Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Netcode and Online Play

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pessh

Producers been talking up the netcode, apparently its the speed of light

"It's the speed of light, and maybe a little bit of influence from infrastructure depending on where you are. So, if you're playing from Japan against someone in Sweden there will be some lag due to the distance. But it's all quite satisfactory."

"Because I'm not on the Super Street Fighter IV team I don't know exactly what their netcode is like, but I know we have a lot more information, or we have more data transfer due to more characters and more effects. And actual game flow is a lot faster than in Super Street Fighter IV." 

You can also create decks, kind of like classes in Call of Duty, but instead of weapons and perks you pick characters and assists. Sounds alright, would get tedious having to pick the same three characters and three assists every match.

"So we've implemented a type of profile. You create your own deck and then you pre-select your characters and pre-select your assists – alpha, beta and gamma – and you can just have that as a slot. So you can just pick your combination when you want."  

Still nothing on online modes, things weren't looking good back in August, Seth said don't expect anything beyond what was in Vanilla, but the achievments were recently released and there's one for participating in an eight player lobby.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By benpack

Sounds good so far.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By ricetopher

I'm not getting my hopes up, but we'll see. Netcode can only go so far. At some point distance and people with shit Internet becomes the problem.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Omg yes. The deck system is a freaking dream come true since I don't plan to go outside my 4-5 character rotation too often.

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FUN

It's the speed of light

In Japan.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By killroycantkill

As long as I can destroy people in the UK like I do now with SF4 then we're good.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai

Nah it's going to suck, every capcom game has had horrible netcode.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @FUN said:
    "  It's the speed of light  In Japan. "
    Heh, precisely. Whatever, I rarely have any issues playing online in SSFIV so if MvC3 is even better, great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.