Galactus Fight Video Leaked

#1 Edited by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -

Without further ado

It looks like he's taken two new heralds, Cosmic Doom and Cosmic Akuma...?  Unfortunately I'm guessing these guys are going to be the last "character reveals" Capcom has promised which isn't a reveal at all.  Still, looks like a fun fight worth figuring out how to exploit horribly once or twice even without Cable.
#2 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Damn, that looks cool.

#3 Posted by morrowjo (12 posts) -

Sweet lord yes.

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Capcom is terrible at keeping secrets.

Shit looks awesome.

#5 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

It's like Master Hand, but way more badass.

#6 Posted by FUN (177 posts) -

Maybe it's because of the difficulty setting and not seeing much of the fight because the guy playing has little experience and floundering about, but Galactus seems repetitive.

Still, it's cool to see him.  I was expecting the full game not to be leaked until like February.

#7 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3114 posts) -

Cosmic Akuma and Doom both being able to fight simultaneously seems like it's going to end badly for me, a lot.

#8 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

That's definitely a modded Xbox, though I don't doubt that legit copies are out there.

Also, that game over screen is fucking awesome. As well as the return of the reverse dramatic battles from Street Fighter Alpha 3.

#9 Posted by FUN (177 posts) -

My biggest concern in challenge.  Abyss and Apocalypse were absolutely braindead.  Onslaught was pretty cool tho.

#10 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

I love how Capcom figured all you needed was silver skin to be a herald...

#11 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

So wait, he emptied Galactus's life bar and still lost?

#12 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" So wait, he emptied Galactus's life bar and still lost? "
Seems like Galactus used a final attack before dying
#13 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Earth KO'd

I hate VS final bosses, but he LOOKS great at least (from a comic book perspective)

#14 Posted by Yummylee (22538 posts) -

Video removed by user? =/

#15 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
#16 Edited by Yummylee (22538 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:

" @Abyssfull said:

" Video removed by user? =/ "
you're welcome :) "
8D 

I was watching that with the ''Vergil Appearance'' theme from DMC3 as well, not even realising it was from my own playlist. Suited surprisingly well for Galactus' entrance, and all the more when Dante entered the ring =P 

#17 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Was it from PlayR? They released their "review." I guess they don't know what the fuck an embargo, copyright laws, or a fighting game is.

#18 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:

" Was it from PlayR? They released their "review." I guess they don't know what the fuck an embargo, copyright laws, or a fighting game is. "

especially the last part... didnt know what the fuck x-factor did, was mashing hypers with "triggers" and said didnt understand a dragonpunch motion, jesus christ. Also used IGN footage showing big combos (lol) obviously because they (he?) had no idea how to play the game

edit: this made me chuckle :p  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3rtghJ97d0
#19 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:

" @ThePhantomnaut said:

" Was it from PlayR? They released their "review." I guess they don't know what the fuck an embargo, copyright laws, or a fighting game is. "

especially the last part... didnt know what the fuck x-factor did, was mashing hypers with "triggers" and said didnt understand a dragonpunch motion, jesus christ. Also used IGN footage showing big combos (lol) obviously because they (he?) had no idea how to play the game

edit: this made me chuckle :p  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3rtghJ97d0 "
EDIT: Whoops you linked redrapper's video. :P BEST SHIT.
#20 Edited by VicRattlehead (1400 posts) -

hype for marvel is reaching critical levels  

@Rhaknar: haha that video was amazing "IM JUST PRESSING BUTTONS AND GETTING HIT"

#21 Posted by Lilarcor (213 posts) -

Apparently, the herald fight is chosen at random from Doom/Dormammu (for Marvel) and Akuma/Wesker (for Capcom). You fight both at once, then Galactus himself. I don't know what the deal was with Galactus seemingly being dead and then the player losing though. It's not really clear whether you have to dodge that last attack or the last match is on a timer before you automatically lose and Galactus had health left when it expired.

#22 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Someone post a backup video. Cus the description sounds just like the boss for Street Fighter Versus XMen, with a giant dude and a (snore) super version of Akuma.

#23 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Someone post a backup video. Cus the description sounds just like the boss for Street Fighter Versus XMen, with a giant dude and a (snore) super version of Akuma. "
i already reposted it dude
#24 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11391 posts) -

Video has been removed! So sad...

#25 Posted by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:
" Video has been removed! So sad... "
Fix't
#26 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11391 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:

" @MooseyMcMan said:

" Video has been removed! So sad... "
Fix't "
!!! 

Edit: Did he just KO Earth?  

Also, looks like a rad final boss, but on the other hand, I now kind of question the logic of spoiling the final fight. Oh well, at least I haven't seen how it ends if you win. 
#27 Posted by Sarumarine (2303 posts) -

Heh heh. If only Yami had Galactus on speed dial he could have killed Amaterasu easily. That looks pretty crazy. I don't know many games where the whole Earth can be KO'd.

#28 Posted by MforMaverick (119 posts) -

Very interesting choice to make Galactus the final boss. I can dig it.

#29 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" It's like Master Hand, but way more badass. "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.