Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Official Team/Character Discussion Thread

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#151  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Have you tried burning kick to set up an unblockable high/low? I'm not sure how easy it is for Dante to get in like that but Ammy must have some tricks along those lines right?

Looks like M, H, H, H, S is going to be the best ender for that combo mid-screen.

Same combo in a corner though against anyone but X-23 (buh?) looks like you can do:

M, H xx D,DB,B+L, M, H xx D,DB,B+L, M, H, F+HHHHH xx D,DB,B+L, S xx SJ, M, M, H, H, H xx D,DF,F+H, land, S xx SJ, M, M, H, H, H, S although all that extra trouble only next you about 100k more damage.

It looks like all the really sexy Ammy combos involve switching to Thunder Edge at some point though.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By Pessh
    @StarvingGamer: wtf, will definitely trying that, didn't even know you could combo after the paper thing. I've use it a little with that Ammy string but that's about it, might be worth trying with Dante's crouching A now you mention it. Thanks dude, very helpful as always.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Yeah it puts you at +8 on hit and is unaffected by hitstun decay. Linking it to M is a 3-frame link and linking it to S is a 2-frame link. Happy hunting :D
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#154  Edited By animateria

Eh, sticking to Tron Ammy Morrigan...

It's a fairly basic combo but L, M, H, S, M, M, H, S, cr.H(OTG), A2 (Ammy), f.H, Takeout is probably the most doable combo for me (606,700 dmg).

(I can change the beginning to L, M, H, Drill, S but the damage actually scales lower to 570,000 at the end... Pretty silly.) 

Nothing remotely close to that combo with my Morrigan and Ammy. Around 390,000 and 470,000 respectively.

I really can't learn more than 1 character at a time all that well, which kinda sucks.

hencook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By hencook

I've got Wesker, Chris, Trish, I call it Team Circle of Life!

Wesker is assisted by Chris's Gun Fire, which allows Wesker to crossup with his teleport setups and extend some of his combos OTG.
    Chris is assisted by Trish's Peekaboo assist, giving Chris a desperately needed anti-air. If Trish's trap gets anyone, Chris can get a free super too! (flamethrower/knife super)
    Trish is assisted by Wesker's OTG shot, giving her a deadly low mixup with her triangle jump on offense, as well as extending her combos. If Trish has the meter, she can throw out her Round Harvest super, tapping Wesker in.
    Wesker gets tapped in... circle of life, bitches.

The team also has a healthy mix of characters, Wesker is Rush down/Battery, Chris is keep away/Battery, and Trish can do both. I could pretty much switch team order to counter other teams as well, Chris/Wesker can switch easily and Trish is fine being in second/third.

RedLeaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#156  Edited By RedLeaf

need some help with a team.  im currently running Cap (stars and stripes), Doom ( plasma beam), and still lookin for a third. Played around with wolverine yesterday and was liking him. however, i've been noticing how weak caps game gets when i corner an opponent and was thinking of takin him out, altho hard cus caps one of my fav comic book chars. any ideas for a third if i choose to keep cap or a good party based more so around Doom, as Im rly liking him. liked spiderman to but couldnt see where he'd fit into my current party.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#157  Edited By benpack

Well I finally settled on my team. Haggar (Lariat) Hulk (AA Gamma) Sent (Sent Drones).
    I call it Team Hitbox.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By animateria

Tried to see if there was something more after that Ammy Ice Shot assist...  Managed to get another ground bounce.

L, M, H, S, M, M, H, S, cr.H(OTG), A2 (Ammy), f.H, j.S, ???

There's definitely more options like just going for Takeout, or doing fr.M or S and doing whatever afterward... I should probably play other people but finding ways to extend the combo is fun in itself.

I should figure out how J.Wong is using the fr.M fire attack to do combos since it doesn't require an assist. That is probably the best way to extend my combo as well.

Oh and his Ammy combo looks pretty BnB I should probably learn that if I want to get any good at Ammy. Just gotta change weapons quick and do the low dash sword attack.

I must say, J.Wong's She-Hulk, Ammy, Tron team was pretty impressive. Helps that I use two of the three characters as well. Says he might change teams again for the next WNF, I think he's very much enjoying showcasing the game more than anything. Ironic, in a good way.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By ricetopher

Haven't been playing this game a ton since I swore off playing online, but I had an idea for a second team and I won't get the time to play again and test it out for a few days. Keep in mind that since I don't ever plan on being competitive my teams aren't built in a such a way. Basically I go for stupid teams (see my Magneto/Ryu/Trish team).

Trish(Peek-a-bo)/Storm(whichever assist pushes fullscreen)/Haggar(lariat)

Basically the point of this team is to play lame as fuck, unless I come down to Haggar, in which case I say fuck it and try to pull a stupid comeback.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#160  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Although I'm limited to local matches with friends (I've got one slow as hell Internet connection), I usually do really well with Magneto, Akuma, and Storm.  I regularly switch out Akuma for other characters, and have had pretty good luck with Thor and Iron Man mixed in there too.  I really need to work on my air juggles and lengthier combinations - man, oh man, do I wish the combinations would appear on screen when you're doing mission mode and had better explanations.  Eh, oh well.  

By the way, stupid question, but how do I assign characters to predetermined teams?  When I go into character select, I know you hit LB (for the 360) to access the premade teams, but how do I wipe those teams and create my own?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Sparky_Buzzsaw On title menu in top right there should be something like RB for Player License something (I have it on PS3). That opens up your player license card where you can go and edit your reserve teams.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#162  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
    @StarvingGamer:
    Right on.  Thanks.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#163  Edited By ImperiousRix

Skrull is a BEAST.  He has so many ways to combo into his Hyper Combos, his command grab is crazy, and he's just a fun character to use. 
    I've got him on point on a Tron, Taskmaster team. 
    Skrull (Stone Smite), Tron (Gustaff Fire), Taskmaster (Aim Master *straight shot*)

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By benpack

I need a team that's completely different than my current Haggar/Hulk/Sent team. I'm thinking Arthur/Magneto/??? or something along those lines. Team zoning.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By ricetopher

As much as I love playing Magneto, my new team is looking like Chris/Trish/Haggar, just for that Chris level 3 and the pipe.

BRING THE PAIN bitches.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By gosukiller
    @ricetopher: Right now I'm running with Sent / Ammy / Dante. I got the basic ammy and sent combos down, but I have yet to hit mission mode with Dante. Might switch him out for someone a bit more special, like Felicia or Tron.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @GlenTennis: Doom with missiles could be a neat addition to that team.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Pessh

I had a good team, Viper, Dante and Ammy, most people crouch block cold star assist so I oh with Viper into free 500k. Ammy's awesome, can play keepaway, or rush down with instant ohs, viper assist unblockables and ambiguous crossups. Dante hells Ammy keepaway with Jam session and he can make comebacks with level xf.

Not feeling Viper any more though, quite like Wolverine and Morrigan. No idea who to use though, not much synergy apparent to me when you take away Viper. Any suggestions out of the characters I mentioned? or any others I could bring in to make a combination of the above work? thanks

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Well Cold Star assist is perfect for Wolverine's Beserker Slash mixup since it holds them in place long enough to recover into launcher. Also I'd have to test the timing but you might be able to score a second relaunch at the end of a combo if Cold Star comes out fast enough to combo out of Wolverine's DF+M OTG. It probably doesn't though. To be a sick fucker you could DHC Ammy's slow into Wolverine's speed up. Also would have to test it, but Wolverine's BnB ending in a sky-high Fatal Claw MIGHT be DHCable into Ammy's Okami Shuffle... maybe.

Morrigan's Astral Vision would work well under the confusion of Cold Star also but I don't think her mixup is as strong as Wolverine's once you get the timing down. Plus I think overall Wolverine is a better battery than Morrigan and he has stupid Lvl 3 X-Factor infinites if you really want to get fancy.

I've been messing around with Wolverine / Taskmaster / Hulk just because I can do BnB xx Fatal Claw DHC Vert. Legion Arrow DHC Gamma Crush for over a mil, easy peasy.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Pessh
    @StarvingGamer: Oh yeah didn't think about that, you can determine whether or not it crosses up right? its not just random? And yeah, just tested it, that dhc works. Trying to get something off of otg slide > jam session. Think Wolverine/Ammy/Dante could work? Seems like a good replacement for Viper, more health, less of a meter whore, might just go with a straight switch rather than changing everything. Asked about bnb on your profile. What about his assists? None of them seem particulary overwhelming

wtf, his assist crosses up?
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Yeah different strength Berserker Slash determines distance traveled so L crosses up point blank, M crosses up after a block string, and H crosses up from about mid-screen. Using Ammy's assist you can mix up with cross-up Berserker Slash, standard Berserker Slash, or instant OH with j.L.

Assist wise I don't think he'll be able to extend any of Dante's combos in a meaningful way if you Berserker Barrage and Ammy can't OTG on her own right? You're probably best off using Berserker Slash because it will cross up making it harder to get tagged by Hypers. I actually knocked my friend's Ryu out of a Shunkuu Hadoken that I would have eaten once because I had called out the assist in time. Honestly though Wolverine is best on point.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Pessh
    @StarvingGamer: No don't think she can. What do you do after oh? j.S. bnb?

That's where I was planning on using him, seems like an absolute monster, more sturdy Viper. Dante last for that level 3 bs. Does barrage stay out for a while? Might mess around with Ammy air dash, wolvie assist, ambiguous crossup. Only thing I'm a little worried about is mobility, no air dash, no double jump, no ex tk through projectiles =/
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Yeah, I'm not sure how Cold Star effects the other guy's trajectory but if you instant OH them and Ammy has them locked down you should be able to S on the way down into BnB, omit any j.L because damage scaling will be working against you at that point.

Barrage isn't out that long but you should be able to time it with for a nice ambiguous crossup. I think it's out about as long as Zero's Shipuuga if that means anything to you. Don't quote me because I only ever use Berserker Slash. And honestly, Wolverine is so fast that you don't even need that shit. Besides wavedashing across the screen in a split second, you can use Dive Kick and Drill Claw to alter your aerial trajectory after a SJ or Berserker Slash across the screen instantly as long as you have Cold Star cover or the meter to Hyper cancel it since it is definitely not safe on block. Just remember, if Drill Claw doesn't hit you're in recovery frames until you land so if you're using it for mobility, always go at a downward angle or straight down.

Oh also against big guys you can instant OH with j.S xx DF Drill Claw, Dive Kick etc without the help of an assist. Sentinel killar.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Pessh
    @StarvingGamer: Thanks dude, very helpful as always. Few more questions though XD Can I get anything off of slash (other than hyper) without an assist to keep them in place? And same question for instant oh, I can get an S after it but thats it, you don't land in time, and even though seems to only hit on standing.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: I figured Cold Star was out long enough for the S after instant OH to work, if not then I'd just immediately cancel j.L into a DF Drill Claw into Dive Kick, H, S etc. It won't be as pretty but should still do a decent chunk of damage.

Slash has shit recovery and is hell of unsafe which is why you need assist cover, -10, -12 or -13 depending on strength on block. Without assist best bet is to cancel into Berserker Charge and if it was a hit, you can dash up cr.M, H, S into BnB and if they blocked, you'll recover in time to continue pressure with a little extra juice.

EDIT: Oh wait, if you can get the j.S in time after an instant OH then you can cancel that into DF Drill Claw instead, get an extra beefy hit in there. Maybe? If not then just cancel the j.L into Drill Claw.

EDIT EDIT: Oh and actually Berserker Barrage assist is out almost twice as long as Shipuuga, hahaha it's buffer than I thought.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Pessh
    @StarvingGamer: It'll hit standing, and dc works after it, but I'm on about instant oh on Cap (or anyone not sent size) without Cold Star, anything I can do after? Isn't seeming like it...

And yeah tried it, seems pretty good with Ammy air dash, i'll try it in some matches and see how it goes.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Oh sorry misread, yeah instant OH on any normal sized crouching opponent without assist won't combo into anything, best best is cancel into Drill Claw into Dive Kick and either they'll panic and eat it into combo or they'll block it and you can just continue the pressure since Dive Kick is like +infinity on block
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Pessh
    @StarvingGamer: No worries, my fault for asking so many questions. That's a bummer, better than nothing I suppose. Thanks very much.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#179  Edited By dbz1995

Someone get Hsien Ko, Spencer, and MODOK into a team. If it ain't Justin Wong, it has to be you guys! If not, I'm going to cry my MvC3-less ass to sleep.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Yeah NP, his strength is his mixups are so fast that they become guesses, his weakness is that most of them require an assist to properly capitalize on.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @dbz1995: Wait all in one team? Cuz I already use Spencer with my Dormammu/Trish and Hsien-Ko with Wolverine/Hulk. Fuck MODOK though that guy is too weird.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#182  Edited By AndrewJD

OK, I've played some more online games and had decent success with Zero and Wolverine as my first 2, but I'm not sure what type of character to choose as my last. I've been using Ryu and Akuma because they gots them the fireballzzz ;) 

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#183  Edited By killroycantkill

So I think, I THINK I've decided on a third with Wesker, but I have trouble getting in on people even with the teleport. Can people give me some tips or am I just using teleport wrong.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Pessh
    @Killroycantkill: Pin them with coldstar, then mixup with teleports in front, behind, and high or low attacks.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @mubress: Taskmasterrr, he has sick normals, sick bnbs, a beefy health meter and a high damage projectile that beats out something like 70% of the projectiles out there. Plus he can DHC out of anything. Or (and I hate to sound like a broken record) Hulk, his projectile eats every other projectile for breakfast and with strong batteries like Zero and Wolverine, it's easy to juice the shit out of him with Hyper Gauge. Also he has some of the best DHC options in the game. Yo dawg Gamma Crush is the most abusively broken hyper in the game. Hits fullscreen and is 100% invulnerable on the way up and the way down.

These recommendations are based on the fact that both Zero and Wolverine's BnBs end with a close-range Hyper with some height to it.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#186  Edited By AndrewJD
    @StarvingGamer: I haven't tried Taskmaster outside of mission mode, I'll give hin a shot. I'll try Hulk too but I find his speed and size a real problem. 

Thanks for the suggestions!
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Killroycantkill: Naked teleports aren't nearly as useful as teleports off of gunshots since you get hit/blockstun to make it safer.

Normally you end up with 20/24/19 frames of recovery when you do a naked L/M/H teleport but if you cancel it it look more like this:

F+H - On hit +5/+1/+6; On block +3/-1/+4

Also since the gun is a command normal you can call an assist during it
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @mubress: NP, when using him remember that jumping Web Master (F+H) is going to be his best mobility option since he's kinda clunky. Also his L attacks and j.M are shit. On the ground I've found M to be most useful to get things started. Against rushdown just stand outside of their melee range and hit them with M any time they try to get close. Against keepaway just keep pressing M until they do something dumb like press a button o_O. j.H is an amazing air to air, it reaches half of a zoomed-in screen. j.S has a huge downward arc making it the ideal jump-in against grounded opponents. Multidirectional arrows hit like a brick. At max melee range you can do M, H, Charging Star (B+H) and cancel into either launcher or L arrows depending on whether it hits or misses.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#189  Edited By ImperiousRix

In my never-ending quest to find a team that works for me, I've stumbled upon yet another candidate.  This one's been the most promising because frankly, it's the only team I've been able to put to get that DHC's really well.  I'm actually feeling the synergy on this one, and not just throwing together fighters I'm decent with.

Hsien Ko (Senpu Bu):  Hsien Ko is actually fairly decent on point, as long as she doesn't get zoned out.  If she DOES, however, I DHC from her armor hyper combo.  Then, not only does she become and UNSTOPPABLE assist, but she's ready in the wings when I need her. 

Super-Skrull (Orbital Grudge):  The dude's a beast.  He can do tons of damage with only one bar, has great mobility, and a good battery of normals and specials. 

Morrigan (Dark Harmonizer):  Her assist is great simply because it builds meter, but she's also a great overall character to have.  She can zone, she can rush-down, and she has great mobility with here air-dashes and command flying.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By Ulong

So my team was Arthur, Hulk, Sentinel. Arthur on dagger assists, hulk on anti air, and SENTINAL FORCE!

Sentinal force was a great assist, but also one of the most easily punished assists in the entire game, especially since I was using sentinal to aid arthurs keepaway game quite often, anyone with a full screen super could just pop sentinal if they had meter.
    Now with the health nerfs to sentinal, it seems like sentinal force will not be a good assist for aiding arthur's keepaway game, cause sentinal can get killed in one good dhc combo if he get's caught by a super punish once ever.

What do you guys think is the best assist for aiding in arthur's keepaway game, well still being helpfull to hulk's game too?

If  they character also happened to have a good otg for the end of team air combos that'd be all the better, but I could just rearrange the team order and have hulk finish those if need be.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By benpack

Holy shit does C. Viper have some crazy goddamn combos. I got OCV'd by a 2nd lord using her today. Granted I've fought maybe 2 C. Vipers ever, but damn.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By benpack

I need a new third character. Haggar/Hulk/????

Obviously it needs to be someone who can deal with keep away. It used to be Sent but ahaha fuck that now.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @GlenTennis: Are you looking to get in? Or also play keepaway? Deadpool is a pretty great third for Hulk/Haggar. His guns let you play a pretty good keepaway when necessary. He can DHC really well. His low hitting assist (Quick Work? Cutting Time?) has a ton of forward movement making it extremely easy to set up unblockables with Hulk's j.S or Haggar's j.D+H. 

Honestly any strong projectile assist + Hulk's Gamma... Wave? Fuck I forgot all the names lol. Basically Hulk's projectile has more durability than practically every other projectile in the game. Combine that with another projectile assist and many attempts at keepaway will end up having to come to you. Or at the very least you can interrupt their projectile spam long enough to call in your own assist to cover Hulk while you super-jump in. 

Magento's EM Disruptor assist comes out ridiculously fast. Doom's Plasma Beam has great durability. Taskmaster's Aim Master hits really hard. I'd start there and see if any of them are to your liking. Maybe Shuma if you got him.
    BlueBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By BlueBlazer
    @GlenTennis: Stick with Sent. He has the best assist for Hulk and Haggar plus he's still a great anchor. If you absolutely need a new character, I'd say for with Doom and use either missiles or rocks. 
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By gosukiller
    @GlenTennis: Sent is still great. Sure the HP nerf sucks but he still has his sick damage and hyper armor.  

I'm still using him in my Ammy + Sent + Phoenix/Tron team.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Pessh
    @gosukiller said:
    " @GlenTennis: Sent is still great. Sure the HP nerf sucks but he still has his sick damage and hyper armor.   I'm still using him in my Ammy + Sent + Phoenix/Tron team. "
    lol thats worse than troll hawk
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3
    deactivated-5e4c09d3ba1b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

@GlenTennis: I use Hulk and Dorm and like how they work together. Dark Hole, used in the right places, can help out Hulk, and Hulk's AA gets people off Dom. Of course, I can't figure out the third character for the team. Trying out Taskmaster right now, and doing alright, but I wish I was good with Wesker :(. I can never do his OTG combos.  

Edit: I also really like Morrigan, but have trouble using her as anything but an anchor. Can't do jack with her unless she has AT LEAST three bars.
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Ulong
    @Ulong said:

" So my team was Arthur, Hulk, Sentinel. Arthur on dagger assists, hulk on anti air, and SENTINAL FORCE!  Sentinal force was a great assist, but also one of the most easily punished assists in the entire game, especially since I was using sentinal to aid arthurs keepaway game quite often, anyone with a full screen super could just pop sentinal if they had meter. Now with the health nerfs to sentinal, it seems like sentinal force will not be a good assist for aiding arthur's keepaway game, cause sentinal can get killed in one good dhc combo if he get's caught by a super punish once ever. What do you guys think is the best assist for aiding in arthur's keepaway game, well still being helpfull to hulk's game too?  If  they character also happened to have a good otg for the end of team air combos that'd be all the better, but I could just rearrange the team order and have hulk finish those if need be. "

Quoting my own post. No one ever answered it but I figured I'd tell people what I wound up with incase anyone else was having a simaler team comp dilema.
     There really is no one else in the cast who could do what sentinal force could do for screen coverage. No one else seems to have a ranged assist that goes nice an slow like that, and goes at an angle like that. As far as aiding a keepaway game though, I did find a new way to go about things.
    Just stick to my arthur zoning, and when they inevitably super jump to get over my shots, I call in trish's Peekaboo assist, and try and position myself so they'll land on it when they go for me. There's a good chance they won't really even notice trish came out and placed it. When they get grabbed by it, I can quickly combo them with arthur and continue from there. I'm also discovering some pretty cool tricky stuff I can do with Hulk and Trish's peekaboo assist, And Trish can make some really good use of arthur's dagger assist when she's flying over the enemy.
    Trish has pretty good synergy with my team and has been really working out, fairly happy.

I'll miss my big giant robot., but he's just not viable for supporting arthur keepaway anymore with how fragile and punishable he is.
    I think sentinal still has a place supporting Woverine or X-23's rushdown with SENTINAL FORCE though. 
    BlueBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By BlueBlazer

I think that if you really need to get rid of Sent (I think if you cover him and don't abuse the assist too much that he's still a great assist), that you should pick Doom missiles. They are REALLY good for keepaway. Just toss them out there when you're full screen and then when your opponent tries to move in, they just get caught by missiles and then Arthur's projectiles can push your opponent back some more. If you wanted to cover the ground slowly, Doom rocks would be good. Missiles and rocks are both good for Hulk, too. Storm's projectile is really good too. Just experiment around and see who you like most. :)

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Ulong
    @BlueBlazer: 

I actually hadn't given doom or storm much of a try yet, i'll go experiment around with them the next time I play, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.