Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

The Official MvC3 FAQ Thread

• 112 results
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pessh

Buttons and Terminology

Buttons
    A/ L
    Light Attack
    B/ M
    Medium Attack
    C/ H
    Heavy Attack
    E/ S
    Exchange
    A1
    Assist 1
    A2
    Assist 2

Terminology

SJ (C)
    Super Jump (Cancel)
    KFC
    X-Factor Cancel
    DHC
    Delayed Hyper Combo
    THC
    Team Hyper Combo
    XX
    Cancel Into
    OTG
    On The Ground

Movement

Dashing
    Common to most fighting games. Performed by pressing forward/backward twice on the stick, or A+B and a direction.

Dash Cancelling
    Dashes can be cancelled into other dashes (press A+B repeatedly) to cover ground quickly. This is called wavedashing. Dashes can also be cancelled by ducking (down on the stick.) This ends the dash early, and is good for making safe approaches/baiting the opponent.

Air Dashing
    Some characters have a two way (forward and back) or eight way air dash. 

Triangle Jumping
     Almost all normal attacks performed in the air act as overheads. By jumping, and then air dashing forward or down forward followed by a normal you get an almost instant overhead, which potentially leads into a high damage combo. 

Super Jumping
    A faster, higher version of the standard jump. Great tool escaping, and unlike air dashes everyone has one. Performed by pressing down to up. After launching an opponent hold up to super jump and continue the combo in the air.

Other 
    There are many character specific ways of making your way around the screen. Some characters like Iron Man and Storm can fly, others can teleport, while Spiderman can swing and zip around using his webs.

Advancing Guard
    / Push Blocking
    Pressing any two attack buttons at the exact moment you block an attack will push the opponent back. Good for relieving pressure, but if overused the opponent can adapt, predict and punish accordingly.

The Magic Series

A>B>C>E. That's the magic series, the basic combination all combos are based on, essentially, normals can only be cancelled into stronger normals. These are only general rules, please note that not every character can do A>B>C>E.
    Take viewtiful Joe for example, if you attempt A>B>C>E the E will always whiff as the range on it is short. Thor is another example, he has to do A>B>E or B>C>E. Not everyone can do A>B>C>E, but knowing the magic series will allow you to create combos with consummate ease. Try A>B>C>E, if that doesn't work try dropping a button, etc. Normals can also be cancelled into Special Moves and even Hyper Combos. A very basic example of this is A>B>Hadouken with Ryu.

Exchange
    The Magic series ends with E, the exchange button. This launches the opponent into the air. You can then Super Jump to pursue them into the air and continue the combo. The Magic Series and your ground combos still work up here. The basic idea is, you want to hit them with a few A, B, C's, followed by a launch, jump up there, continue the combo with a few more A, B, C's, then finish with a hyper. 

Rather than finishing with a hyper combo, you could hit the Exchange button again. In the air, it has a very different purpose, E+back/forward will tag in a new character mid-combo. The character who initiated the combo will leave, your new guy will jump in with a kick continuing the combo and from there you can do whatever you like. Neutral E in the air slams your opponent down towards the ground. Both extend the combo.

Assists and Tagging

Assisting is the act of calling one of the two characters you don't have 'on point' in for a single attack or move. Each character has 3 assists you can choose from, α, β, and γ, and utilizing them correctly is vital to success.   
    Tagging is the act of swapping out your character for one of your assists, performed by holding one of the assist buttons. This is known as naked tagging, and can be very unsafe, so generally speaking you will only want to tag using DHC and Aerial Exchanges (See Later.)  

Meter and Uses

Hyper Meter
    Your meter is an important part of your management and strategy, being used to power the most useful moves and techniques in the game; Hyper Combos. In general you gain meter by interacting with your opponent, and you can store up to 5 'stocks' or levels of your meter. The following lists the four ways to build meter: Hitting with any move including hyper combos, having attacks blocked (note that this gives far less meter than hitting), being hit by an opponents attacks, and blocking opponents attacks (which again gives far less.)

Hyper Combos
    The most damaging and visually striking moves in the game, there are two levels of hyper combos. The majoriy are Level One, meaning they use one stock. (See above) Some characters also have Level Three Hyper Combos, which require three stocks, but tend to have a much higher damage output.

Delayed Hyper Combos (DHC) 
    A simple technique in which you interrupt one characters Hyper Combo to tag out and perform the next characters hyper. To do so, input the second hyper command during the first Hyper Combo's animation. This requires two stocks, and the second Hyper is not guaranteed to hit. DHC are a safe way of tagging, and offers huge damage opportunities.

Team Hyper Combos
    By pressing both assist buttons at the same time you can perform a Team Hyper Combo. All of your characters will come out and perform their Hyper Combos simultaneously (provided you have the meter.)  

Variable Counters
    While blocking input forward + A1/A2 for a variable counter, which quickly swaps out your point character for one of your assists while executing an attack. This change happens so quickly that most opponents can't react to it to punish you even if the variable counter is blocked. A variable counter does consume one hyper meter.

X-Factor

By hitting all four attack buttons (A+B+C+E) at the same time you activate X-Factor. This can only be done once per match so should be used strategically. Once activated, your character will rapidly recover red life, as well as recieving boosts to speed and damage output. There are three levels of X-Factor, the potency depends on the number of characters you have left.

Characters Remaining
    LengthBoosts
     3 10 Seconds
    Minor buffs to speed and damage
     2 20 Seconds
    -
     1 30 Seconds
    Greatest buffs to speed and damage

X-Factor Cancelling (KFC) 
    Activating X-Factor resets your character to a neutral state cancelling the remainder of any animations they were in. This presents unique combo opportunities. You can activate X-Factor during the end/recovery of your hyper combo, reset, and combo straight into another hyper. The second hyper will do huge damage as you recieve the damage boost, and X-Factor resets damage scaling.

There's a lot of strategy involved with X-Factor and no right answer when to use it, if your opponents gameplan relies on Dante and you hit him a hyper 10 seconds into the match it might be a good idea to use it then, KFC into another hyper and kill off his pointman. You might want to save it for a miracle comeback when you're down to your last character. Like I said no right answer, take it on a game to game basis. 

Stamina Rankings

Assists

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

How do I shoot Spider-Man's web?

mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mwng

Here's a question, why is there no "K" anywhere in  "X-Factor Cancel".

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pessh
    @mwng: Because chicken? Some dude decided to say KFC and it just stuck. It is easier to say, and the teams saying it now so looks like its going to stick. I'll go into more detail about everything later. Updating the op now.
    mwng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mwng
    @Pessh: Seems justifiable. Thanks for the post too, shall refer back to it in an attempt to be less of a scrub.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By gosukiller
    @KaosAngel: Press the Batman button 3 times. 

Heres a few beginners questions which might have several different answers depending on who I ask: 

How many buttons for this game? How would you map them to a 6-button fightstick, like where would you put which input? 
    Are the super-moves like SF4, as in they usually involve a couple of motions and LMH? 
    Does every character have taunts, not just Thor? 

Thanks!
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Pessh: Thanks!
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pessh
    @gosukiller: Personally, I would map them like this.

Light
    Medium
     Heavy
    ExchangeAssist 1
     Assist 2

You might want to swap them around though, and it has the three punches shortcut from SSF4, might want to map that if you have eight buttons.

It's all the same shit, qcb, srk etc.

No Caption Provided

Pretty sure everyone can taunt, they all could in MvC2.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gosukiller
    @Pessh: Thanks! I might try to get into this game a bit, considering it's pre-ordered.
    VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By VicRattlehead

what does the exchange button do? tag out?

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gosukiller
    @VicRattlehead: The exchange button makes you invest in CAPCOM stocks.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pessh
    @VicRattlehead: Launches the opponent into the air. If you press it while you're air comboing someone you'll tag out and the new dude carries it on. Main function is launch though.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Pessh: How do you switch between characters (when not air combo-ing)? Do you still have to push two buttons like in MvC2? 
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pessh
    @MooseyMcMan: Think so, not entirely sure. I know you hold a1/a2 for the simple config but I imagine it would be the standard two attacks for the normal layout.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That's disappointing then. I don't see any logical reason why they couldn't also let you hold the assist buttons for swapping in the normal scheme. I guess I'll get used to it (or switch to simple mode). 

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ricetopher

Pretty funny that theres a FAQ thread when the game is still a little under two weeks out, but hey theres some good basic info here.

Any plans to do character specific shit when this game is out? Cause I'd be willing to contribute.

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gosukiller
    @ricetopher:  You can always use <omnious silence> 
    THE GUIDE SECTION! 
     <lightning strikes> 

Are you going to play this on 360 or PS3?
    ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ricetopher

@gosukiller: PS3 is still broken, so I'll be on 360. Don't think I'd be interested in cross-atlantic lag for this game anyway. I'll probably steal your community thread idea from SSF4 for this game though.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pessh

Done. Pretty comprehensive too. If there's any glaring ommisions or good questions I'll add them to the OP as they arise. Try and keep simple questions here though, there's enough shitty threads as it is. Plenty of dudes who can help you out. I'll get this stickied.

@ricetopher: Probably just a character/team discussion thread to keep down the number of 'is this team ok' topics. No interest in writing in depth character stuff.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By lead_farmer
    @Pessh: Where is the best place to go online to pick up tips and stuff?  I played MvC2 but I was awful and I want to actually learn how to play this game right.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Pessh
    @lead_farmer: Shoryuken.com is the best place but the community can be a bit funny. There's not a lot out there right now, just have a read over the basic stuff, play the game too much, experience is better than any article or tips you can read. They'll be character specific forums up on SRK soon, I'd check them out when you start getting somewhere.
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By animateria
    @gosukiller said:
    " @VicRattlehead: The exchange button makes you invest in CAPCOM stocks. "
    I got a good laugh out of that one. 

Thanks!
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pessh

Thanks for sticky

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#24  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Beat me to it!  Now I have no idea what I'm going to be doing all day at work today lol.  Do you plan on updating the main post with questions from this thread?

" If there's any glaring ommisions or good questions I'll add them to the OP as they arise. "

EDIT: NM I am an idiot
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Oh, you forgot variable counters I think.
    jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jmfinamore

As someone who has only touched MvC a few time and who sucks at fighting games, do you have any tips for a complete newbie interested in the game? I've never managed to understand "fighting game theory" or whatever you want to call it. What are some of the big ideas of this game? Is the focus on air combos, or pulling specific moves, etc?  

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pessh
    @cookiesforbreakfast: Knew I forgot something, thanks man, I'll add advancing guard tomorrow. 

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh said:
    " @cookiesforbreakfast: Knew I forgot something, thanks man, I'll add advancing guard tomorrow.  "
    Variable counters!
    Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Skogen

KFC? What is this, SRK now?

Interesting idea for a FAQ thread though.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Pessh
    @StarvingGamer: Yeah I saw the first time, just avoiding it lol. I'll add it whenever I do adv guard. Thanks.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By StarvingGamer

@HarlequinRiot: Characters generally fall into one of three types:

• Rushdown - High agility with low defense.  The goal is to continually pressure the opponent with mixed attacks until they make a mistake allowing you to hit them with a big combo.  Execution is key as these combos tend to be very complex involving multiple specials and launchers before completion.
    • Grapple - High defense with low mobility.  The goal is to gradually advance on the opponent, sometimes treading health for position and waiting for an opportunity to inflict terrible damage.  Timing and reaction is very important as the slower speed of these characters makes it difficult to capitalize on any openings you might see.
    • Keepaway - Low defense/mobility with many projectile options.  The goal is to use an arsenal of projectiles to keep chipping away at the opponent's health as they struggle to get close to your character.  Prediction skills are crucial in order to make sure the right projectile is in the right space at the right time.

Since MvC3 requires you to create a team of 3 characters, this opens up the playstyle options drastically.  If you prefer a specific style of play you can build a team focused around that.  If you would rather have multiple options you can build a team focused around that.  Really the possibilities are endless which is what makes this game so exciting.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Pessh
    @HarlequinRiot It's crazy fast, and at first the challenge will be just following whats going on. Generally, you want to work your way in with assists and teleports and triangle jumps and all the other crazy shit, then kill them with a ridiculous combo, while keeping the other dude from doing the same thing to you.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Rhaknar

me and Starving were just talking about making this thread the last few days heh.

Anyway P, add OTG=Off The Ground to the terminology, we will be using that a lot when talking about the game and people might not know what it means. Also add Starving´s description of character categories, people NEED to realise that in msot fighters, but especially VS ones, spamming fireballs for example is a tactic, its not "cheap"... you cant be cheap with modok and dormammu, thats how they are meant to be played.

Otherwise, excelent job as usual P. Your new avatar still freaks me out and I wish you changed it :(

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Thanks a lot for this, this thread is/will be very helpful! I've got a question; if I get this straight, one of the more basic combos would be the following: A>B>C>E>SJ>A>B>C>E>A>B>C>E>A>B>C>Hyper Combo. Is that right? And if so, just for the sake of clarification, the player can only tag characters twice after a launch? 

I'm also finding it very difficult trying to determine what the criteria for my team's selection should be. For SFIV, I easily chose who to main based solely on the character himself and if his personality and looks appealed to me, but for this second fighting game I intend to play competitively, it'll be hard to choose characters based on my personal preferences because of matters like having to deal with a team of 3 and team dynamics.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rhaknar
    @FluxWaveZ said:

"Thanks a lot for this, this thread is/will be very helpful! I've got a question; if I get this straight, one of the more basic combos would be the following: A>B>C>E>SJ>A>B>C>E>A>B>C>E>A>B>C>Hyper Combo. Is that right? And if so, just for the sake of clarification, the player can only tag characters twice after a launch?  I'm also finding it very difficult trying to determine what the criteria for my team's selection should be. For SFIV, I easily chose who to main based solely on the character himself and if his personality and looks appealed to me, but for this second fighting game I intend to play competitively, it'll be hard to choose characters based on my personal preferences because of matters like having to deal with a team of 3 and team dynamics. "

First, you have SJ in there, but you dont need to SJ cancel, you just press up. second, you have too many ABCE´s in the air, unless you mean it was a tag 

you can usually continue the combos on the ground with OTG moves like Deadpool´s Katanarama, or Dante´s..errr...just regular launcher i think. You see Marn doing a lot of 100%s with dante using: 

ABCE -> ABC downward kick special to knock them back down -> dash into launcher -> ABC spinning fire sword thing - gun super, cancel with KFC into another gun super 

For your second question, there should still be team synergy, but a lot less this time it seems (at least at first), most people are saying that since the game is "balanced" by making everyone powerful (like TVC did), you can pretty much choose any 3 characters. 

At the moment im mostly likely to main Wesker, Skrull, Taskmaster, but i havent even started thinking about assists or if they mesh, i just like how they play :p
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    "Thanks a lot for this, this thread is/will be very helpful! I've got a question; if I get this straight, one of the more basic combos would be the following: A>B>C>E>SJ>A>B>C>E>A>B>C>E>A>B>C>Hyper Combo. Is that right? And if so, just for the sake of clarification, the player can only tag characters twice after a launch?  I'm also finding it very difficult trying to determine what the criteria for my team's selection should be. For SFIV, I easily chose who to main based solely on the character himself and if his personality and looks appealed to me, but for this second fighting game I intend to play competitively, it'll be hard to choose characters based on my personal preferences because of matters like having to deal with a team of 3 and team dynamics. "
    First, you have SJ in there, but you dont need to SJ cancel, you just press up. second, you have too many ABCE´s in the air, unless you mean it was a tag  you can usually continue the combos on the ground with OTG moves like Deadpool´s Katanarama, or Dante´s..errr...just regular launcher i think. You see Marn doing a lot of 100%s with dante using:  ABCE -> ABC downward kick special to knock them back down -> dash into launcher -> ABC spinning fire sword thing - gun super, cancel with KFC into another gun super "
    All these letters are confusing me...I think I'll just end up mashing buttons and throwing the occasional fireball. 
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Rhaknar: The E after the launch tags in the second character, but I thought that you could continue a combo with ABC with that 2nd character in the air before tagging in the 3rd character and doing another ABC while finishing it off with a hyper combo. I'm just wondering what you're supposed to do with the 2nd character and 3rd character after the 1st character launches (and super jumps without SJ cancelling) and doing an ABCE. 

And it's good to know that I might not be as limited as I thought in the matter of forming my team.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Rhaknar

Peesh, im pretty sure just E in a air combo knocks them to the ground, E+left or right tags someone else in. Not 100% sure tho
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rhaknar
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    "@Rhaknar: The E after the launch tags in the second character, but I thought that you could continue a combo with ABC with that 2nd character in the air before tagging in the 3rd character and doing another ABC while finishing it off with a hyper combo. I'm just wondering what you're supposed to do with the 2nd character and 3rd character after the 1st character launches (and super jumps without SJ cancelling) and doing an ABCE.  And it's good to know that I might not be as limited as I thought in the matter of forming my team. "

like i just said, E in the air shoots them down, E+a direction tags someone...I THINK. im not totally sure tho. Thats also how you can counter it, by pressing E and the same direction your opponent pressed.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Rhaknar said:
    " like i just said, E in the air shoots them down, E+a direction tags someone...I THINK. im not totally sure tho. Thats also how you can counter it, by pressing E and the same direction your opponent pressed. "
    Ah, that makes sense.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rhaknar

an example of what im saying, at minute 0:40 Wesker launches them, then does 3 hits (the abc) and one that knocks them back down (the E)

there´s also a 100% in there at the end for lols :p
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh:@FluxWaveZ:@Rhaknar said:

" Peesh, im pretty sure just E in a air combo knocks them to the ground, E+left or right tags someone else in. Not 100% sure tho "

Yeah, neutral E is a knockdown with ground bounce and, depending on position, you can OTG and continue the combo.  If you press a direction + E then you knock the opponent in that direction and tag in the next character on your team for an Aerial Exchange.  However, if the opponent anticipates this and presses the same direction + E then they cancel the Aerial Exchange.  No tag occurs and the character escapes the combo.  Actually if you're expecting it, you can just spin the joystick and mash on E and get out of it every time.  The only downside is that if your opponent does nothing, your character will just whiff their E attack and be vulnerable to a reset situation.

Also as far as an Aerial Rave (air combo) is concerned, L>L>M>M>H>H will chain for most characters although not necessarily all hit.  Experiment and see what your character can achieve beyond L>M>H.  For example, Morrigan can do L>L>M>M>D+M>D+M>H>Hyper in the air.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rhaknar
    @StarvingGamer said:
    "@Pessh:@FluxWaveZ:@Rhaknar said:

" Peesh, im pretty sure just E in a air combo knocks them to the ground, E+left or right tags someone else in. Not 100% sure tho "

Yeah, neutral E is a knockdown with ground bounce and, depending on position, you can OTG and continue the combo.  If you press a direction + E then you knock the opponent in that direction and tag in the next character on your team for an Aerial Exchange.  However, if the opponent anticipates this and presses the same direction + E then they cancel the Aerial Exchange.  No tag occurs and the character escapes the combo.  Actually if you're expecting it, you can just spin the joystick and mash on E and get out of it every time.  The only downside is that if your opponent does nothing, your character will just whiff their E attack and be vulnerable to a reset situation.  Also as far as an Aerial Rave (air combo) is concerned, L>L>M>M>H>H will chain for most characters although not necessarily all hit.  Experiment and see what your character can achieve beyond L>M>H.  For example, Morrigan can do L>L>M>M>D+M>D+M>H>Hyper in the air. "

Which is why in most match videos with actual players, not the capcom press release ones, you rarely see air tags in the air, because its too easy to escape it by mashing leaving you vulnerable, most people just finish the combo and then do some sort of OTG move or hyper
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Pessh: Oh also you might want to consider rewording A>B>C to L>M>H simply because B is also used to designate back.  For example, using your notation Dante's Revolver special would be executed D,DB,B+B.  Looking at it, it makes sense to me, but I can see it confusing a newbie.  God forbid if there's a command normal somewhere performed B+B.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rhaknar

I believe the official wording for the game IS LMH btw, people are just using ABC because its easier :D

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Rhaknar said:
    " I believe the official wording for the game IS LMH btw, people are just using ABC because its easier :D "

I blame all the old SNK fighting games.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm fine with changing it to LMH. I just don't want to see none of that "number pad to demonstrate directions" garbage.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rhaknar
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " @Rhaknar said:
    " I believe the official wording for the game IS LMH btw, people are just using ABC because its easier :D "
    I blame all the old SNK fighting games. "

isnt TvC also ABC?
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Rhaknar: Yeh
    hencook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By hencook
    @Pessh:

Quoted from Seth K...

[quote]What's up with the new control scheme I keep hearing about for Marvel vs. Capcom 3?
    Seth: MvC3's controls are still in development, but it currently has 4 attack buttons, and two assist buttons. If you want the take-away, you can stop reading now because that's the bottom line.
    It does some fun new stuff in some circumstances, but in many ways that stuff is not different than command normals in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. It does stuff like launching (also a normal move in MvC2), causing OTG-able flying screen (normal in MvC2), and some other interesting effects (not as much like MvC2, but a pretty natural evolution).[/quote]

Therefore your button layout is probably incorrect, I am guessing it will read as:
    L H A1
    M E A2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.