Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Heroes Omega

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Marvel Heroes was a free-to-play online action-RPG originally lead by one of the key people behind Diablo and Diablo 2, David Brevik. It featured many playable heroes from various Marvel properties. Both Marvel Heroes and it's developer, Gazillion Entertainment, shut down on November 24th, 2017.

Marvel Heroes 2nd Anniversary: Free Iron Man Team-Up Hero

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Doomsaw on the MH forums has given up some info about what players might possibly expect to see tomorrow during the start of the month long 2nd year anniversary of the game. So far besides the hero Dr. Doom being released tomorrow other things to expect include:

• Week One (This Week):

• Birthday Present! -- Birthday Cake Mark 2 Login Gift!
      • Dr. Doom is released
      • Thing’s Level 52 Design Review launches
      • Team-Up System 2.0 launches
      • Permanent Retcons are Permanent launches

Week Two

• Birthday Present! -- Free Hero of Your Choice (pre Doctor Doom)
      • Plus, birthday cake slices drop and players can create more Birthday Cakes!
      • Angel Team-Up Release.

Week Three

• Birthday Present! -- Free New Surprise Pet for Everyone! Dance!
      • Plus, the return of COWPOCALYPSE
      • Plus, the biggest Play with Devs event yet!

Week Four

• Birthday Present! -- Free New Surprise Team-Up to Celebrate Team-Up Mark 2!
      • Plus, the return of the revamped A.R.M.O.R. Incursion Event!

Throughout the Month

• Tuning Upgrades, More Unique Reviews, Bug Fixes, Quality of Life Stuff, Live Streams, server side exp boosts, another Team-Up from the Advance Pack, etc.

If you've been off and on with this game this month might be a good time to log-in just to grab a few of the free surprises gazillion is giving out in the coming weeks. Especially during week 2 when it sounds like you get your choice of any hero in the game, excluding Dr. Doom.

Edit: Along with the info above everything in the store is 50% off.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

Awesome. I guess I'll finally get the Hulk with that coupon.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updated with more specifics on this coming month. Holy crap the update is 6.2 gb.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is super exciting. I need to play more, but Destiny and Diablo III have been cutting into my Marvel Heroes time.

I still manage to log in almost every day, but I can't always play. I need to though, I have a She-Hulk to level to 60.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT

Sweet! I recently got back into this game and have been having a ton of fun as Psylocke, and now I can grab Gambit as well. Just need like 50 more of their cash currency for his proper costume though.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Bane122

Damn, the Gamespot offer looks to already be done.

Despite playing the game rather sporadically, I really dig it. Giving away a hero of your choice is pretty shocking to me, and presents a hard choice. I'd like Venom and Loki but have become a fan of She-Hulk and Carol Danvers in the last year and want them as well. Only thing with Danvers is I'd have to buy the Captain Marvel costume.

Are any of those characters stupidly bad or anything? On that note, how's Thor nowadays? It's been a few months since playing but man, they seemed to really be struggling with him back then.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Entreri10
    No Caption Provided

@bane122: Thors a lot better since they did his 52 review, and I don't know if they've officially announced it or not but they are gonna be adding the New Thor costume sometime in the near future.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entreri10: Awesome! I prefer Odinson (another hero I only recently became a fan of) but that's been a really good story and I dig that Thor. I'll get that if it's not very expensive.

DoomInnaBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Loki he's in a pretty bad spot, but he's on the shorter list of being looked at. The others ya've listed are at least solid if not strong

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really digging the Team Up 2.0 system. I am actually using team ups on heroes as summons, and not just as a passive stat boost.

Playing Doctor Doom with a Doctor Doom team up running around beside me is awesome. Doom only trusts Doom to watch his back.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

What does "Permanent Retcons are permanent launches" mean?

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheHT

@mb: retcons are free now. pretty stupid way to phrase it, yeah.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Has anyone tried out Winter Soldier? I want to use the free hero present on him just because David Hayter voiced him but i want to know if he is any fun to play.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathanxplosion: With this update you can try any hero (except Dr. Doom) up to level 10.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Are there any ways to get more ancient devices? I only had 41 retcons before the patch and it's kind of useless.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@alistercat: I believe you can't get them anymore. That's why people were farming bullseye in story mode just to get them over the past few days. I managed to earn up to 100 of the retcon devices and snagged the dinosaur pet for it. Those retcon devices still have a purpose though, you can talk to the cube shard vendor and exchange them for hero or protector recommendation currency.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#19  Edited By alistercat

@i_stay_puft: I went to Clea and she only offered Reliquaries and Achievement Coffers for the devices which aren't great. If I had known that I would have farmed them.

Edit: nevermind, I found them. I'm not too sure about what to do past 60. I've been getting influence for the past few days but I know those commendations will come in handy eventually. I'll just hang on to them until then.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: They're there I just logged on to double check and sure enough they are offered. They should be the last 2 offered for the retcon devices at a rate of 5 of them for either 1 or 2 devices.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: After 60 there are a few different paths to tackle, depending on what you wanna do.

1) Farm Hero/Protector marks via the GLF Daily/Weekly, Shared Quests, One Shots and the raids. If it's a Hero you plan to red raid on, or wanna be viable in Cosmic Midtown or Cosmic Industry City, then you want to get the gear upgrades asap. Focus on getting your slot 1 and slot 5 to 66 then 69 first, then fill in slots 2-4 however you want.

2) Farm any boss specific artifacts/uniques your hero may need for his best possible build. When you do get there, you'll really want to upgrade them via the above mentioned

3) If not already, get rank 3 with the GLF faction so you have access to your level 80 legendary, which cost 1000 odin marks. Those things when fully leveled up are amazing. If you plan on prestige your hero, don't throw out their level 60 legendary. The 80 legendary require hero level 60, the level 60 ones require hero level 1, so can be used on a prestige character, and it makes a big difference.

4)If you have/plan to get other heros, level them up too! Every hero you have at 60 on your account gives you a permanent bonus exp, up to 200%. The hero synergies are also very important for any hero you plan to main/take end game. So focus on synergies that compliment your main first, and level those heroes.

5) Achievement hunt! There are some silly achievements that can act as a good distraction if you need something specific to do. Also the Coffers of Achievements can drop some really good stuff. Gotten so many Cosmic Medallions from them.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding anything in the game!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Just an update, Jeff briefly mentioned about the free hero thing on this weeks Bombcast. Today should be the day that you can use the token to get your free hero.

FYI after logging it they seem to give you the usable token but it can't actually be used until the latest patch which will be updated later today.

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cosmic Chaos pls... I'm having so much fun with Doom but I need like 1000 worldstones.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Reminder if you log in sometime right now till next weeks patch you will get a baby groot pet for free.

Edit: From what is being posted on the subreddit the giveaway is only until June 21st 11:59 pm PST.

Adorable.
    Adorable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man that potted Groot pet is awesome. Love this games freebies and events so much. Off to slaughter some cows!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Marvel Heroes 2015 will be doing a big 10 event for the last week of anniversary month. Listed is a more detailed description of what will be occurring

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Detailed info from their post on the Marvel Heroes 2015 forums:

Q: What is the Big 10 Event?

A: The best event in the history of Marvel Heroes, it contains multiple events running simultaneously. In a nutshell.

Q: Where's the best place to farm during the event?

A: Wherever Odin's Bounty is currently, it rotates through the different games modes but you'll want to focus on maximizing your playtime during the Midtown Manhattan/Industry City Patrol rotation, particularly on Monday though during Midtown Madness, for maximum returns. (Bounty schedule to follow).

Big 10 Daily Gift:

Big Ten Daily Gift - The ultimate in daily gifts, you simply cannot miss this!

50 A.R.M.O.R. Drives 30 Cosmic Worldstones 30 Omega Files 10 Odin Marks 10 Eternity Splinters 10 Cube Shards 

XP during the week:

Correct me if I'm wrong but today should begin with the Cosmic Chaos starting bonus of +42% and increase every day by 22% from Operation Omega.

This means that Wednesday will sit at 174% and usually 6-9 hours worth of playtime on Thursday sitting at 196% XP, Rare Item Find (RIF) & Special Item Find (SIF).

Other important points to remember:

• Free Iron Man MK2 Team-Up - given at 12:01AM PDT Friday (6/26)

• Cowpocalypse will continue for the week

• Cosmic Prestiging is 50% faster

• Omega leveling is 24% faster

• Agent Coulson daily quest for Access Files (Operation Omega currency)

• Daily Industry City Patrol (ICP) quest for a random Fortune Card

• 50% off sale on Fortune Cards

• 2 other currently unknown store events (read: sales) coming too

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Make sure to log-in tomorrow for the free Iron Man MK2 Team-Up hero.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Free Iron Man Mark II Team Up Hero is now available till June 28th. All you have to do is log-in to your account and they'll give you the present in your inventory.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.