Possible Leaked Characters (Strider and Frank West)

#1 Posted by Heartagram (1183 posts) -
#2 Posted by Management (593 posts) -

if this is legit, Capcom got my money. Both Strider and Frank West sounds like great additions to the game even though they should have been in from the start. 

I just hope they earn money by doing this so they can keep supporting the game.

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I thought Capcom explicitly stated that Frank West was not coming to Marvel Vs. Capcom 3?

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Probably true and probably happening.

#5 Posted by dudeglove (8299 posts) -

They pulled the same shit with SSFIV and Ibuki's kunai in a dodgy cameraphone shot last year-ish. It's all completely staged. I welcome Phoenix Wright, regardless.

#6 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Yeah apparently Frank West was messing up the game's performance somehow? Guess they got him to work. 

The lack of Strider was pretty much the only thing holding me from buying it. That and money I guess.  Now if I could just get Hiyato in there...  

#7 Posted by Nephrahim (1157 posts) -
@Napalm said:
" I thought Capcom explicitly stated that Frank West was not coming to Marvel Vs. Capcom 3? "
I don't think so.  They said they were working on him but it didn't work out.
#8 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

I bet it's fake.
#9 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2221 posts) -

Looks like the fixed Frank's face going by his portrait. Nico Bellic Frank was awful in TVC.

#10 Edited by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Nice. Now where's Mega Man?!

Also, who are they going to get to balance them on the Marvel side of things, I wonder?

#11 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2058 posts) -

I want Pheonix Wright.

#12 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@ssj4raditz said:
" Nice. Now where's Mega Man?!  Also, who are they going to get to balance them on the Marvel side of things, I wonder? "
There is never going to be a megaman.

I bet this is fake because I have a feeling they are always going to do one Marvel and one Capcom.
#13 Posted by AckbarTheGreat (419 posts) -
@GlenTennis: What if they do a Marvel character pack and a Capcom character pack?
#14 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:
" @ssj4raditz said:
" Nice. Now where's Mega Man?!  Also, who are they going to get to balance them on the Marvel side of things, I wonder? "
There is never going to be a megaman.  I bet this is fake because I have a feeling they are always going to do one Marvel and one Capcom. "
I know that it's fanciful wishing on my part, but a man can dream, can't he? Oh well, Zero is close enough anyway, I suppose he'll continue to do.
#15 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4825 posts) -
@ImmortalSaiyan said:

" I bet it's fake. "

I'm with you on this one.
#16 Posted by animateria (3265 posts) -
@PrimeSynergy said:
" @ImmortalSaiyan said:
" I bet it's fake. "
I'm with you on this one. Even if it is true, I don't think they would announce 2 Capcom characters without 2 Marvel characters. The roster would be unbalanced. "
That doesn't mean they can't leak it.
#17 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -
@PrimeSynergy:  but who knows how far along these characters are. Strider may be barely functional and West done, so then west would be pared with a new marvel character. 
#18 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

Looks hella fake, if you ask me.

#19 Posted by FUN (177 posts) -

Altho the HUD life bar portraits look completely new, that image of Strider Hiryu on the field is just his Namco X Capcom artwork

They just rotated the knee to face left in Photoshop

Still, brand new 3D models for Frank and Hiryu's faces makes me wonder.  If this is true, I'd love to see what two Marvel characters come in.  Probably Doc Ock and Elektra if the rumours are anything to go by, and frankly, all four of them would kick ass.
#20 Posted by Killroycantkill (1424 posts) -

Wow, the two characters I REALLY didn't want...

#21 Posted by rmanthorp (4057 posts) -

I really want them! 

but it looks fake :C

#22 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Bad shop.

#23 Posted by D_W (1197 posts) -

Pretty obviously fake.

#24 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -
@FUN: This can't be true, look at Frank West's head it looks sloppy as fuck
#25 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" Bad shop. "
Indeed.
#26 Posted by darkvare (780 posts) -

its fake besides capcom has some copyright issues with strider

#27 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

Fake, but it wouldn't surprise me if hes going to be a DLC character. 
#28 Edited by Agent47 (1892 posts) -
@Killroycantkill: You dissing Frank, homeboy?You best be playin son...
#29 Edited by Sauson (561 posts) -

This is why I gave up on MvC3 and it's community. People just want MvC2 and what I hear from CAPCOM Unity that Mega Man and Venom might be DLC as well.

#30 Posted by Phoenixfire103090 (19 posts) -
Let us also not forget that after the game released, it was found that unfinished data for both Frank West and Doc Ock was found on the disk. It is quite possible that these two, along with Strider and an additional Marvel character (Let's go Gambit!), could be the next batch of DLC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.