Come Play Marvel vs. Capcom 2 With Us This Friday

Posted by Jeff (3425 posts) -

Come out and meet Zangief! Or, at least, play as or against him in a fighting game! 
[UPDATE] Hey, since the Evo fighting game tournament is this weekend, the Bay Area's supply of available fight sticks has dropped to somewhere near zero. If you're particular about how you play, you may want to bring your own Xbox 360-compatible joystick. Additionally, we'll have a Street Fighter IV set up, as well as Spyborgs! That's two unreleased games for the price of none! See you tonight! 

It is officially party time. Or, well, it will be tomorrow (edit: tonight!). Call it a little something we're doing to commemorate the upcoming one-year anniversary of Giant Bomb's launch. Or call it a slightly late celebration in honor of the ten-month anniversary of the time we got together with some dudes at Capcom and drank a lot while playing Age of Booty. But either way, we've got an unreleased game, we're bringing our cameras, and this time? You're invited.

We'll be playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which in case you don't remember, is coming to Xbox Live Arcade at the end of this month. Here are the details on where we'll be playing:

Mandala Lounge
38 E. 25th Ave
San Mateo, CA  94403
(here's a Google Maps link)

Date: Friday, July 17
Time: 5:30PM - ?????

We'll be bringing a few of our Giant Bomb T-shirts to serve as prizes in our not-quite-a-tournament. Oh, and there will be a couple of drink specials, too. Draft beers will be $3/$4, and if you order a "Giant Jager Bomb," you'll get it for $5. This is the part where I should tell you to drink responsibly, but as there's really nothing even remotely close to responsible about Jagermeister in any form, I feel a little silly doing so. So instead just remember that, as Mandala is a bar, you'll need to be at least 21 to get in.

So come out and join us! Be a part of the magic! Make your way into a video that will live on Giant Bomb for all of eternity! Meet Vinny Caravella! Have a drink (or possibly two drinks)! Partake in a drunk dial to Chicago's favorite son, John Vignocchi! Watch this video for more details!

Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3425 posts) -

Come out and meet Zangief! Or, at least, play as or against him in a fighting game! 
[UPDATE] Hey, since the Evo fighting game tournament is this weekend, the Bay Area's supply of available fight sticks has dropped to somewhere near zero. If you're particular about how you play, you may want to bring your own Xbox 360-compatible joystick. Additionally, we'll have a Street Fighter IV set up, as well as Spyborgs! That's two unreleased games for the price of none! See you tonight! 

It is officially party time. Or, well, it will be tomorrow (edit: tonight!). Call it a little something we're doing to commemorate the upcoming one-year anniversary of Giant Bomb's launch. Or call it a slightly late celebration in honor of the ten-month anniversary of the time we got together with some dudes at Capcom and drank a lot while playing Age of Booty. But either way, we've got an unreleased game, we're bringing our cameras, and this time? You're invited.

We'll be playing Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which in case you don't remember, is coming to Xbox Live Arcade at the end of this month. Here are the details on where we'll be playing:

Mandala Lounge
38 E. 25th Ave
San Mateo, CA  94403
(here's a Google Maps link)

Date: Friday, July 17
Time: 5:30PM - ?????

We'll be bringing a few of our Giant Bomb T-shirts to serve as prizes in our not-quite-a-tournament. Oh, and there will be a couple of drink specials, too. Draft beers will be $3/$4, and if you order a "Giant Jager Bomb," you'll get it for $5. This is the part where I should tell you to drink responsibly, but as there's really nothing even remotely close to responsible about Jagermeister in any form, I feel a little silly doing so. So instead just remember that, as Mandala is a bar, you'll need to be at least 21 to get in.

So come out and join us! Be a part of the magic! Make your way into a video that will live on Giant Bomb for all of eternity! Meet Vinny Caravella! Have a drink (or possibly two drinks)! Partake in a drunk dial to Chicago's favorite son, John Vignocchi! Watch this video for more details!

Staff
#2 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

See you there!

Not. I will be at work in rainy Ireland.

#3 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

If i was not in england i would totally come and show you how to play

as it is - footage will have to suffice - Have fun tho duders!!!
#4 Posted by KingOfIceland (654 posts) -

I soooooo want to go. But there's a bit of a distance between Iceland and San Mateo so I won't probably make it.

#5 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

Ohio is the last place I want to be right now...

#6 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

I wish I could be there, even though I don't play fighting games and would probably suck at this "tournament".

#7 Posted by BreakThings (20 posts) -

I loathe the people who live in Cali right now.
East coast party anyone? :3

#8 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

Damn I wish I could go, but I`m in Labrador Canada, hope you guys have an awesome time!

#9 Posted by PhilESkyline (774 posts) -

Dave Witcher looks like he and Jeff could be brothers.

#10 Posted by makari (595 posts) -

So when's the Australian leg of the tour, guys?

#11 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

Man! Living in Michigan just sucked even more!

#12 Posted by DJedi1980 (5 posts) -

Dammit! - Ill be... home...down here in Mexico City... but... if you ever come down here, we can get some crazy-tequila-capcom-party -something! ... oh and some REAL tacos to make things even more interesting!

#13 Posted by scottp (231 posts) -

i forgot how great the video was

#14 Posted by TheClap (538 posts) -
@Dr_Feelgood38 said:
" Ohio is the last place I want to be right now... "
Same. Road trip
#15 Posted by ElCapitan (401 posts) -

Come to the east coast and we'll party like it's three hours in the future.

#16 Edited by Death_Burnout (3793 posts) -

I envy you bloody West Coast Americans.

John Vignocchi is awesome.

#17 Edited by PartTimeNinja (344 posts) -
@damnboyadvance: I feel your pain man. Michigan is the last place I want to be right now.

Also, not being 21 is kind of a problem for me...
#18 Posted by JJOR64 (18914 posts) -

I wanna go.....  I hope you guys put up a video of this.  I want to see all the hot action.

#19 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

If I had the means of getting to the US in a day, I totally would.

Also, it's fucking awesome you guys are doing this. Well done!
#20 Posted by Reverseface (1221 posts) -

Damn i wish i lived in Cali, GB team needs to do a tour of europe.

#21 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

Man I wanna go bad.

#22 Posted by Drebin_893 (2903 posts) -

I'm British and 15! I'm double-fucked!

Best wishes to all though, hopefully you'll all have a good time, though :)
#23 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

Damn! It's time like this that I hate being broke and in New York... Anyway, have fun guys :)

#24 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

If that CA was an NY, i'd be there.

#25 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

How I wish I didn't live in Sweden but in the US at times like these.

#26 Posted by elrond1999 (17 posts) -

Sure it will cost me just $3129 and i need to sleep for 6 hours then fly for 15 but I could make in in sf by 1350... hmm..

#27 Posted by ascholzk (261 posts) -

well first of all, im only 16, secondly i live in New Hampshire.

ooo if only i was 21 and lived on the west coast...
#28 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

If you ever have a "Giant Bomb East," then I'll be there.

#29 Posted by MattBodega (1903 posts) -

Maybe, I can attach balloons to Maryland, and float the STATE over to California! That would totally work!

#30 Posted by TheWorstPlayerEver (390 posts) -

You guys could always make a trip out to Colorado and do a "not-quite-a-tournament." Then I will be there

#31 Edited by Osphere (207 posts) -

Brad looked like he was having fun :3

#32 Posted by Southgrove (322 posts) -

*wants to move Sweden closer to Sausalito*

#33 Posted by Zabant (1236 posts) -

> you'll need to be at least 21 to get in.

god damn, now i remember why America is fucked up.

i just turned 20 and over here if you are 20 you are already well versed in the language of the gain and hops.

#34 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

I have a friend who lives in San Mateo...she's the busiest person I know, but maybe...just maybe...

Probably not, though.

#35 Posted by stokerd (48 posts) -

Sigh, live on the east coast. I wish I could go. Hoist one for me boys!

#36 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

If only I had the time....

#37 Posted by DavidSnakes (675 posts) -

Goddamnit, I'm pretty much in the exact middle of the Mid West

#38 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

OoAr, a bottla Captain Morgan Rum I seas.

#39 Posted by CrescendOtaku (53 posts) -

Reason #74 I wish I could afford to move to the West Coast

#40 Posted by Metal_Mills (2980 posts) -

I wish I could go, damn Australian. :(

#41 Posted by Kratch (367 posts) -

Anyone want to give me a ride from Nebraska?  Anyone?  There's a Giant Jager Bomb in it for ya, maybe some corn whiskey.

Oh well, maybe I'll have my own little Giant Bomb party (tear in my beer).

#42 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Damn my under-agedness.

Could you have one in them middle of nowhere in Kansas where we just drink Mountain Dew?  I'd come.
#43 Posted by beeryayghost (329 posts) -

I live just south on San Mateo. Oh wait. Im fifteen. D:

#44 Posted by flamingbananas (42 posts) -

i would go. i wish i could but i live in NY.
you better have footage so we can all see it.

#45 Posted by phlegms (1607 posts) -

Yeah Sure I'll come, just pay for my flights from Ireland and I'm set..

#46 Posted by papercut (3451 posts) -

anyone know were to get a fake ID in the bay area within 24 hours?

#47 Edited by Vincenzo (140 posts) -

i'd love to come. but i live in CT. come to NYC!!!

#48 Posted by NickM (1067 posts) -

I don't think I've ever been so jealous in my life

#49 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Giantbomb.Vagina

#50 Posted by Kung_Fu_Viking (697 posts) -

Oh man... I've always wanted to meet Vinny Caravella!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.