A New Hope: MvC3 Tournament

• 102 results
#51 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -
@Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @Pessh said:
" Will do.  I'll stick Sentinel in for Gosu and mech, the lols when people bitch about getting knocked out by armour and to shut all the cunts up. "
The people who bitch about  getting knocked out by armor shouldn't be playing but ok. "
YOU SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING BUT OK "
THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE BUT OK, TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF! "
I DON'T EVEN OWN THIS GAME ON PS3, OR A PS3.. BUT I LIKE CAPSING. SO ARGH.
#52 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @Pessh said:
" Will do.  I'll stick Sentinel in for Gosu and mech, the lols when people bitch about getting knocked out by armour and to shut all the cunts up. "
The people who bitch about  getting knocked out by armor shouldn't be playing but ok. "
MORE SENSE THAN YOU AND CAPSLOCK IS FOR COWARDS AND WOMEN BUT OK
#53 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Sign me up, but if I get starving gamer for my first round, then I want double elims. 

#54 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @Pessh said:
MORE SENSE THAN YOU AND CAPSLOCK IS FOR COWARDS AND WOMEN BUT OK "
I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I? (Are you seriously this childish?)
#55 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @Pessh said:
I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I? (Are you seriously this childish?) "
Hey, I didn't start this "most useless comment" contest, you did. If you can't handle the heat, stop setting yourself on fire.
#56 Posted by thehuntsmen5434 (427 posts) -

Sentinel's back in?  I think he's a little unbalanced, but I also can see how it'd be unfair to the players if you couldn't play a character you practiced with or enjoyed.

#57 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @Pessh said:
PENIS.
#58 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44 said:
" @Pessh said:
Hey, I didn't start this "most useless comment" contest, you did. If you can't handle the heat, stop setting yourself on fire. "
Lol most useless comment. CAPS LOCK IS SO COOL. Fuck off kid.
#59 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mrsignerman44: You're right, it was incredibly kid-like or childish of me to randomly insult the organizer and participants of a tournament which I myself apparently have no interest in taking part of. Oh wait...
#60 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:
" @Mrsignerman44: You're right, it was incredibly kid-like or childish of me to randomly insult the organizer and participants of a tournament which I myself apparently have no interest in taking part of. Oh wait... "
Who said I didn't have any interest in it? Your too quick to assume shit that you don't even know. I might have joined but i'm not free this friday, people have shit to do. Now, if you'd kindly stop making a fool of yourself before this thread turns even worse please do so.
#61 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mrsignerman44 Apparently the word "apparently" doesn't mean what it used to. I guess when you were calling the people in this thread "pussies" that "shouldn't be playing" it was your pubescent attempt to endear us to you with your rouge like charm. I mean I know whenever I want to participate in a community tournament the first thing I think to do is call everyone pussies that shouldn't be playing. But I'm usually too busy making a fool of myself to execute on that brilliant plan.
#62 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1471 posts) -

Good luck with this. Looks like you'll need it with all the whining going on.  Any chance of a return of Gosu's livestream for the finals or whatever. That I'd watch.
#63 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: I'll stream if I remember to. Who knows, maybe there are some decent Android Streaming apps now that doesn't require me to stack 20 books on my desk.
#64 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1471 posts) -
@gosukiller:  Ha good times. Yeah you want the 20 law books simulator app.    
#65 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@thegoldencat7 said:
" Any chance of a return of Gosu's livestream for the finals or whatever. That I'd watch. "
You can't watch other peoples matches though........can you? So how would he stream them? Or did you just mean his own matches? 

If you can then I might consider recording some of the matches if I'm around. I can't play in the tourney cuz I don't have that much free time atm but if I'm on when people play then I could record/stream the odd one.
#66 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I think this poster more closely resembles the state of this thread. The text with the cast still needs some work but yeah. It's all in jest by the way, please don't get butthurt if you're not mentioned and go about assuming you're being called a scrub or something. 

Are we still using the old Legit chat thing? i haven't seen people in there for a long while but then again I haven't been playing too much either.
#67 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -
@Jack268: Lmao, that's great, and yeah still legit room.
#68 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -
@StarvingGamer: Excuse me, but are you retarded? I think you need help. You've been spewing shit that doesn't make any sense, and yet you still type idiotic ramblings.
#69 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mrsignerman44: Ugh seriously? Ok if you really don't understand this is basically what just happened to you:

You: Y'all are pussies that shouldn't be playing this game
Me: Gibberish leading to the eventual punchline that your previous comments were as useless as my idiotic ramblings (bazinga)
You: Ad hominem "you are a kid" counterargument to disguise your lack of a real rebuttal
Me: Parry and riposte by stating that randomly insulting people in a thread about a tournament you have expressed no personal interest in is more "kid-like"
You: Inability to understand the word "apparently" combined with scathing "ur dum" argument
Me: Incensed scattershot reply (I was sleepy) to the suggestion that I should have deduced your interest in a tournament based on "Y'all are pussies that shouldn't be playing this game"
You: "I don't get it but ur still dum"
Me: This post which is probably too polysyllabic or, as you may know it, "wordy," to remedy your confusion. Or maybe I'm just being successfully trolled but work is boring so that's ok.
#70 Posted by thegoldencat7 (1471 posts) -
@mubress:
Hm, I didn't think of that. Nah theres no spectator mode. As of yet anyway. What a sucky problem that is.  
Gosu could still stream his own matches of course. 

^Nice poster, it'd do for a second tournament too.
#71 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -

Nine so far, no word from Roy, and they'll probably be a few more randoms but doubt we'll get to sixteen so some people will probably have an extra match.

#72 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -

Tomorrows the last day for sign ups, hoping for seven more people.

#73 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -

I'm in, do we have to have our teams determined before the tourney?

#74 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Killroycantkill said:
" I'm in, do we have to have our teams determined before the tourney? "
@Pessh: I doubt it but now that it's being mentioned, are we doing a loser can change team winner can't sort of thing?
#75 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -
@Killroycantkill:@StarvingGamer: Nah, It's not like SSF4 where everyone already knows the matchups and will be counterpicking. Starving being the only exception.
#76 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

I won over Static 2-0 :D

#77 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -
@Mechwing: You played already?
#78 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@Pessh: 
Yep! ask static.
#79 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -
@Mechwing: It's cool, I believe you, just surprised, only posted the brackets half an hour ago. Please tell me you used Sent lol.
#80 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@Pessh:  Yea i used Sent. rofl. changed my team up since you last saw it
#81 Posted by Pessh (2451 posts) -
@Mechwing: Oh no! You're still playing Taskmaster though right? =P
#82 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@Pessh: Nope! :D
#83 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

I might be on tonight. Hope to get my match with @Killroycantkill done.

#84 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mechwing: What time zone are you in and when do you think you'll be on? I should have a majority of the weekend free but I probably won't be sitting around on PSN.
#85 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@StarvingGamer:  Time zone is Eastern since i'm in canada. i'll be on mostly sunday. that sound good?
#86 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mechwing: Yeah I'm in Pacific, I'll pop on periodically Sunday to see if you're on and PM you here if I'm starting to lose hope.
#87 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

lol Won against Starving 2-1. was close matches. was fun good stuff.

#88 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mechwing The last one wasn't close at all lol, you've proven my team inviable with that drone assist. Back to le drawing board. GGs.
#89 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@StarvingGamer: Yea well. thats cuz i forgot i had the assists button for awhile. lol
#90 Posted by StarvingGamer (7569 posts) -
@Mechwing Craziest part though was at the end of match 3 when I teleported a full character above Amaterasu and still ate the lvl3, insane hitbox on that thing.
#91 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

Going to see if Killroy and I can get our match done. If you're reading this Roy, contact me on Steam.

#92 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -
@gosukiller: Will do, I have about... 3 hours left in school. I'll try and contact you then.
#93 Edited by gosukiller (2324 posts) -
@Killroycantkill: It will be 23:00 here at that time, at which point I'll won't be able to use my stick (due to the noise it makes). 

Contact me anyhow.
#94 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -
@gosukiller: Hey I'm not on my comp so I can't get on steam, but I'm on MvC3 now.
#95 Edited by gosukiller (2324 posts) -
@Killroycantkill: ggs roy, sorry that i had to cut it short but it's midnight here. 

Dante looks fun to learn, maybe I'll replace him for Doctor Doom who I only know one thing with: His assist. 

2-1 to killroy.
#96 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -

I am teh winnars! Good games everyone. Can't wait for the next tourny.

#97 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@Killroycantkill: That's another PS3 tourney completed :) Congrats dude!
#98 Edited by Pessh (2451 posts) -

Congrats Killroy, first ever Canadian to win a fighting game tournament in the history of man.

And thanks to everyone who played, don't know if i'll do anymore, people just aren't playing the game.
#99 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

Grats to Killroy. Always makes me feel better if I lose to the guy that ends up winning the whole thing :P

#100 Posted by VicRattlehead (1397 posts) -

well done killroy :O 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.