Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Should they really be in the game?

• 57 results
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#51  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @MaGnUmKiLLa: So based on your assertions, character quality defines the "seriousness" of a fighting game.  Man, you must be really sad then since there hasn't been a serious fighting game ever made ever.  Or maybe you think that a fire breathing Indian (oh curry so spicy!) with stretchy arms is serious.  How serious is a legion of color swapped ninjas turning each other into babies?  I know I find a cross-dressing boy with yo-yos immensely serious.  Or a loli-goth vampire with a trasmogrifying cat and electric bat umbrellas.  But hey, I guess we'll just keep playing our silly SSFIV and ridiculous BlazBlue with their colorful casts of characters while you play all of the serious fighters by yourself.  I dunno, maybe you can play some MMA games?  Because men having tickle fights on the ground is DEADLY SERIOUS.
    Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#52  Edited By Zippedbinders

You know what? We're living in a day and age where Marvel vs Capcom 3 is an honest to goodness thing

I see no reason to nitpick over character choices as long as its fun, complaining only ruins the surprise when they do announce new characters. Tourneynerds be damned.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Not really been following the game, but I have to say I love the inclusion of Aurthur and the Bionic Commando guy (even if they went for the redesign).  It's nice to see some classic characters getting representation.  My least favourite part of that recent Sonic kart racing game was the choice of characters.. mostly all Sonic and almost entirely modern characters.  There was one or two classic guys in there but they missed out on some really obvious ones to appeal more to the 12 year old Sonic fans.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @RichardLOlson said:
    " I would love to see Stan Lee in the game honestly. "
    yes yes YES!
    Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Dauragon

I can't believe anybody could ever take MvC seriously. I mean like.... have you ever played a versus game before? They are all pretty 'tarded. Thats the main reason why they are great. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Dauragon said:
    " I can't believe anybody could ever take MvC seriously. I mean like.... have you ever played a versus game before? They are all pretty 'tarded. Thats the main reason why they are great.  "
    Which is weird because they always have the most competitive scenes
    Colt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#57  Edited By Colt
    @MaGnUmKiLLa said:
    " @BionicMonster said:

" I don't trust anyone with a Sonic avatar, sorry. "

Is that MechaGodzilla? I don't trust anyone that takes MechaGodzilla and puts their name over him in front of some stupid rainbow thing that looks like it came out of an 80's music video.  I was going to write some big joke about "Let's make everything ridiculous and silly" but, I know everything I listed as examples, you'd be like "that sounds awesome" I don't know what to say. I like having kind of serious video games and especially serious fighting games. I don't know what this wave of "I can't haz the seriousbizzniss" I'm just going to go ahead and assume it's because you're all hipster tards or some shit. "
    Still no fun allowed??? 

i guess fun is exclusively for hipster tards. 

seriously how are you still at this? nothing you say is remotely logical. video games are for having good ol' hipster tard fun, not getting pissed and hating 'n00bz.'***

if everyone disagrees with you, you are wrong. this is a fan service game and the response has been very positive, and not too many complaints of characters not being famous enough or whatever seems to bother you. and how does having a wider variety equal more problems for gamers? i'm willing to bet the more characters they include, the more interest fans will have. capcom knows what theyre doing better than you think you do. its like youre missing the entire point. if its such a problem, why not play a game that interests you instead of trolling boards on giantbomb. its that simple.

btw: i'm only writing this because you told me to contribute. i could really care less what you think about any of this. 

***before you call me out on how you never said you hate noobs, i know you didnt.. but it just seems like youre the king of guy who does.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By Driadon

I ask you this, why the hell does it matter? Go back and play MvsC2 and you'll find that half the fun of that game is hour absolutely fucking ridiculous it is. The game is not balanced in the least and has character you could argue "shouldn't be in a fighting game" but, in the end, some of the most fun I've had is playing these crazy characters against another group of equally crazy characters and played the chaos that unfurled. Look, I love fighting games and the who e-sport of it all, but these "Vs." games shouldn't be limited unless Capcom themselves say "We have no idea how we'd do that."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.