Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

So everyone says MvC3= Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Gambit

I have never played  Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and most people have said MvC3 looks like it will play close to the same as it. Seems alot of the old MvC2 players are pretty steamed about it. But it seems like a good move by capcom from a sales stand point as it will make it easier for new players to get into considering how complex MvC2 was and how hard it was for new players to learn.  I was never great at MvC2 and never played TvC so I'm gonna wait and till I play it before I criticize.

What do you guys think do you like to move to TvC's gameplay or do you wish it had MvC's?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

i wonder how many people bitching about it being similar to TvC actually PLAYED TvC

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

I don't care how it plays. I'm hardly a natural at fighting games in general so it's all just down to the roster to pull me in...and it's doing a damn good job so far =P

Onigenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Onigenko

The only bad thing in TvC was that goddamn Megacrash, which isn't in MvC3, thank god. Otherwise I liked TvC, it was more balanced than MvC2.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MysteriousBob

I've never played TvC, so MVC3 will still be new to me. I'm happy. The elitists need to STFU.

chinkpak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chinkpak

Lets be honest the vs series suck in general.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By MysteriousBob
    @chinkpak said:
    " Lets be honest the vs series suck in general. "
    Yeah, because everyone hates MvC2, right?

Piss off.
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By jNerd

So if everyone jumped off a bridge, you would too?

ElegantRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ElegantRuby
    @MysteriousBob said:

" @chinkpak said:

" Lets be honest the vs series suck in general. "
    Yeah, because everyone hates MvC2, right? Piss off. "
    Indeed.  Obvious Troll is obvious... 

On topic: I enjoyed TvC.  I still play it on and off to this day.  The only thing that could be a turn off for most is that it is not as complex as anything else out there.  There are not punch or kick buttons.  Just three attack buttons and a partner button.  Hopefully MvC3 will have some more depth then that.
    Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Lazyaza

Never played mvc or tvc, if tvc is more noob friendly then I'm sold already.  I suck really bad at fighting games, hasn't been a single one I've been able to "get good at" yet, not even any of the Soul Calibur's.

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By neozeke

I didn't mind TvC, but it felt dirty using the same button to do a Hudoken and a Spin kick. 

Loghorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Loghorn

In an effort of trying to debunk this nonsense about this game being the exact same from TvC, first of all, MvC 3 was worked on in 2008, even before TvC came along (
    started during TvC's last leg of development). 

Second, TvC was ran off of the Wii-based Arcade board (the hardware had the same specs as the Wii), while MvC 3 uses a MT Framework engine. 

Third, it's not exactly a copy/paste from TvC, as a straight copy-and-paste would require too much work, ironically, because of the engines, so you won't be seeing Capcom characters being copied & pasted from TvC onto MvC 3. TvC had very flat textures and comparatively low-poly models, which was balanced out by way of a really nifty cel-shading technique. A perfect example of using art style to bolster weaker art resources.

But the Ryu model at the very end of the is far more detailed, and the textures have a lot more detail to them as well even before the shaders are applied. And the animations... so many more little details.  Lastly, this game is a lot more like MvC 2 rather than TvC.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

I have MvC 2 and I suck at it... but my lack of skill won't stop me from buying this.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mourne

The game is built on the TvC technology, and those that have played it have commented on the two both playing very simply.

Loghorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Loghorn
    @Mourne said:

" The game is built on the TvC technology, and those that have played it have commented on the two both playing very simply. "

No, it isn't.
    Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mourne
    @Loghorn said:
    " @Mourne said:

" The game is built on the TvC technology, and those that have played it have commented on the two both playing very simply. "

No, it isn't. "
    Try to convince yourself all you'd like, but this game is based on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and then molded into a 3v3 fighter with Marvel replacing Tatsunoko. If you can't tell by observing, you're just fooling yourself. Capcom (and s-kill) know that TvC isn't a serious fighting game on par with MvC2 and want MvC3 to be distanced from it while aiming it at the old core fighting market. It has been upgraded, but it is still using the same basic technology after having been ported to MT.

I only hope that the game does become as far removed from the game it came from (yeah, TvC) by the time it is released. MvC2 was too fun of a game to be tarnished by being associated with the far, far inferior TvC. 

For both our sake, I really hope it ends up as "Marvel vs. Capcom 3" and not "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Less Tatsunoko, More Marvel".
    Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Swaboo
    @Loghorn: No one is saying tvc and mvc3 are using the same graphics engine. They are saying the gameplay in both is similar.
    s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By s10129107

I liked the old 6 button layout

Loghorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Loghorn
    @Mourne said:

" @Loghorn said:

" @Mourne said:

No, it isn't. "
    Try to convince yourself all you'd like, but this game is based on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and then molded into a 3v3 fighter with Marvel replacing Tatsunoko. If you can't tell by observing, you're just fooling yourself. Capcom (and s-kill) know that TvC isn't a serious fighting game on par with MvC2 and want MvC3 to be distanced from it while aiming it at the old core fighting market. It has been upgraded, but it is still using the same basic technology after having been ported to MT. 

I only hope that the game does become as far removed from the game it came from (yeah, TvC) by the time it is released. MvC2 was too fun of a game to be tarnished by being associated with the far, far inferior TvC.   

For both our sake, I really hope it ends up as "Marvel vs. Capcom 3" and not "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Less Tatsunoko, More Marvel". "
    I suggest that you read these links here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/24/in...yota-niitsuma/ 
    http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-mar...w-176984.phtml

Niitsuma Interviews there. He says he feels non E3 builds will be more MvC2-like over at EVO &/or at SDCC.
    Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mourne
    @Loghorn said:
    "I suggest that you read this link here:
    http://www.destructoid.com/e3-10-mar...w-176984.phtml Niitsuma Interview here. He says he feels non E3 builds will be more MvC2-like.  "
    Already read him expressing those sentiments, but how does that help your argument any? What that actually proves is that the game really is like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom right now as a result of that being the basis, and the more time spent developing it, the further away it will get from that.
    Loghorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Loghorn

@Mourne

Whatever you say there. I do hope that things change for the better, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.