Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel Heroes Omega

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 04, 2013

Marvel Heroes was a free-to-play online action-RPG originally lead by one of the key people behind Diablo and Diablo 2, David Brevik. It featured many playable heroes from various Marvel properties. Both Marvel Heroes and it's developer, Gazillion Entertainment, shut down on November 24th, 2017.

What characters are you playing as?

• 78 results
    I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

My starting character is Hawkeye who I'm really digging. I enjoyed the range attackers in Diablo and Torchlight so Hawkeye is a gimme for me. I really want to play as Colossus one of my favorite characters in the marvel universe but that 10 dollars price tag on him is pretty steep. Maybe if I get in this game more I might drop some money on him but for now I'm content with my starting character.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SuperWristBands

I went with Hawkeye as I either didn't know of or didn't care for the others (but I really wanted to play Squirrel Girl or maybe Nova but they don't appear to be in the game?). That said Hawkeye is pretty good and plays pretty much how I'd choose to play the game so that's cool.

Also, I got Scarlet Witch for completing the prologue and talking to an NPC. I'm assuming that reward is somewhat random. Anyone know who you can get from that?

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Moridin

@superwristbands: Squirrel Girl, Nova, Emma Frost, Human Torch and Luke Cage aren't in yet. Also, for completing the prologue you get one of the other starter characters. :)

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Moridin

@i_stay_puft: I bought the Colossus starter pack, and he is preeetty awesome.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwristbands: Got the same thing, I'm assuming Scarlett Witch isn't a random. Makes me wonder though if you can some of the more expensive characters and costumes without paying now.

Moridin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Moridin

I got Storm for completing the prologue, it is indeed random. There's just a small pool, so you'll see a lot of people getting the same thing. Haha.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am currently leveling Ms Marvel but I'm more interested in getting back to Scarlet Witch. I also have Jean Grey and Black Widow waiting for me but I've already played through as those two. I received Hawkeye from the tutorial drop. Hopefully Squirrel Girl and Emma Frost get implemented soon.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I booted up the game, picked Scarlet Witch, then exited the game.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

I know hardly anything about the game, but how easy is it to unlock new heroes without dropping some cash? Is that even possible?

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moridin: Listening to the podcast and you convinced me to spend 10 bucks on Colossus. Having a really good time with him in this game, would expect him to be just another brawler but he has some pretty decent defense and support abilities.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started as Storm and got Hawkeye for completing the Prologue. I wasn't super digging either of them so I bought Colossus. I'm enjoying him much more. If they release a 70's Nova or Annihilation Nova I'll be all over that.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

kinda digging Hawkeye (also got Storm but meh) but damnit, where's my Squirrel Girl?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Deadpool, sticking with his ranged attacks makes the game fun.. from a distance.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrMuscle

Playing Thor and he is an AOE monster!

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Deadpool, I got the $60 starter pack as a gift from a friend. When im not playing co-op im playing Cyclops (free from Valentines day event) and Daredevil (to fill in more time).

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

playing as cyclops because eye lasers are hecka sick

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jadegl

Jean Grey rocking the 90s costume

My husband is playing as Cyclops in 90s costume as well. We teamed last night and it was pretty awesome.

universalize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 42

started with thing, thinking about getting thor, hulk, ms marvel and/or colossus

Avatar image for darknessmyoldfriend
    DarknessMyOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have any impressions of Rocket Racoon?

Because... it would be pretty easy to drop $12 for that guy.

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been enjoying Scarlet Witch but won't pay for any other hero unless it's Dr. Strange

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been playing as hawkeye, but I dont know if I'll be palying it for much longer. What a dull game, both in graphics and gameplay.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JohnDudebro

I started playing Captain Marvel, who I did enjoy, but then I picked up Rocket Raccoon and I've been sticking with him ever since.

I played some Hawkeye in the beta, but I really prefer Rocket Raccoon as a ranged character. He's got the right mobility options and his turret is great for drawing aggro. Plus, I cannot wait to hit level 30 and get his Groot summon power.

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, and Black Widow.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started as Storm, just finished the prologue and got Thing. At least Thing has some more flavorful animations that make him more fun to use, but as a character Thing is the most uninteresting comic book character I can think of. I went to start the second mission and the game crashed for the third time for me, so it's going to be awhile before I feel like trying again.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DystopiaX

Anyone get a character as a drop? How frequent is it?

boboblaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: yeah this is what I want to know. Also judging by the fact Jeff had every character in the quick look means he paid for them right? If so how much is that meant to cost?

Playing as Hawkeye, seems aight but kinda dull so far.

CapnThrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CapnThrash

started as Storm, got Thing from the prologue. Thinking of sticking with Storm. Possibly paying for Cable.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@dystopiax said:

Anyone get a character as a drop? How frequent is it?

Only for the prologue. Read on one of the twitter pages of one of gazillion employees that you could get mostly everything that requires paying from loot drops but its so random and requires a lot of luck. Haven't seen it myself so please let me know.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By joshwent

@jadegl said:

My husband is playing as Cyclops in 90s costume as well. We teamed last night and it was pretty awesome.

Want to take this out of context SO BADLY.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

My casual interest in the game only allows for free heroes, so I'll be playing Storm.

If that changes I would be interested in Human Torch, Iron Man, Emma Frost. But not really anyone else outside that. We'll see.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Thing. I unlocked Scarlet Witch, but don't really know anything about her.

I'm probably stuck with them too, since the prices of the characters are so ridiculous I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to pay for them. I'd consider buying Black Cat, if they add her for around the 600-900 point range, but anything that costs more than that is just insane.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@mrmuscle said:

Yes! Thor is the raddest, but I haven't seen anyone else playing him at all.

It's just a see of Hawkeye's, man.

I'm glad I threw down the $20 to get a different character. This game is pretty fun.

JamesAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JamesAwesome

Playing as Hawkeye right now, but probably going to throw down the 6$ to buy Black Widow. Played about 5 hours with her during the Beta and had a blast.

Anyone tried out Jean Grey yet? She seems kinda cool but I don't know if she's worth it.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Funkydupe

I don't know the Marvel Universe well besides Superman and Batman, hehe. I chose Scarlet Witch, I had never even heard of her.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By super2j

I went with dare devil but I really wanted Cyclops and did not want to spend the 10$.

got scarlet witch in the prologue

also, no one cares about cyclops so why didnt they make him free!!! I mean thats why some of the starters are free. Man, there has to be another way to get him.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Hawkeye, i wanted a ranged dps and he was the best bet for free, im not 100% on him though since his special attacks and control abilities have no effect or added damage on bosses which makes me pretty much useless in the boss fights, roll and click is all i end up doing. I got thing when i beat the first area, gonna give him a try.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jadegl

@joshwent said:

@jadegl said:

Want to take this out of context SO BADLY.

I wouldn't blame you. I did kind of set myself up on that one. Not intentionally, but there you go. :D

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmuscle said:

Yes! Thor is the raddest, but I haven't seen anyone else playing him at all.

It's just a see of Hawkeye's, man.

I'm glad I threw down the $20 to get a different character. This game is pretty fun.

Definately! I played a little Captain America in the beta but in the end i wanted to be a norse god! Now i just need to get a respec drop so that i can optimize my build.

I don't know the Marvel Universe well besides Superman and Batman, hehe. I chose Scarlet Witch, I had never even heard of her.

Im not sure if you are pulling our leg but i have to comment. Superman and Batman are DC, NOT Marvel :D

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Makes me wonder if somewhere out there characters have some sort of ranking in terms of their move sets. I know with my time with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 there were books out there which graded the characters based on abilities and moves.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jackel2072

im debating which hero i really want to buy. i know i will end up buying one of them

SoulTaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SoulTaker

I'm using DareDevil right now. I'm not having much fun play him right now. I'll wait till endgame to buy a new character.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

I picked Scarlet Witch, since she was the one I knew nothing about beforehand (not the smartest move, in hindsight...). I am liking her quite a bit now that I have AoE and can lay waste to groups. Got Daredevil as my free prologue completion hero--not very interested in even trying him out, though. Maybe I'll luck out and get someone I'm more intrigued by when I finish the game (I think you get another free hero at the end?). Otherwise, I'll probably stop there.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil. I like him, but he seems kinda useless in multiplayer areas. The other players are doing massive damage from afar, whereas I have to get all up ins and take potshots while getting huge chunks o' health taken off. This game feels like it rewards ranged characters.

Thinking about changing to Storm (my prologue drop) before I get too deep in with DD. Don't know how much range she has, but it's gotta be more than what I have now.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Playing storm but if i were to buy one, probably Wolverime is my fav marvel dude. I used to like that old spiderman cartoon but all the spiderman movies have led me to really dislike the modern spiderman.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Started as Scarlet Witch and wasn't enjoying the game very much. Ended up with Daredevil as my bonus starter and had absolutely no interest as playing as him either. Ended up selling a couple of TF2 items and throwing down $10 for Ms. Marvel, solely because her and Black Widow seemed like characters I would actually want to play. While I don't have any attachment to any Marvel characters, I never would've guessed Ms. Marvel and Black Widow would be the two characters I'd be interested in, but alas, here I am. So far it seems like a good purchase, as I'm enjoying the game a lot more now than I was before. It also helps that I like Ms. Marvel's default costume, so I'm not tempted to buy a different one.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started with the Thing and I was not enjoying myself but I switched to Deadpool and I like it way better. I'd be curious to try out The Punisher, Cyclopse, Cable and Colossus but I don't feel like putting more money into the game just yet.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By kishinfoulux

So there is absolutely no way to preview a character you want to buy right? You basically have to make a purchase on blind faith?

Can anyone tell me about Cable or Nova (assuming he's available)? How do they play? Read somewhere that Cable is glitched or something. :-/

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: There isn't a way to test the heroes; so for the more expensive ones you have to pay 20 bucks up front.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

The Thing... like almost everyone else it seems.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.