klinkcow's Mark of the Ninja (Xbox 360 Games Store) review

This Game Came Outta Nowhere!

Sorry for the title, but it’s true! I haven’t heard anything about Though I was always fond of the animation in their previous games, the actual gameplay itself wasn’t my flavor. Mark of the Ninja, on the other hand, is some of the most fun I’ve had all summer. It’s a 2D side-scrolling stealth action game with beautiful animation. It looks like your watching a Saturday morning cartoon(+blood and gore.) It has the trappings of a leveling system, which is a must for any game these days, as well as a unique way of progressing though the story in level/stage increments. Not only that but each level has unique challenges that, somehow, manage to keep you engaged.

The main hook from this game, however, is the stealth action. It hearkens back to what the recent Batman games did. They empower the player, not make you feel vulnerable. Mark of the Ninja makes you feel like your stalking your enemies. Your devising clever ways to take them down with the environment and the tools in your inventory.

For $15, the game feels well worth the price of admission! I’ve been playing it for 2 straight nights and haven’t even completed it yet, which is a tall order for most indie/PSN/Live Arcade games.

Anyway, it’s awesome, for realzies!