb0515: What? Its on Steam or it is not. Which one is it?

#8 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

It's sold through Amazon, but once the download is complete, it prompts you to save it to your Steam library.

#9 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

@Funkydupe: The game unlocks on Steam, I just bought it.

#10 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

@aquamarin: Nice!

#11 Posted by AgnosticJesus (544 posts) -

Damn it, I just bought Mark of the Ninja two days ago. Would have loved to take advantage of that Microsoft deal even though I already own 2 of the 5 games before I purchased Mark of the Ninja.

#12 Posted by AssInAss (2654 posts) -

"Game of the Year 2012" - AssInAss

#13 Posted by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

@kgb0515 said:

The DRM is saved to Steam according to the description, but the game itself downloads from Amazon. It's slower, but still works just fine.

You can just put the key straight into Steam and bypass the weird Amazon download.

Moderator
#14 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

Hmm...I did not know that.

#15 Posted by ProfessorEss (7398 posts) -

Thanks for the scoop peeps :) 
  
I've been itchin' for this thing to go on sale and man, 3.75! That's a steal.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.