Official Xbox 360 community thread

• 154 results
#1 Edited by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

This thread is for GiantBomb members to find others in the community that share their skill level or time schedule. and all community-related 360 MVC3 buisness. Check out this thread created by gosukiller if you're on the Playstation 3. I will friend request the bulk of you and rotate it depending on the popularity of the game and this thread. I will be hosting MVC3 community game nights every Sunday & Wednesday night at 8:30pm EST.

Don't worry, if you aren't up to the community game night, feel free to create your own get-together in this thread or simply find some friends.  

If you want another way to connect with other players, I created a gamertag that's dedicated to hosting a friend's list comprised of GiantBomb members who want to get their MVC3 on. If you're interested, friend request GB MVC3. Adding that gamertag will make it easier for me to host tournaments and game nights. My personal gamertag is EpicBomb.  

Everyone Read This.  

#2 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -

Spot on, mate. Hopefully MVC3 gets a good showing on both consoles.  

1 week till release. Hype in overdrive mode.

#3 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Gamertag: NTACloudenvy  

I live in Europe, GMT+1.

#4 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

I was gonna make this later but I see you got to it. Good shit.

GB: ricetopher

GT: ricetopher

US East Coast (don't know what EST translates to in GMT)

#5 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@ricetopher: I think you are GMT-5 or GMT-6.  

Also, I approve of this thread =). Community threads are a way better idea than the matchmaking-ones. 
#6 Posted by fenix1989uk (33 posts) -

Gamertag: fenix1989uk 

I'm in the UK, GMT +0

#7 Posted by yates (384 posts) -

yatesisamazing - UK (Europe GMT) 

HYPE.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Cool. I think it'd be better if we had one just for Giant Bomb for MvC3, like "GB MVC3" or something like we had for SSFIV, but I guess because of XBL you wouldn't get to play, EpicSteve. 

GT: FluxWaveZ 
Region: Canada, Quebec (GMT -5)

#9 Edited by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I can't speak for him, but the reasoning behind these split threads when it happened on the SSF4 boards is to prevent having a gigantic table of names to sort through where most people on the table aren't even playing after the first few weeks. This happened with the SSF4 matchmaking thread, people posted their info and never posted on the thread again. The idea now is that you give your info, but also use this thread to set up some matches as well, without the thread getting cluttered by having both platforms represented.

In his OP EpicSteve talks about playing every Wednesday, but I'll be playing more than that and intend on using this thread to setup matches.

#10 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

The Phantomnaut
West coast (-8)

#11 Posted by mikeclark1982 (9 posts) -

mrz3r01982pt2 united states southeast region(aka south!) tennessee!

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@ricetopher: I should have been clearer. I actually mean the gamertag and not the thread itself. We have an official SSFIV XBL gamertag, but here EpicSteve will be using his own.
#13 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

HotCheeseBandit
West Coast

#14 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: But then you've got a huge list of GTs with people who dont even have the game. These threads were way more productive on the SSF4 boards than it's matchmaking thread was.
#15 Edited by gosukiller (2325 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: The seperate community threads get way more done in terms of "Matchmaking" than the big list thread.

Imagine yourself in this position: It's 3 months later.  You just got into MvC3. You want to add yourself some Giantbombers, but most people have already moved over to the next big thing.  

You see a giant list in front of you with more than 90 PS3 people. You have no idea who is still active. Will you use the names in this thread? 

Or will you go into the community thread where there are only 12 names, who regularly post on the topic in the forum?  The giant PS3 list in the Matchmaking thread has just become redundant. 

And besides, with 1 thread you have 1 person to update everything. If he fails to do so, then what? With two seperate threads you split that risk. 
#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@ricetopher: @gosukiller: Alright, whatever works the best. 
#17 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@ricetopher: @gosukiller: He means create a gamertag called GB MvC3, everyone adds that one tag and you have 100 people to play with.

@FluxWaveZ: Right?
#18 Posted by DocHaus (1374 posts) -

I missed the boat on purchasing one of the Collector's Edition, so I'm going to go to a brick and mortar store (le gasp!) and buy an unsold copy when it comes out with a gift card. Hopefully.

#19 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -
@Pessh: I guess that could work, never thought of that. Someone would need to upkeep that though.
#20 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@Pessh said:
" @ricetopher: @gosukiller: He means create a gamertag called GB MvC3, everyone adds that one tag and you have 100 people to play with.

@FluxWaveZ: Right? "
How does that work? PSN doesn't have that feature, does it?
#21 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Naw but this is the 360 thread...

#22 Posted by TheMathlete (326 posts) -

Great idea! 
Gamertag: WheredyagoDavey 
Region: Canadian West Coast (GMT -8:00) 
I think you might already have me EpicSteve.
#23 Posted by Sacerdos87 (157 posts) -

Gamertag: Mohawkny115
Region: US East (GMT-5:00)

#24 Edited by Schizoid (1064 posts) -

Gamertag: AtomHeartMikey 
Region: UK 

Yo I'm ready to bust some fools up... On Friday :'(

#25 Posted by RampageAssassin (427 posts) -

Rampaged Death 
UK

#26 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Pessh: @ricetopher: Yeah, that's what I meant. Was kind of confused, there. Yeah, I mean one universal Xbox 360 gamertag called something like "GB MvC3" where members of the Giant Bomb Marvel vs Capcom 3 community would have their gamer tags added to that single gamertag so we could constantly have someone to play without needing to check this thread. But the problem is that everyone who's added to that gamer tag won't always be playing MvC3 so it might not be that efficient.
#27 Posted by SoulTaker (132 posts) -

GT:  SoulTakerx5 

#28 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Alright, just pre-ordered. 

Sadly we Europeans don't get it until friday next week.

#29 Posted by biggkeem89 (14 posts) -

welfarexxmonkey 
US South (Mississippi)

#30 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Flaccid Toaster- East Coast

#31 Posted by nazer858 (131 posts) -

Sounds good count me in.
GT: nazer858
Timezone: USA PST

#32 Posted by Zaft (122 posts) -

Zaftx91
United States

Never played a MvC game, but I'm good at general fighters :) Looking forward to this.

#33 Posted by mikeclark1982 (9 posts) -
@DocHaus: try wal mart or target
#34 Posted by mikeclark1982 (9 posts) -

mrz3r01982pt2 
southeast

#35 Posted by Lilarcor (213 posts) -

GT is Lilarcor, time zone is Pacific (GMT -8)

#36 Posted by Anupsis (312 posts) -

GT: Anupsis
Region: Canada, Ontario (GMT-5)

#37 Posted by HadesTimes (827 posts) -

GT: Hadestimer 
   Region: US Midwest

#38 Posted by MrGetBonus (784 posts) -

DoubleONegro
East Coast

#39 Posted by MVP1101 (209 posts) -

MVP1101 
US Southwest

#40 Edited by derO23 (44 posts) -

GT: derO23
Germany (GMT+1)

Since 8:30 EST translates to 3:30am local, which is not really compatible with my work schedule, how about another timeslot for the Euro GB crowd? 

#41 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -
@derO23 said:
" GT: derO23 Germany (GMT+1)  Since 8:30 EST translates to 3:30am local, which is not really compatible with my work schedule, how about another timeslot for the Euro GB crowd?  "

...I did not think  this through before I signed up. 

3:30AM...That's pretty rough.
#42 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

Sweet can't wait for this ! 

Gamertag: Mr Poopigiggles 
Time zone: GMT +1 (France)

#43 Posted by Rek503 (125 posts) -

GT: ReK 503
US West Coast PST (GMT -8)

#44 Posted by Blur_Fan (142 posts) -

GT: R0WSDOWER (second letter is zero) 

West Coast, Pacific Time 

I play with a few friends regularly, so we're always down for hosting lobbies, maybe tourneys 

#45 Posted by DonChipotle (2842 posts) -

This sounds like fun.

Gamertag: HopeOnFire04

Region: U.S. CST

#46 Posted by bretthancock (778 posts) -

Great idea. I should be on mostly at nights and weekends.

Gamertag: MrBrett

Region: U.S.  Pacific

#47 Posted by BBQBram (2291 posts) -

Gamertag: BBQ Bram

Europe, GMT+1

#48 Posted by lordofultima (6281 posts) -

LordofUltima 
US Eastern Standard Time (-5:00 GMT)

#49 Posted by Zidane_24 (740 posts) -

Gamertag: Dark DJ 
Region: East Coast 

I'm excited about the game, but I was never any kind of amazing player in MvC2. Hoping to improve this time around. 

#50 Posted by DeadPan (346 posts) -

Gamertag: SystemCasher666

Region: UK GMT +0

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.