Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

People who have the Tekken 6 stick, think it would be good for

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Gonmog

this game? I thought hey, 60 bucks for a stick beats the 120 or what ever for the sf4 stick (ignoring tekken 6...) but anyways. Worth it?

Zaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zaft

Generally, every stick is the exact same, except with different artwork. Plus, most sticks can have their parts replaced if you prefer different things, like the 8 way stick vs the 4 way stick.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

I used the Tekken stick for a good while and feel that it worked very well. The only minor gripes are that its wireless so it uses batteries and the 360 version of the stick has a retarded default button layout. The layout isn't a huge deal because you will probably change the buttons in the game itself, but it just doesn't seem to make sense, especially since the PS3 stick has a normal layout.

Zaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Zaft

Oh, wait, it's wireless?

Do not get. Bad. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Bad.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By lordofultima

Tekken stick is wireless so there's latency. The parts are also shoddy and hard to replace with better hardware. TE is the way to go.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gonmog

Yeah forgot to say i am on the 360. So playing with a norm controller till i can find a TE stick is the way to go? 
    Course...60 bucks is not to bad so i can at lest play on a stick...even if a bit shoddy :/ lol ill decide in the next hour or so and run to best buy to get it if i want it. Thanks for your thoughts, if anyone else has one let me know!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Be a man and play with a regular controller! That's how "pros" like me play!

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gonmog

LOL let me be clear...i am not  pro. at all!!! But i enjoy playing fighting games on sticks more then on controllers. Also keep in mind...that mvc2 was the last fighting game i really played so.... LoL i dont think the latcy on the controller will bug me much

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64
    @lordofultima said:
    " Tekken stick is wireless so there's latency. The parts are also shoddy and hard to replace with better hardware. TE is the way to go. "
    What he said.
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SuperWristBands
    @Gonmog said:
    " LOL let me be clear...i am not  pro. at all!!! But i enjoy playing fighting games on sticks more then on controllers. Also keep in mind...that mvc2 was the last fighting game i really played so.... LoL i dont think the latcy on the controller will bug me much "
    I say go with the Tekken stick. If you don't find the game all that amazing after the fact you will be out less money. If you find you really like MvC3, maybe after a while you could upgrade if you feel you still need to.
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Dude I want a Tekken 6 stick.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gonmog

I went and bought it, some of the reviews on amazon say just what people here are saying, that its a stick that may not last to long, but it works well enough for a cheap stick that is better then a controller, and will work good for a casual player...ie me!! So i will try it in a few hours after i get mvc3 and let everyone know how it works out for me! 

PS, i sorta opened the box and took out the stick, and tossed the game and book in the corner...i feel sorta bad lol. i may give it a play in a week or so lol.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

It's varied as it is but a modded version is really good. I tried one of my friend's modded T6 stick and loved it. Honestly, I prefer having that over a TE.

Jost1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By Jost1

What about a Dualshock 3? How's that to play this on?

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gonmog
    @ThePhantomnaut said:
    " It's varied as it is but a modded version is really good. I tried one of my friend's modded T6 stick and loved it. Honestly, I prefer having that over a TE. "
    Modded how? Is it something i should look into doing? Or is it only worth it for hardcore(er) players?
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @Gonmog said:
    " @ThePhantomnaut said:
    " It's varied as it is but a modded version is really good. I tried one of my friend's modded T6 stick and loved it. Honestly, I prefer having that over a TE. "
    Modded how? Is it something i should look into doing? Or is it only worth it for hardcore(er) players? "
    Replacing existing parts with official Japanese buttons and a stick (Sanwa or Seimitsu). You will have to do soldering and some dremelling. If you enjoy playing on the stick and have some spare money, getting new parts are absolutely welcome. If you wanna look at more on T6 stick modding, check the Shoryuken thread.
    Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gonmog

Well, I have to say if nothing else the stick is much better then a controller lol. And the game kicks ass!

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By hyperfludd
    @josty81 said:
    " What about a Dualshock 3? How's that to play this on? "
    Plays just fine on a DS3. Been playing for 7 hours straight with one, winning and losing left and right. 

As for the tekken stick, I got the Tekken 6 bundle for 20 bucks when it was sale on amazon, and for that price, it's very usable.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Gonmog:  bought the same as you, apart from the terrible art that burns my eyeballs, it's fine and @lordofultima:  have'nt felt any real latency with them but I also don't play on a professional level
    DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By DarkShaper

If you aren't going to play seriously the tekken 6 stick is fine but the Mad Catz TE and even the SE are better.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By animateria

I got the Hori Fight Stick for 29.99 back in the day (PS3 only though). 

Keep in mind it's an entry level stick. It was okay at the time but I had to upgrade at some point.

When I got my HRAP3 though... Man, that whole thing felt really nice. 

Like, really, really, really nice.   

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gonmog

I think it suits me fine price ways. And I'm pulling off up to mission 8 on most char so not to bad

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

i would recommend the hori ex2, it's very good for its price, i think it's like 50 dollars and better than the tekken 6 stick which i've also used, unless you want a wireless stick

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.