Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is now listed on Amazon for 39.99

#1 Edited by kuz101 (209 posts) -

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Marvel-Capcom-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B005C7R8I8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1311178405&sr=8-6

12 new characters, Spectator mode, Re-balances.  Release date listed as November 15, 2011.
#2 Posted by Maajin (1052 posts) -

Here's a trailer

#3 Posted by Jolt92 (1544 posts) -

Capcom just seem so stupid and greedy recently. I would've bought Mega Man Legends 3, but now I won't be buying anything.

People that like MvC3 may be superstoked or bummed out that they have to buy another game. I'm just gonna say my piece, I'm disappointed in Capcom as a whole right now.

#4 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Don't fall for it. Buy the third release when it comes out in February 2012. Or maybe wait for the fourth release in June.

#5 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4309 posts) -

This is disgusting on so many levels.

#6 Posted by FateOfNever (1816 posts) -

Oh Capcom, why do you sully your name this way.  Oh well, makes me glad I never bothered picking up MvC3 when it first came out, unfortunately also encourages me to not buy this version either, lest I give them the impression that they should keep up this kind of behavior.  Then again, maybe it will actually get released as DLC as well.  If that happens, I would at least feel considerably less dirty about this decision of theirs.  If it is a stand alone game, the way SSF4 was though... forget it.

#7 Posted by RE_Player1 (7551 posts) -

ugh..... I feel bad for my brother who bought Marvel vs Capcom 3 a month ago.

#8 Posted by rmanthorp (3891 posts) -

X Factor in the air :O

#9 Posted by ThunderSlash (1574 posts) -

I don't own MvC3 but this can seem like both a good thing or a bad thing. What's good is that it might be cheaper than buying the characters as DLC. How much were they charging for Jill and Shuma? Like around 5 bucks right? That's like an extra 50 bucks for the characters if they were to release them as individual DLC. And what's bad... well Capcom obviously had built MvC3 to support DLC, but then decided to not use it.

#10 Posted by Dallas_Raines (2141 posts) -

This better be available in cheap(er) DLC form.

#11 Posted by Cameron (595 posts) -

This has to be DLC as well. I can buy their excuse that they didn't have the hooks for substantial DLC in SFIV, but that excuse only works for one game. If it is not DLC, then this disc should be $20 tops.

#12 Posted by NemesisTheory (35 posts) -

It hasn't even been 6 months yet.

This is just too stupid. This could've easily been DLC. But no, they're gonna charge you 40 bucks for it. This is absolutely appalling.

#13 Posted by MEATBALL (3097 posts) -

@Jolt92 said:

Capcom just seem so stupid and greedy recently. I would've bought Mega Man Legends 3, but now I won't be buying anything.

People that like MvC3 may be superstoked or bummed out that they have to buy another game. I'm just gonna say my piece, I'm disappointed in Capcom as a whole right now.

This isn't really a recent tactic for Capcom, this is just kind of what Capcom have always done. People are more than welcome to complain about these sort of releases, but I'm sick of people talking like it's a new development for the studio when they've basically been doing it since the beginning of time.

UMvC3 sounds great, it really does, and I'll probably buy it like a sucker, I feel really stupid for having bought MvC3, though - I managed to avoid purchasing SFIV in favour of Super, I really should have done the same for Marvel.

#14 Posted by rmanthorp (3891 posts) -

FIRST DLC PACK FOR PRE-ORDERING - FUCK VIDEO GAMES

#15 Posted by Ghostiet (5228 posts) -

Apart from obvious disgust, Ghost Rider is fucking cool.

#16 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

This will bomb. It has to right?

#17 Posted by rmanthorp (3891 posts) -

FUCK VIDEO GAMES! I can't believe I am going to talk about MvC3 and UMvC3 in my GOTY list ON THE SAME YEAR! :<

#18 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Wait... What the fuck? Didn't Marvel vs. Cpacom 3 get released THIS YEAR? And now they're already releasing a fucking revision... in NOVEMBER? God dammit Capcom. 

@XenoNick said: 

This will bomb. It has to right?

Sadly, I think it'll probably do pretty well. Idiots like me will buy it day 1, after all. But I'll definitely abandon ship if they pull an SSFIVAE move.
#19 Posted by JJOR64 (18916 posts) -

The re-release is too soon and it makes me laugh they have to make another game to add spectator mode. Sadly, I will be buying this. Enjoyed the first MvC3.

#20 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

I really dont think this is too soon.

The game needed some serious updates, with some huge tweaks to correct the gameplay and additionel content and characters never hurt. Also its coming out as DLC so stop bitching.

THAT BEING SAID HAWKEYE AND FIREBRAND ARE TERRIBLE CHARACTERS, THEY BETTER NOT TAKE VERGILS SPOT GOD HELP YOU CAPCOM IF YOU DONT PUT VERGIL IN THIS.

#21 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

I can't fucking wait. 

Also, fuck Capcom. 

Dammit! 

@Rufi91

said:

FUCK VIDEO GAMES! I can't believe I am going to talk about MvC3 and UMvC3 in my GOTY list ON THE SAME YEAR! :<

This really should say "12 NEW CHARACTERS - 8 NEW STAGES - ONLY $99.98. 

AND HEY, PRE-ORDER NOW AND WE'LL THROW IN SOME TIGHT CLOTHES FOR FOUR FEMALE CHARACTERS." 

But... is this being released as DLC?
#22 Posted by longstarrr (17 posts) -

I really hope those life bars aren't finalized because they look terrible.

#23 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@longstarrr: I actually really like them. Oh well.
#24 Posted by StarvingGamer (8041 posts) -

I'm super excited. At their current DLC rates, 12 new characters alone would be $60. Y'all people seem to have an over inflated sense of entitlement.

Woo UMvC3!

#25 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

no PC, no sale. simple capcom

#26 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

I'm super excited. At their current DLC rates, 12 new characters alone would be $60. Y'all people seem to have an over inflated sense of entitlement. Woo UMvC3!

Everyone always seems to forget this, not to mention the different stages and overall game improvements you get with this.

Remember how everyone always bitches that in the old days we would get expansions instead of DLC? Well here.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

@StarvingGamer said:

I'm super excited. At their current DLC rates, 12 new characters alone would be $60. Y'all people seem to have an over inflated sense of entitlement. Woo UMvC3!

Everyone always seems to forget this, not to mention the different stages and overall game improvements you get with this.

Remember how everyone always bitches that in the old days we would get expansions instead of DLC? Well here.

Yes, but the 'fighting game crash' occured because of stuff like this.
#29 Posted by longstarrr (17 posts) -
@iDarktread

It just seems a little bit too big and that giant flashing red "X" seems really intrusive. Also, having the point character in the center of the life bars instead of the top just looks weird.
#30 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

The only way I'll buy this is if the rest of the characters they announce are fuckin' awesome. The first four they announced weren't bad but I want M. Bision and Green Goblin!  

#31 Posted by longstarrr (17 posts) -
@Lord_Yeti

Phoenix Wright!

Fuck it, day one buy no matter what.
#32 Posted by LiquidPrince (15856 posts) -

@Jolt92 said:

I'm happy because I never bought the original, so now the cheap more full version is coming out... great.

#33 Posted by ShaggE (6349 posts) -

It appears that Capcom is... taking us for a ride. /sunglasses 

#34 Edited by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@StarvingGamer said:

Yes, but the 'fighting game crash' occured because of stuff like this.

True, but we both know that's not why people are mad.

Also:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/goldenpp72/NOMEGAMANWHYY.jpg

Wait what the hell, did't megaman and venom win that "Which character should be put in" poll?

#35 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

if the leaked pictures are indeed true (and theya re from the capcom site), no Megaman again is fucking HILARIOUS. No Cyke, Venom, Gambit either, guess popularity isnt important. but hey, Rocket Racoon... lol.

#36 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@Jolt92 said:

Capcom just seem so stupid and greedy recently.

LOL.
#37 Posted by theWarren (101 posts) -

Dr. Strange AND Iron Fist AND Rocket Raccoon AND Phoenix Wright? SOLD! 

Had my SE of Marvel on Craigslist for a few days now.

#38 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

So they're not even waiting a year? And x-factoring in the air only helps Phoenix, which is the last thing we need.

At least they're only charging $39.99. But the "balance" changes are the make or break point for me in terms of a sale.

If MVC3 sees the same balance and release cycle as SSF4 then this version will be the best of the three.

#39 Posted by ZOnikJJ (258 posts) -

hahahaha! I almost bought the OG MvC3 yesterday; disaster averted!

#40 Posted by nazer858 (131 posts) -
#41 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

It better come out as DLC (the download version being cheaper than the disc version) as well and not only disc. That's all I'm saying. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.