we get it, you dont like phoenix!

#1 Posted by Phished0ne (2540 posts) -

Dear Internet, 

Does anyone else who regularly watches MVC tournies get sick of all the viewers doing nothing but shitting on people for their character choices? 

we get it, you dont like phoenix, you think Cl0ckwork is hindering himself using the character that *he said himself* WAS HIS FAVORITE CHARACTER.  To clarify  Cl0ck has even stated  that he personally likes plain Phoenix better than Dark.   Why do people hate Phoenix so much? i dont understand why she's so polarizing, KILL HER, it's not that hard, dont let her get 5 bars if your that worried about it. Save your X Factor, and wait out the time till she dies.  

Everyone says she "takes no skill" and is "too spammy". But what does that shit even mean? i can play a "spammy" Akuma just like I can play a "spammy"  Phoenix.  None of the characters in MVC3 are inherently spammy(in my opinion), its the players that want the easiest way to win that look for moves that they can just pound the whole match.   Look at it this way, I dread when i face a phoenix online(and i sometimes play phoenix).  But just because i get endlessly stomped by people playing Phoenix, dosent mean i get to throw a bitch fest online about how she 'takes no skill to play'.   Even then, i'd rather fight a phoenix team than a Dante\Wesker\Wolvie team where the dude just teleports  with wesker and  dive kicks with wolvie all day.

So please , shut the fuck up about phoenix. 

Sincerely, 
Phished0ne 

*PS: Phoenix isn't the problem  Level 3 X-factor is* 

#2 Posted by mnzy (2925 posts) -
@Phished0ne said:
That's an equally stupid thing to say.
#3 Posted by SMTDante89 (2584 posts) -

I hope I'm not the only one that comes into this topic thinking about Phoenix Wright...

#4 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5403 posts) -

I don't see this as any better.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@Phished0ne said:
...Huh. I hope you see the hypocrisy here.
#6 Posted by Phished0ne (2540 posts) -

Sorry guys, i should've added an internet sarcasm tag on the PS.. =P

#7 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -

Dark Phoenix makes a wonderful assist character.

#8 Posted by onimonkii (2464 posts) -

i like phoenix

i've only played mvc3 once though

#9 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I don't really care what the viewers say, sometimes it's entertaining but it never annoys me.

#10 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

The internet hates on stuff, it what it does. It's just a big ol' hate machine.

#11 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

For what it's worth, I like Phoenix, though the last time I played MvC3 was probably about 3 or 4 months ago so maybe she's crazy now or something.

#12 Posted by rbysjti (354 posts) -

Phoenix is overpowered that's why a lot of people complain. I think, the wisest way to nerf her is her damage output on characters blocking her attacks cos her attacks still chips much health even if the opponent is blocking

#13 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -
@SMTDante89 said:

I hope I'm not the only one that comes into this topic thinking about Phoenix Wright...

I did too.
#14 Edited by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

I really like Phoenix. Don't see the problem. 

Lvl3 X-factor I like a bit less when playing.  

As a spectator seeing Lvl3 x-factor getting popped, resulting in an epic comeback, is awesome however.

#15 Posted by Bravestar (382 posts) -

"shut the fuck up about phoenix." *bitches about comments on the internet, lvl 3 x-factor and wesker*

Also thanks for the pro tip to kill her.

#16 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

Dude, I didn't realize you could kill her! 

Thanks, now I'm gonna go body Clockw0rk, right? Because theory in practice works 100% of the way you want it to, all the time. 

Right? 

#17 Posted by NoelVeiga (1122 posts) -

None of the problems the OP has are the problem. 

The problem is that MvC is a pretty terrible fighting game. 

There, I said it. It's fully based on cheap tactics, it doesn't even try to go for balance and it can't be played by mastering the basics. For all the average middle of the pack MvC 3 player knows, he might as well be typing in the phonebook rather than combos. 

Which is why it's such a great breeding place for the type of asshole whiners and asshole cheap players that made the genre boring and inaccessible the first time it died. So don't go whining the next time it dies (which it will, at this rate). It's as much the audience's fault for encouraging this as it is Capcom's for making the same mistake twice. I hope you're all happy.

#18 Posted by Bestostero (2750 posts) -

I can't control it...I love Phoenix. lol 

#19 Posted by FLStyle (4923 posts) -

This thread needs some anti-Dark Phoenix technology.

#20 Edited by Phished0ne (2540 posts) -
@Bravestar@SirOptimusPrime@NoelVeiga:  

I would like to thank all 3 of you for these stellar additions to this thread. 

Also, Bravestar,  'complaining' about wolvie and wesker was just my way of furthering the point that ANY character in MVC3 can be played 'spammy', that its not an inherent characteristic of  Phoenix/Dark Phoenix.
#21 Posted by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -
@NoelVeiga There are no terrible fighting games, only terrible players.
#22 Posted by rmanthorp (4056 posts) -

NONE OF THIS WILL MATTER WHEN MVC3EX COMES OUT AM I RIGHT?!?!

Errrrgghhh....

#23 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@SMTDante89 said:

*raises hand*

#24 Edited by FUN (177 posts) -
@NoelVeiga said: Inaccessible? When fighting games "died," Marvel 2 was pretty much the only major fighting game that people largely had access too, with the likes of SF, CvS 2, KoF, etc, left to famous/larger more maintained arcades.  If MvC 2 top play is boring (anyone who thinks it's just button mashing and projectiles flying everywhere while Sentinel does the same combo in the corner is an idiot anyway) I'd really love to see what fighting game isn't.

Phoenix >>>>> Dark Phoenix.  Without DP, Phoenix would get a much better rep, and maybe some extra health on point :p  Nothing too much, she's still a very good character on her own, probably around X-23/Arthur level.  That being said, I don't really like Phoenix Wright either :p
#25 Posted by l4wd0g (2016 posts) -

Everyone shits all over everyone. We want to justify our characters, games and consoles. It's much easier to shit all over someone else than just let them enjoy the game. I'm also convinced that MvC3 isn't a technical type of fighter.

#26 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:

There are lots of terrible fighting games.
#27 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -
@StarvingGamer: I submit Rumble Fish, SSMBB (if you consider it a fighting game), Bloody Roar 1-however many, and Soul Calibur 1-4 
#28 Edited by TechHits (1391 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:

come on now, we all know that's not true. What about Shaq fu, or Clay Fighter?
#29 Posted by Bravestar (382 posts) -
@Phished0ne said:
Also, Bravestar,  'complaining' about wolvie and wesker was just my way of furthering the point that ANY character in MVC3 can be played 'spammy', that its not an inherent characteristic of  Phoenix/Dark Phoenix.
I will accept your point, when Wolverine starts to shoot out projectiles when he divekicks.
#30 Posted by StarvingGamer (8558 posts) -
@GetEveryone @TechHits Yeah I just wanted to sound like a Chinese proverb.

@SirOptimusPrime I would argue Brawl and Soul Calibur with you. Soul Calibur is an extremely elegant game at the top level and Smash ha a lot more depth than most people realize. It has all the mind games without the execution barrier.
#31 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -
@StarvingGamer: Fair enough on Brawl, but I'll just agree to disagree on SC. But, yeah there are indeed bad fighting games. Hell, I love MBAA but Melty Blood up until Actress Again was fucking garbage. 
#32 Posted by willy7867 (15 posts) -

i would rather play anyone in the game instead of Phoenix. when she can super jump and spam 5 fireballs and just jump up and do it again is stupid. Saying "kill her" is way easier than actually killing her. Whenever i play against Phoenix online they just spam fireballs and then when they turn into Dark Phoenix they just teleport and jam jab until your character dies. she also then shoots 2 fireballs instead of one making the reason everyone hates her even more annoying.Also Wolverine's dive kick and Wesker's teleporting can be pretty easy to get around.

#33 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Dear Phished0ne,

Creating a thread where you bitch about people bitching is fairly asinine.

Cheers,

The Internet

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.