Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Now, don't get me wrong...

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JoeMarsden

...I'm not all that great at fighting games, but my first two and only matches on Xbox LIVE consisted of people cornering me with a ranged attack or something then repeatedly spamming it. Deadpool, specifically, was repeatedly shooting me and I was trying both blocking and low blocking, as well as advancing guard (pretty pointless, but I had to try everything). I tried one of those partner block assists too, but that didn't work either. It just ended up with both my remaining team members getting hurt. So, what am I doing wrong? Anyone else run into something like this? And yes, I say again, I typically suck, so just ignore that fact for now and help me out!

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

That cornering method is the way I won my first online match. That's the best way for a novice like me to get some wins.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ulong

I actually run a pretty spammy team. I think zoning keepaway is a really fun way to play the game, though the number of people online who have sent me a "learn to play" message after I just handed them there ass is allways hillarious to me.

If you're finding range spam really bad there's 2 people you might want to consider Arthur and Dorumaru(or whatever his name is don't know most the more obscure marvel characters), the guy with the flaming head.

Arthur's double lance spam (down forward medium attack, medium attack) beats almost every other spam attack in the game. if you find yourself up against a Deadpool range spamming you, block his shot, then immediatly down forward double tap medium attack. The first lance will eat the bullets, and the second lance will hit deadpool. You can now keep outranging him untill he switches up his tactics or stubornly losses all his health.

Doromaru also has a great attack people have used effectively to counter my arthur spam, he summons this littleblack whole thing right behind me and punishes me with it whenever I try to range spam on him.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By gosukiller

Superjump, air-dash or just get a character with a better projectile..

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#5  Edited By Soap

Use more skill

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

No, we got you plenty wrong, cause just about everybody can superjump and then they would have to run away somehow if they want to keep it up. Cowering in the corner like a little bitch is not the right way. 

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JoeMarsden
    @Soap said:

" Use more skill "

No shit. Try and be a little more helpful or constructive next time, or just don't bother replying at all. :) 

Also, pretty sure I tried superjumping. Didn't get me out of it, but I'll try it again should the issue crop up once more.
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#8  Edited By Soap
    @JoeMarsden said:
    " @Soap said:

" Use more skill "

No shit. Try and be a little more helpful or constructive next time, or just don't bother replying at all. :)  Also, pretty sure I tried superjumping. Didn't get me out of it, but I'll try it again should the issue crop up once more. "
    Yikes, no need to jump up my ass. I was making a site related joke is all. 
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sooty

I had some little bitch doing this to me one game, he got a few hits on me but once I got used to it and got in close it was light's out for him. Wesker + Sentinel assist shenanigans FTW.

I'm still used to SFIV zoning and need to get used to getting past it on this.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GaspoweR

Easiest way is to spam back....that is how it is with these zoning techniques. Super lame and frustrating as hell but there are ways in countering it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty
    @GaspoweR said:
    " Easiest way is to spam back....that is how it is with these zoning techniques. Super lame and frustrating as hell but there are ways in countering it. "
    Depends on your character, I play Wesker/Magneto/Sentinel which aren't really the best at zoning, although Magneto can do it pretty well and Sentinel can be super annoying with his beam attack
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Enigma777
    @JoeMarsden said:

" @Soap said:

" Use more skill "

No shit. Try and be a little more helpful or constructive next time, or just don't bother replying at all. :)  Also, pretty sure I tried superjumping. Didn't get me out of it, but I'll try it again should the issue crop up once more. "
    Stop being so damn ungrateful! Soap offered you some excellent advice.... but since I'm feeling generous I will offer you some more: "Get 'em" or "Don't die" 

Follow it and results are guaranteed! I swear on my nana's beard.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Soap said:
    " @JoeMarsden said:
    " @Soap said:

" Use more skill "

Yikes, no need to jump up my ass. I was making a site related joke is all.  "
    A site related joke would involve Brad dying at the title screen. 
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Rhaknar

im 14 wins 4 losses so far, im still pretty terrible, i had 2 blow out losses to ppl with like 70 wins (reminded me of my matches with vic lol), and a couple of time out losses to people spamming projectiles (dooms is so much better than in mvc2), thats just how it goes i guess. Need to get better at the game. I actually find rushdown teams with spiderman/ironman/wolverine a lot more difficult (at least the 2 blowout losses i had were to this exact team lol)

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JustinSane311

I suggest reading this book...

No Caption Provided
    His chapter about Punching Dudes in the face is amazing!
    JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JoeMarsden

Yeah, punching dudes in the face is great and all - if you can get close. This is my point. Sorta like Jeff in the quick look with Amaterasu - can't get out, doesn't quite get what's going on. 

But yes, I do need to get better at the game, I already know this. So all you people making jokes at my skill or whatever, just shut it.

WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By WiqidBritt

projectile spam goes all the way back to Street Fighter II, and there has always been ways around it... in this game, I suggest trying to air dash when you get a chance between shots and get up close, or attempt to beat his spam with better spam

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By carlthenimrod

Use someone like Captain America and jump over the projective and use a downward air throw of the shield.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#20  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @JoeMarsden:
    • Pick Dante
    • Press D,D+S
    • ???
    • Profit
    Gilsham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Gilsham

you could get a char like taskmater who can fire on a down angle and then use it to punish (task also has changing star which goes though them and a projectile counter so he is pretty good), listing the team you like to use would be helpful as to what you can do to get out also almost air dashes can be done with 2 atk buttons instead of double tapping the direction

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Im not mistaken DeadPool has a sword attack that lets him dash across the screen pretty much, you could try that.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

If you do face an situation like that remember what you can currently do with your team. If you can teleport, do it. Also superjump is a possible universal solution. 

@StarvingGamer said: 

@JoeMarsden: 

• Pick Dante
    • Press D,D+S
    • ???
    • Profit
    "
    Also that (if you pick him). 
    proflate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By proflate

super jump super jump super jump super jump super jump out of the way.

Ichorid4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Ichorid4

It's harder for some characters than others. Super jumps and instant startup beam supers like a Shinkuu Hadouken help a lot.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By cornbredx

I havent played the new one but ranged spam in the MvC2 back in the day I'd just call in one of the team mates to take the hit and jump over it and combo the cheeser out of it. 

I don't have any tactics for the new one though, I haven't played MvC in any form (seriously) in years- so I don't know if that would work at all well in the new one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.