Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Similarities to Tatsunoko vs. Capcom?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I haven't played either game but I'm interested in getting one. I own a Wii as well and am interested in Tatsunoko, but I know of Marvel's flaws just from frequenting the forums and reading up about it. However I've never really heard of much of the same frustrations with Tatsunoko. For those who have played both would you say there is a superior game of the two or are they too dissimilar to compare?

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By TechHits

They are similar, the reason that you didn't hear much about TvC is it never took off the same way MvC did. If your going to get only one, I would say get Marvel for sure. It has a better online infrastructure, larger community both online and in the tournament scene, and a larger cast of characters . I have played both, and I dont know about every one else, but i think MvC3 is a better game. 

Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Nephrahim

There are a few features TvC have that MvC 3 doesn't, like the support for Giant characters (Not Sentinel, more like playing Galactus.)  And, of course, they if you really like Tatsunoko anime, that's a plus.

I'd rate MvC3 over it though.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Legend

I played both. I like MvC3 better.

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

I liked Tatsunoko better and I had no idea who any of those characters were.  But as the above posters said Mvc3 will have more support and better online.  Tatsunoko's online is pretty bad, its only worth it if your playing with a friend or single player.

So personally Tatsunoko is better, but you should probably just go with Mvc3.  They did a good job of making any level of play able to compete.  Easy combos for great damage and some easy to learn characters like Captain America, Ryu, and Iron Man.  Tatsunoko takes a little more effort imo.

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Vade

Tatsunoko is better but on a wrong platform. Mega crash and especially baroque are really cool.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TechHits
    @Vade:  I don't think the platform should be held  against a game. If the game is good, the platform shouldn't matter.
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mnzy
    @TechHits: But it is a multiplayer game. And it is nearly dead because of the platform it's on. How does that not matter?
    Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thehuntsmen5434
    @Vade:  Agreed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.