Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

New Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Release Will Fix Game-Breaking Glitches

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

Edited By jeff
    DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN
    DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN
    Street Fighter Devotion has posted an interview with Capcom's Rey Jimenez, who's working as a Producer on the upcoming downloadable release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Most of the interview gets into the particulars of the game, such as the new graphical filters, the fact that everyone is unlocked from the start, and so on.

One new bit of info, though, is that they're going to go back and correct a few of the game-breaking glitches. Here's what Rey had to say on that:
    All of the move properties have been preserved in the game and so have some of the glitches. We did make sure that we did our best to eliminate any of the destructive glitches, like the Gambit glitch, from the game. In order to do this, we brought in MikeZ and Magnetro of MvC2 combo video fame to help find and verify that the glitches were gone from the game. It was really amazing to see them at work.
    In case you don't know, the Gambit Glitch lets you do a specific move and sort of disappear from the screen, which kind of breaks the game. Pretty cool that they're going in and fixing that stuff.
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By jeff
    DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN
    DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN
    Street Fighter Devotion has posted an interview with Capcom's Rey Jimenez, who's working as a Producer on the upcoming downloadable release of Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Most of the interview gets into the particulars of the game, such as the new graphical filters, the fact that everyone is unlocked from the start, and so on.

One new bit of info, though, is that they're going to go back and correct a few of the game-breaking glitches. Here's what Rey had to say on that:
    All of the move properties have been preserved in the game and so have some of the glitches. We did make sure that we did our best to eliminate any of the destructive glitches, like the Gambit glitch, from the game. In order to do this, we brought in MikeZ and Magnetro of MvC2 combo video fame to help find and verify that the glitches were gone from the game. It was really amazing to see them at work.
    In case you don't know, the Gambit Glitch lets you do a specific move and sort of disappear from the screen, which kind of breaks the game. Pretty cool that they're going in and fixing that stuff.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

:D

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

oh dang now i cant trick my friends anymore :C

oh well
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

That's good to know. I hope some other things are cleaned up relating to balancing also, some tweaking could definitely be used in places...knowing Capcom though, they wont touch it.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Undeadpool

Well thank God they fixed that glitch and left in Magneto and Storm's ability to do unlimited juggles. Also: Cable.

ht101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ht101

I loved playing this game with my friend on his Dreamcast back in the day.  My team of Magneto, Hulk and Sentinel were pretty fucking badass.  Too bad I haven't played this game in about 7 or so years.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar

yeah that totally makes sense since while tournaments will allow all the infinites they won't allow game freeze or leave the game glitches.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By JJOR64

Awesome

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
    Undeadpool said:
    "Well thank God they fixed that glitch and left in Magneto and Storm's ability to do unlimited juggles. Also: Cable."
    Indeed
    ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#11  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I find it really lame that all characters are unlocked from the start.
    I have gone over 99:99:99 time limit on the Dreamcast unlocking all characters and unlocking all colors. That was the most fun I had with the game. Sure multiplayer will be fun but playing random people you know most people are gonna spam like Sentinel, Magneto, and Storm. I really wish they didn't make them all available.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13  Edited By ImperiousRix

Cool, anything to make the game perform better.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By KingBroly

That'll make the 100 and 200 hit combo achievements so much harder to get :(

Yzzerdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Yzzerdd

Gambit has a serious case of mirror face in that pic.

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Hopefully after this game, Capcom will finally bring Street Fighter III.

OnlineFpsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By OnlineFpsFan

HAhaHa! Love how there is a pic of Gambit with  "dont trust this guy" under it!!!

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hatking

Gambit has a hair that sprouts from the end of another hair on his forehead.  Weird.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By animateria

Whoever mentioned the weird hair.

Its because the original image is only one side of the face, somebody just mirrored that to go both ways.

Not clever, or too lazy to fix that I suppose. (I used to make those images too, works well with some characters, horrible with others.)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince

SFD: Now for what all the fans have been really dying to know... depending on the success of this digital download, would Capcom consider partnering with Marvel for an all new third game?

REY: While I’m not saying (yes I know this is frustrating to fans) that Capcom will definitely do a new Marvel game, I will say that the anticipated success of MvC2 will send a clear message to us that a new Marvel game is what the fans want. Actually, I honestly can’t think of a very successful Capcom game that did not get at least one sequel.

foxhound421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By foxhound421

i'm glad they have everyone unlocked from the beginning.  it's one thing to use character unlocking in a console fighting game as a carrot to encourage single-player play, but with the online-multiplayer focus tat this iteration of MvC2 will have, i would hate to have to grind out half of the 56-character roster before i could have a full roster to play with online. plus, as a remake of a years-old game, i think most people who are going to be excited about MvC2 have already spent the time an effort to unlock all of the characters at some point in the past and, personally, i wouldn't want to have to do it again.

i'm also glad they're fixing some of the glitches but they could have found a way to break Storm and Magneto's infinite combos. i don't play with either of those characters because they're just not my preference, but i can absolutely see every kid who gets this game going on GameFAQs, reading how to do it and totally ruining the online play for everyone else.
    Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Sunjammer

I wonder how utterly insane GGPO "rewinds" are going to look with the kind of bizarre shit going on onscreen in MvC2.

That said, i'm stoked. MvC2 is one of my favorite games on the DC, and i hope maybe Capcom will consider a third game in the series, SF4 style. Yeah! Screen-filling fireballs ftw!

Media_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Media_Master

hope they fix everything that needs fixing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.