Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 24, 2000

One of the most legendary crossover fighting game series is thrown into high gear with a whopping 56-character roster and new three-on-three tag-team gameplay.

Up on the UK Marketplace as of right now!

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

It's out, i'm assuming it's out for people in the US as well, less than 200mb so it's a quick download, i've just bought it and i'm gonna just right the hell in and start enjoying it.

I have to admit, of all 2D fighters, even KoF, I have the least experience with MvC2 and absolutely suck at it. But I invite you to don your Curleh Moustaches and be terrible right along with me!

If you'll excuse me, my download is finished. That's so pringles!

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Im assuming this is for the XBLA version, PSN one doesn't seem to be up.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

PSN isn't coming out for another 2 weeks unfortunately, so yup, 360 only for now.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

That would be a very valid reason for not being up, looks like its back to waiting again.

Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ouroboros

played it, loved it - i wouldnt dare step online for awhile though.  man the game is so ridiculously diffulcult.  huge learning curve but im going with it.  i ended up going with a cliche cable-cable-cable group to get through the arcade easily.  the last boss abyss was really cheap, especially the last version of him and i only won by luck and just spamming the super keys.

if anything is wrong im annoyed i cant map the Left and right triggers on the 360 and i assume thats the same on the ps3 version, cant map the L/R2 triggers - this game almost requires you to get a pad because you have to push LK/HK etc to do critical moves.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @Ouroboros:

Huh? I can map the triggers. You just gotta set some stuff to unassigned first as it doesnt auto-assign if the command already has two buttons assigned. It's a little weird but i'm positive you can set them.
    Ouroboros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ouroboros

Yeah you're probably right, sorry...I was refering to the inability to map LT/RT to LK/HK / LP/HP at the same time, you know what i mean?  I want to just hit the triggers to swap the kids out, either way im tired and probably not making any sense so im going to bed.  see you world in about 8 hours

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain

Ohhh crud yeah, sorry my bad. Yeah that does kinda suck I didn't notice that. Still I guess though, it would give an advantage online if they had the crazy PS2 versions ability to do 3 character ultras with 1 button.

spaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spaded

oh i am happy :D

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

I wont be in any rush to get this, I still have my Japanese DC copy that I bought during launch week and play the game in VGA which is absolutely fine as it is. I also have everything unlocked, The online mode doesn't appeal to me that much as I've always thought local 2 player is where Vs games like this shine. I may get it later but not now with so many other games I want. Great for those that have never played it or need it.

From my images:

No Caption Provided

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nrain

I'll be downloading it on friday, when i get the cash along with me finally downloading all the street fighter 4 costumes...I've finally given in to capcoms rip offs I want them :/

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @nrain:

Taken out of context it's a total ripoff I agree, it's not even like they were included on the disc to allow people who don't have the content to see you wearing the new costumes, they were actually in the arcade version from the beginning.

However, when you consider they replaced them with 8 extra characters, I can live with that. I bought all the costumes kinda regret some of them as I only ever used Balrog and Guiles anyway.
    nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nrain
    @The_A_Drain:
    1000 points for all of them, I can live with that.
    The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @nrain:

I was impatient and got the brawler pack free, so had to pay full price for the rest. Don't remember if it worked out above 1k points or not lol, didn't want to think about it just wanted them :P
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Sick. Time to hop on my 360 and start fighting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.