Is Storm Buffed or Nerfed?

#1 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -

I just wanna know if you could all list down what was buffed and nerfed on Storm.",)

and if she's  a better character to use now than in MVC2.
#2 Posted by waitwhat (251 posts) -

they nerfed her badly. she's roll tier now.

#3 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@waitwhat said:
" they nerfed her badly. she's roll tier now. "
is it possible for you to give a list what has been nerfed on Storm?
#4 Posted by Lilarcor (206 posts) -

So far I've heard she's not quite as godly as she was in MvC2, but still very good. One change that I saw listed by people who played her was that her Whirlwind has a long startup now, whether or not you charge it. But right now it's hard to say because the last 10 or so characters they've revealed haven't been available in any of the public tests so players haven't worked out all the details.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (258 posts) -

Oh boy. I see you found Giant Bomb.

#6 Posted by FUN (178 posts) -

Consensus from the stream, dev team, PR guys, and pros who have played is that Storm is still pretty beastly with some buffs (Hail hits OTG now, actually good projectiles) and nerfs (If you hit OTG with Hailstorm you can't land a DHC and hit, Lightning Storm doesn't knock down, can't whiff normals to build meter) and a lot has stayed the same (Keep away QUEEN)

Yipes even calls her one of the best characters in the game so far.  Wouldn't doubt it.

#7 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE

#8 Posted by RVonE (4479 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
"WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE "

lol
#9 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@FUN said:
" Consensus from the stream, dev team, PR guys, and pros who have played is that Storm is still pretty beastly with some buffs (Hail hits OTG now, actually good projectiles) and nerfs (If you hit OTG with Hailstorm you can't land a DHC and hit, Lightning Storm doesn't knock down, can't whiff normals to build meter) and a lot has stayed the same (Keep away QUEEN)  Yipes even calls her one of the best characters in the game so far.  Wouldn't doubt it. "
really? who said that?

and does Storm have dashes? 8 way dash?

I also wanna ask  if she can still fly away but this time not building meter.
#10 Posted by FUN (178 posts) -
@rbysjti said:

really? who said that?   

Yipes, Marn, JWong, Mike Ross, Keits, S-Kill, and pretty much everyone on the stream and the videos on the stream.  If you played Storm in MvC 2 or XvSF you can pretty much jump in.

@rbysjti said:

and does Storm have dashes? 8 way dash?  I also wanna ask  if she can still fly away but this time not building meter. " 

lol, it's STORM dude :p

#11 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@FUN said:
" @rbysjti said:

really? who said that?   

Yipes, Marn, JWong, Mike Ross, Keits, S-Kill, and pretty much everyone on the stream and the videos on the stream.  If you played Storm in MvC 2 or XvSF you can pretty much jump in.

@rbysjti said:

and does Storm have dashes? 8 way dash?  I also wanna ask  if she can still fly away but this time not building meter. " 

lol, it's STORM dude :p

"
She can still fly away. but what's good with it if she can build meter? everybody else build meter when they move. Why would this be an exception to Storm?

and the typhoon isn't useful, before you can summon it, you're already hit.

I saw it but it sure is gonna be tougher to use Storm to win. :(
#12 Posted by FUN (178 posts) -

NO ONE builds meter like that, not just Storm, and she can still run away and stall with it.  Sure, not building meter with it sucks, but it's not useless.

For her projectile buff, that was more for Whirlwind than Typhoon, but you can do it to stall, and it OTGs from the air, meaning you can continue a combo

#13 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@FUN said:
" NO ONE builds meter like that, not just Storm, and she can still run away and stall with it.  Sure, not building meter with it sucks, but it's not useless.    For her projectile buff, that was more for Whirlwind than Typhoon, but you can do it to stall, and it OTGs from the air, meaning you can continue a combo "
i see. 

anyway, can you tell me what EX factor is cos i've heard somebody said about C viper having it
#14 Posted by FUN (178 posts) -

EX Factor?  I think the person was confused and combining X-Factor and C. Viper's EX moves together.

X-Factor is activated by pressing A,B,C and E together and it resets your character to a neutral state no matter what you are doing, so you get a Roman Cancel.  It also increases your strength and health, but how long and how much depends on when you activate it in a match.

C. Viper has her EX versions of her specials, you activate it by using E when you do a special attack.  EX Thunder Knuckle crumples, EX Burn Kick hits when you are flipping, and EX Seismo Hammer launches higher and is faster

#15 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@FUN said:
" EX Factor?  I think the person was confused and combining X-Factor and C. Viper's EX moves together.  X-Factor is activated by pressing A,B,C and E together and it resets your character to a neutral state no matter what you are doing, so you get a Roman Cancel.  It also increases your strength and health, but how long and how much depends on when you activate it in a match.  C. Viper has her EX versions of her specials, you activate it by using E when you do a special attack.  EX Thunder Knuckle crumples, EX Burn Kick hits when you are flipping, and EX Seismo Hammer launches higher and is faster "
I get it now. :)

Storm's vertical typhoon is being humiliated by Dormmamu's vertical blast attack.  :(
#16 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@rbysjti: Shes different, so I'd say not buffed or nerfed, she just has a different roll. She can DHC trick most easily in the whole game, she still has high damaging combos, her crouching light and crouching hard are still gnarly, and she chips like a motherfucker.
#17 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @rbysjti: Shes different, so I'd say not buffed or nerfed, she just has a different roll. She can DHC trick most easily in the whole game, she still has high damaging combos, her crouching light and crouching hard are still gnarly, and she chips like a motherfucker. "
Hmmmm... Maybe you're right. But if we compare her to her oldself, Storm was better before than now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.