So Sentinel...

• 58 results
#51 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

No Frank West!?Sad face......

#52 Posted by Lilarcor (213 posts) -
@Hansolol:  If he had 15+ years of fighting game history behind him like Sentinel does, then why not? The fact is, Sentinel is a hugely important character to VS series fans and was added to make them happy, not comic book fans. If Marvel didn't have a problem with it then I don't see what the issue is.
#53 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -
@Hansolol What you don't seem to understand is just how iconic Sentinel is to the MvC series. If you say Marvel vs. Capcom to any hardcore fan, the first things in their mind are Mag-fucking-neto and Mango Sentinel. Fuck the Knicks! Not including him in MvC3 would be akin to not including Scorpion in a Mortal Kombat game.
#54 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -

Just got back from the Republic of Black Sentinel
#55 Posted by FUN (178 posts) -
I don't think it's more or less one Sentinel as the rep, but repping the Sentinel for its place in the comic.  Look at Children of the Atom's playable villains.  Sentinel, Spiral, Omega Red, and Silver Samurai, no Brotherhood.  All of these were chosen because there was something that they did that no one else did, and really for some, no one else has done since.  Sentinel's are an iconic part of the X-Men lore, and one of them sure as hell is much more interesting and unique for Capcom to make a fighting game character from than a Hand ninja or a SHIELD soldier, both recognizable parts of the MU.  As for Marvel wanting wanting a nameless soldier, generic AIM and SHIELD agents are unlockable characters in their Super Hero Squad games, so apparently, they don't have problems with nameless soldiers.

But really, if Marvel let Capcom use MODOK and Shuma-Gorath again, Sent wasn't that much of a longshot like the people screaming about it really think.  Capcom really does have the justification for putting in popular characters for both casual and serious players, I think people were hanging on the "some characters have upcoming projects" comment from very early.  Even if there wasn't a Thor movie, Avengers movie, etc., I'm sure we would still see Thor and She-Hulk in the game, but Sentinel was literally the last of the god tiers I was expecting, but now that Sent's here might as well make the best of it.
#56 Posted by Hansolol (398 posts) -

I couldn't disagree more.

#57 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

I'm just going to put Sentinel in my team because he's OP.

#58 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I have him in my team because his drone assist is amazing

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.