We've Started a New (Active) Giant Bomb Guild

• 128 results
#1 Edited by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

The last one seems to have died off a while ago so as the PC Gaming Hub has started to play this game again we went ahead and created a fresh new GB guild; Batman Batman Batman Inc

Sadly because the game is a bit odd you can only be invited while you're online. You can either:

1. Add some admins to your friends list and message one in game.
  2. Leave your name here and we'll coordinate it.

Current admins for Giant Bomb: Rolyatkcinmai, rmanthorp, Doughneck, Katharislion, ZeroTekno, GrimstarRunner, SmashedControllers, Gaftra

Let's kill the Joker! Or something.

#2 Posted by Sammo21 (3370 posts) -

I bought the game and have a few characters. I really, really, really want some of the new characters coming like Star-Lord, Doctor Strange, and Venom but I don't want to pay $20 a piece for each character nor do I want to spend over $100 on tons of characters. I want to get back in to finish the game so I will send you a message. Thanks for the heads up.

#3 Posted by MB (12739 posts) -

Great, thanks for taking the initiative! I just started playing after hearing Jeff talk about the game and I'm finding it to be tons of fun. I'll pin this thread to the MH forum.

#4 Posted by MrFlibble (74 posts) -

I've kept playing this game and I think I'm the only active member of the old guild. I've got a bunch of new heroes to level up thanks to sales and collecting splinters so if there's a guild that isn't dead I'd like to join.

DrTrackSuit in game.

#5 Edited by rmanthorp (4010 posts) -

Admin me Nick. You're making me give up a lot in my soon to be EX supergroup Pepsi Max. We've been through a lot. rmanthorp in game if dudes want to add me. It better have a cool name and not just be called Giant Bomb or I will be sad.

Can we get @jeff in on this?

M.O.D.O.K runs hourly?

#6 Posted by altairre (1215 posts) -

That's cool. I played quite a bit of that game recently so I'd totally like to join a GB supergroup. Ingame name is Sherl.

#7 Edited by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

Right now we're named Batman Batman Batman Inc, but I'm sure one of you can come up with a better name. I know nothing of comic books so leaving me to the name isn't great. You can rename a guild at any time, so throw suggestions out!

DrTrackSuit

@altairre said:

Sherl

Added you guys. Sherl, I'll invite you when I next see you online.

Admin me Nick.

Yeah I'll get you when I see you on Steam next.

#8 Posted by Veektarius (4922 posts) -

My in-game name is IglooHater, I think. I play in short bursts, but I was in the old group.

#9 Posted by rmanthorp (4010 posts) -

Should we put out the call in the old group? Try to salvage anyone still there? PM the leader etc.

BBB INC IS A GREAT NAMMMEEEEE!!

#10 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

Alright I updated the original post with some new details.

#11 Edited by Katharis (2 posts) -

Huh. I really wasn't expecting the name to catch on to a point where you made the logo.

#12 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3577 posts) -

I'm in, been actually looking for more GB people to play with.

Username: StayXPuft

#13 Posted by Grimmy616 (407 posts) -

Katharis made a post!

Yeah join in so we can all listen to AFK Squirrel Girl and AFK Deadpool say hilarious things in the Avengers Tower.

#14 Edited by AlexW00d (6309 posts) -

@katharis said:

Huh. I really wasn't expecting the name to catch on to a point where you made the logo.

Oh shit Kathy made a post.

#15 Posted by gaftra (166 posts) -

Glad to see someone picked up this torch. I was the old guild runner and would love to play some more with GB peeps.

Username Gaftra

#16 Edited by rmanthorp (4010 posts) -

@gaftra: I didn't want this to seem like we were pulling the rug from under the old group it just was long enough that a fresh start seemed smart. You should try and pull over anyone from the old group who's still going. As for the name @katharis I think it's dumb enough that it works but I'm also open to any new ideas? Got any?

#17 Posted by shiro11 (64 posts) -

Happy to hear ppl are still playing this

Username: shiroeleven

#18 Posted by Zurv (448 posts) -

i'm a crazy person like jeff and got the founders package >.<

i haven't played in a bit but i'm down for some hardcore batman batman batman

username: Zurv

#19 Posted by brontosaurus (11 posts) -

I would like a invite kinda hooked on it right now.

Username: brontosaurus

#20 Posted by SmasheControllers (2551 posts) -

Awesome, just in time for Raids! I've got a level 60 Scarlet Witch for end game and pvp and a ton others for leveling, SmashedControllers ingame.

#21 Posted by MB (12739 posts) -

@smashecontrollers: raids? I didn't know that was coming...awesome! I went into this game blind and have just been figuring it out as I go, forgoing the usual research I put into games like this.

#22 Posted by SmasheControllers (2551 posts) -

@mb: I'm super into this game, following the devs, test center and thread updates. Raids are I believe a month or so away, end of this month is Nightcrawler release, Captain America and Hawkeye reworks and Cosmic Dailies.

#23 Posted by SmasheControllers (2551 posts) -

Could I get an Admin role? I play this game everyday and know just about everything.

#24 Edited by Chaser324 (6651 posts) -

I just started playing, and it seems like a pretty decent Diablo-clone.

Username - SoPringlesRightNow

#25 Posted by Absolute_Zero (242 posts) -

'Tis the clobbering hour.

I'm ZeroTekno, FYI. Hope to see some of you in-game!

#26 Edited by gaftra (166 posts) -
@rmanthorp said:

@gaftra: I didn't want this to seem like we were pulling the rug from under the old group it just was long enough that a fresh start seemed smart. You should try and pull over anyone from the old group who's still going. As for the name @katharis I think it's dumb enough that it works but I'm also open to any new ideas? Got any?

Not at all! I only wound up running it because no one else wanted too! I'm not on all that often so someone else keeping an eye on it will be great!

Alternately, if you want I can just make you an officer of the current guild and start scooping people up to get playing.

#27 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (930 posts) -

@smashecontrollers: Wait, Nightcrawler is coming? I need to reinstall this right now! Will probably not play it much, but will try and see if I can get an invite when I do. Don't even remember my username... will edit it into this post later.

#28 Posted by Messier (210 posts) -

I played for a bit back in July. I have a Thing up to level 9. I'm good with giving it another go.

Username: MarkMessier

#29 Edited by rmanthorp (4010 posts) -

@smashecontrollers: Will hook you up if Nick hasn't already. Man. Good to see super into it. I'm getting close to proper endgame and just starting to learn all the intricacies and it's really catching me. Keep thinking about it non-stop which is a far cry from my original this looks like a not terrible F2P game in which I can play Cyclops,Gambit and soon Nightclawer (MAN I'M SO EXCITED FOR NIGHTCLAWER @jaqen_hghar YEAH MAN NIGHTCLAWER!) excited to see what they do with playable Venom as well.

Glad this has picked up more steam. I will be on in about half an hour for a few hours so msg me ingame if you want added.

#30 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

Could I get an Admin role? I play this game everyday and know just about everything.

@gaftra said:

Alternately, if you want I can just make you an officer of the current guild and start scooping people up to get playing.

You should both have officer in the guild now.

#31 Edited by wrathofconn (1463 posts) -

I'm wrathofconn in game, definitely down to group up with some folks whenever I'm online.

#32 Edited by SmasheControllers (2551 posts) -

@rmanthorp: From what Doomsaw's said about Crawler he's the best melee hero he's played, a lot of teleporting

@rolyatkcinmai: Thanks man!

#33 Posted by jakob187 (21691 posts) -

Oh, sure. NOOOOOOOOOOOW people start playing it.

#34 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Oh, sure. NOOOOOOOOOOOW people start playing it.

Marvel NOW.

#35 Posted by DaveC524 (86 posts) -

So, I was running around Avenger's Tower and just saw a level 30 Cyclops with the guild name "Batman Batman Batman Inc.", and knew somebody from GiantBomb made it. I did some google searches and lo and behold, I was right.

#36 Posted by Church069 (250 posts) -

Just started playing it again. I played it back when it came out in summer, but for some reason I'm enjoying the game a lot more now then I did then. I'm not really sure what exactly changed, but the game has it's hooks in me now. I just completed the game with Daredevil, and I'm going through again as Iron Man.

Username - VirtuaChurch

#37 Posted by Amethon (15 posts) -

I just started playing, really enjoying it a lot. Looking for others to play with or a guild to join.

Username - Akhiris

#38 Posted by TrashMustache (452 posts) -

but Batman is not a marvel character, am I missing something?

#39 Posted by MB (12739 posts) -

but Batman is not a marvel character, am I missing something?

You're missing...everything

#40 Posted by HoboZero (196 posts) -
#41 Posted by Jedted (2391 posts) -

Been looking for some GB duderz to play this with so i'll join.

Username: Jedted

Been play Loki a lot as my current main.

#42 Posted by GnomeonFire (769 posts) -

I didn't enjoy the game, but I felt the need to voice my approval of Batman Batman Batman Inc.

#43 Edited by scottiedo22 (17 posts) -

Awesome, I've put a fair bit of time into this game from beta until now. I've two lvl 60 characters and a handful of 30-45 characters.

I think my username is scottiedo

[edit] Thanks for the add!

I have an unusual amount of affection for this game, it's far from perfect but it has a scrappy, under-dog quality to it which I like. The devs seem very good at picking up on feedback and implementing changes quickly. The game has come a long way in 6 months, I hope the player base is big enough to sustain it for a good long while.

#44 Posted by Amethon (15 posts) -

@scottiedo22: I read on their forums that they currently have 500k players. I think it'll last a while.

https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/56764/q-a-with-doomsaw-in-game-information-overload/p1

#45 Posted by GaspoweR (3178 posts) -
#46 Edited by crazyleaves (648 posts) -

Add me please! crazyleaves

#47 Posted by johncallahan (582 posts) -

Wooo. This sounds rad. I was just about to jump in this game after a veeeeery long break.

#48 Posted by Barfly (1 posts) -

YES! Just started playing here.

Name: ROGSTATICO

#49 Posted by DoomInnaBox (7 posts) -

Would 'ppreciate an invite. Started playing again after hearing about all the changes with nothin' else to pick up in this dry spell.

IGN: DoomInnaBox

#50 Posted by Willza92 (266 posts) -

I just came in here to say that, when clicking on the link, that I said to myself "If they have called the guild 'Batman Batman Batman' or something, that would be amazing". Bravo people, bravo. May the Dark Knight go with you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.