Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

MVC3 retail version stream (spoilers I guess)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

so, someone has the final game, and he streamed about a hour and half of it. Gameplay isnt the best (mostly mashy), and the computer AI is pretty braindead as usual in fighting games, but hey, its new footage and theres some stuff you can take out of it:

1 - We already knew this but its confirmed, you can have a "reserved" team, basically your 3 "mains" and choose it with 1 button in the character screen (you can even save what colors they use too, which is awesome)
    2 - Pheonix has no health
    3 - There seems to be only 4 heralds for Galactus, its always a combination of Aluma, Wesker, Dormammu and Doom. Before you ask "but what if we choose 3 of those?" he can have mirrors, the stream has Akuma vs Herald Akuma
    4 - Pheonix...has NO health
    5 - The "AAH" choir sound from lvl 3 hypers seems to be gone, maybe so people don't react on them via the sound they make?
    6 - You don't buy stuff with points, it automatically unlocks when you have enough it seems
    7 - Seriously, Pheonix's health is a joke, she died from 1 hit + lvl 1 hyper combo from Hulk >_>

Anyway, here's the link:  http://pt.justin.tv/toptiergaming/b/278659440

Ratcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ratcabbage

Fantastic! Going to watch it now. Great find. 

Let me get this straight though... Phoenix has no health?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Ratcabbage said:
    " Fantastic! Going to watch it now. Great find. 

Let me get this straight though... Phoenix has no health? "
    dude...she has NO health. Whoever plays her, and gets results, is fucking GOOD at this game :(
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Rhaknar: As much as I've ragged on Phoenix for being utterly worthless, I wonder if a battery team of Morrigan or Felicia plus Phoenix would be any use.  An extremely strong on point character with Morrigan spamming her battery assist or an extremely strong assist character with Felicia spamming her battery special to get up to 5 bars really fast, then swap in Phoenix?

Nah, Phoenix sucks.  Low tier!
    Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Sessh

Well, I guess it was to be expected, especially since she has a move that resurrects her once, but yeah, her dying from basically one combo might be a bit much.

Anyways, thanks for getting me even more stoked about this game. Waiting's a bitch.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Radical!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rhaknar
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @Rhaknar: As much as I've ragged on Phoenix for being utterly worthless, I wonder if a battery team of Morrigan or Felicia plus Phoenix would be any use.  An extremely strong on point character with Morrigan spamming her battery assist or an extremely strong assist character with Felicia spamming her battery special to get up to 5 bars really fast, then swap in Phoenix?  Nah, Phoenix sucks.  Low tier! "
    the only thing that im thinking is, well, first all of we haven't seen any "real"play with her, but second, even in the mashy stream, the dude didnt use her healing hyper even once, he kept pumping out the pheonix inferno one, and he wasnt playing her keep away either, so if you going to rush down with Pheonix im thinking that hyper needs to be out AT ALL TIMES (she heals when the opponent is in contact with the bubble, aka, when youre rushing down)
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Rhaknar: Yeah, but she only heals red bar which has limited use.  You'd have to get hit by a beefy combo before it really became worth it and at that point she's probably dead anyways.  He projectile game doesn't look good enough for keepaway.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rhaknar
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @Rhaknar: Yeah, but she only heals red bar which has limited use.  You'd have to get hit by a beefy combo before it really became worth it and at that point she's probably dead anyways.  He projectile game doesn't look good enough for keepaway. "

aye, i just wonder for example in that hulk...combo (if 1 hit plus a hyper is a combo...), if she had the shield up, if she would have been recovering health while getting hit, preventing her from dying. Also, in the rest of the stream the dude had plenty of opportunities to get red life back while rushing down and didnt. Im not saying shes viable, just saying that i need to give her a go first :p
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Rhaknar: Mmm good point.  But man, she seems so gimmicky, like a bad version of Seth or something.  Who knows, maybe Phoenix becomes the new Psylocke and MSP becomes a thing again.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By benpack

Wow... Phoenix has no health...

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I bet once people figure something out with phoenix she'll become unstoppable. 
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer

Hahaha yeah, she's garbage.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rhaknar

as i said Starving, 1 hit+hyper combo :p but yeah, even taking into consideration that it was hulk, who hits like a truck, even if it was a weaker character, he could have just x-factored into a second hyper, or DHCed (or both, but that would kill any character to be fair not just Jean)... so yeah, there are "dont get hit characters", Pheonix seems to be a "dont get sneezed at" character :(
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Rhaknar: Yeah but it's one thing to hear it, it's another thing to see it.  Like... wow.  So she might be a decent counterpick for Arthur if her rushdown is good enough.  Otherwise 1HKO.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rhaknar

by the way, something we havent mentioned from the stream but is quite welcome... look at those fucking load times! Or lack of, at least in story/arcade mode, they are basically non-existant. Hopefully it carries over to multiplayer
    deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By deathbyyeti

so when you say no...
    what are you insinuating?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rhaknar
    @DeathbyYeti said:
    "so when you say no... what are you insinuating? "

no what? no health for pheonix? just watch the video starving posted a few posts ago
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Yanngc33
    @StarvingGamer: lol you'd think big boobs would equal extra heath
    MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By MikeFightNight

Went online today to try and reserve a SE PS3 copy and everyone is sold out;(  Except for the Capcom store but the shipping to where I am is a bitch.  I was hoping to walk into future ship or best buy day one and pick up a loose SE copy as I usually see for other new games, but I don't think that will be happening... 

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By FUN

Haggar and Amaterasu's endings were great.  Altho Sent's was easy to predict, I still chuckled at them apprehending Dan.

Rek503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Rek503

Thanks for the link. I watched the whole thing earlier. Went to go show my friend the video, and It looks like it got taken down. Bummer, but expected.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zidane_24
    @Rek503 said:
    " Thanks for the link. I watched the whole thing earlier. Went to go show my friend the video, and It looks like it got taken down. Bummer, but expected. "
    Try this one. 
    Rek503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rek503
    @Zidane_24:  Thanks!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.