Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Welp, It's happening. ::Sigh:: Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

• 140 results
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By napalm
    @GetEveryone: What happened to that AE fire you had just a few short weeks ago? 

@Undeadpool said: 

I understand what you're saying, but my question is: WHY is that the case? MK never really had story-focused games (Konquest mode was always pretty terrible) until MKvsDCU, which STILL wasn't anywhere near as good as this most recent MK. I think devs should, perhaps, start shifting their focus. No one really cared about story modes and then MK came out and proved that you CAN have a somewhat compelling story mode that's a great value proposition AND throw in 300 missions that aren't really about fighting the AI as much as they're about overcoming the weird effects that the mission imposes upon you. And frankly, you say Capcom CAN improve their training modes, but WILL they? My money's on "No." 

People play fighting games to fight other people. There are a lot of people, and frankly, I'd say most of them that play exclusively with other players. Why? Their skill lies in improving as a player. There is no benefit to them playing a 'challenge mode' against the CPU, or some weird modifier mode against their friends. That stuff is fun to dick around with your friends who probably don't play as much as you, but at the end of the day, that doesn't help the seventy-five percent of players who play to improve and work hard to do so. And also, it's all limited. People can play multiplayer versus games until they shut down Xbox Live, or PlayStation Network. What do you get with a challenge mode? You beat it a few times and you're done? Or, it's fun for a few spins, but it eventually loses its charm because it's limited replayability. 

With online modes against other players, it's always different. If you have one character that is played by fifty different people who play that character twenty different ways, then that's a lot of different, varied matches available. Just multiply that by the number of characters there are in the game. 

So I guess at the end of the day I have to say that you're probably right and that Street Fighter is the better fighting game (though the endless iteration is getting a LITTLE tiresome, isn't it?) but Mortal Kombat is the better overall game.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. AE is fucking garbage. I don't know who they think I am, trying to get me to pay money so they can nerf the fuck out of my character and make way for bullshit shenanigans by the God Tier newcomers. Super is where I stopped as that addition was definitely welcomed. 

And, what I think you mean to say is that Mortal Kombat is the better overall single player experience, haha.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Napalm: When I said SF, I think I meant more fighting games in general. Working full-time and juggling computer games is hard. 

Plus SF4 has been out for 2 years now and I'm pretty burned out on it. I still think AE is sick as hell, but, you know...  

I also think I just satisfied my doubts about buying UMvC3.
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#103  Edited By Undeadpool

@Napalm said:

The benefit is fun. And there's really no "replay value" needed, I bought the game at launch and I'm STILL going through the Tower. I don't think "most" people play to get amazing at the game, I frankly think most people play to have fun. Because by that logic, when I log into SSFIV now as someone with less than 1000 PP, I shouldn't be able to find hardly anyone to play with, but there are still TONS of people at my level. I'd actually say that it's probably more like 75% play casually and 25% play competitively and they're both perfectly viable. For me it's more a matter of preference, I prefer a different kind of game (and I get bored pretty easily only playing one type of game, which isn't a slight against Street Fighter in the least).

At the end of the day, I think we're better off agreeing different strokes for different folks. I'd just be curious to see Capcom actually give their almost obscenely loyal user-base some rewards rather than nickel-and-diming them at every single turn.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By OneManX

I have one question... Why are people putting AE and Super Add-Ons and the MK DLC characters on the same level?

One is completely optional, and the other is needed f you want to keep up with the community

Shakezula84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By Shakezula84

Makes me feel good that I was unable to pick up MvC 3 when it came out.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#106  Edited By Rhaknar

im about to post what is MOST LIKELY FALSE second hand info:

- The announcement is for a "super" version of MvC3, called Marvel vs Capcom 3 EX. It will be available as a DLC update and as a retail disc (with limited supplies, mostly distributed via online retailers), as well as a PC version and an (eventual) Wii U version. Pricing and release date are still being decided, but the rough release date is Q4 2011.
    - The game will add 10 new characters, and Jill and Shuma will be part of the update if you don't have them already (they aren't counted towards the 10 characters).
    - The only two characters I'll tell you about are the ones actually being announced at Comic-Con, which are Frank West and Cyclops.
    - None of these new characters will be available as separate DLC for "vanilla" MvC3. You have to get the whole pack together.
    - 4 new stages.
    - The game will add some new modes and features.
    - New alt costumes will also be announced for the game. You can also use these alt costumes in "vanilla" MvC3. The next set of alt costumes will be available just after the Comic-Con MvC3 presentation.
    - Multiple glitches and balancing issues will be fixed in a patch available sometime in August. These changes will also of course carry over to MvC3EX.

this was taken from gamefaqs, sourcing someone on SRK. Again, i FIRMLY BELIEVE THIS IS FALSE. Why am i posting it? 

...because it mentions a PC VERSION and after playing AE on my rig, i would instantly buy a MvC3 on pc :( Make it happen Capcom!

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#107  Edited By Phished0ne

Im so torn on this, I'm really afraid of what balancing changes they will make.  MVC3 is so delicate when it comes to that kind of thing.   But...the prospect of Gambit and Strider make me happy.   

On a side note, what i've always thought capcom should do is release 2 versions,  a "Casual" and a "professional"  version of every fighting game.  Because they can never get fucking matchmaking right.  If  I'm fighter rank playing a ranked match(hell even in player matches the matchmaking dosen't match you with appropriately ranked players), the game should warn me and allow me to back out before it matches me against someone who is 3-5 ranks higher than me.  How am i supposed to get better if the game just continually matches me against people who take the game way more serious than me? Plus in a lot of cases, casual players want different balancing changes than professional players.  Casuals had trouble handling Sent, so they nerfed him, forcing the pros to bitch that Sent didnt need a nerf, it was Phoenix that needed an nerf.  Lets face it, the fighting game community is already split between casuals and 'pros', so why not just make that split an actual split.  OR JUST FIX FUCKING MATCHMAKING!  Why even have the option to match with "same or near rank" when it almost never seems  to work that way.   I've battled with selling MVC3 to a friend so many times just because its  near impossible for me to find matches that i even have a chance to win.  Maybe i just suck(most likely), but it just seems that even Super Street Fighter had better matchmaking than MVC3, but maybe its just due to a smaller pool of players.

Does anyone think they will make any game mechanic changes rather than just balancing?

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#108  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

I LOVELOVELOVE Marvel vs Capcom 3, it is my favourite modern day fighter and I play it everyday. If this is not dlc then I will NOT buy this game as a new disc. This is becomming a joke Capcom. Don't. Fuck. This. Up.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By xyzygy

I am actually excited for this. I never buy fighting games when they come out, the only exception was BlazBlue. And it's for this reason exactly.

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Tan

From the rumours running around it sounds like it'll get the SSF4 treatement: a new retail disc +10 new characters, etc. What other new things did SSF4 bring to SF4?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By 71Ranchero

Im kind of shocked that this game is getting any further attention. Didn't most people stop playing it after they realized it was pretty much Smash Bros with a little depth? I know I sold my copy a week after I got it and bought MvC2 instead.  

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#112  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Atramentous
    Im kind of shocked that this game is getting any further attention. Didn't most people stop playing it after they realized it was pretty much Smash Bros with a little depth? I know I sold my copy a week after I got it and bought MvC2 instead.  
    Lol

Someone get tired of being bodied?

Back on topic, an X-Factor damage tweak and removal of the DHC trick would do a lot to help diversify the playing field. Also, as a Wolverine player, they really need to find a way to make dive kick punishable.
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @StarvingGamer said:
    @Atramentous
    Lol Someone get tired of being bodied? Back on topic, an X-Factor damage tweak and removal of the DHC trick would do a lot to help diversify the playing field. Also, as a Wolverine player, they really need to find a way to make dive kick punishable.
    I didnt play online. "Lol".
    Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By Phished0ne
    @Tan:   what rumors have you been seeing?  most of the stuff I've seen say it will most likely be a DLC pack like AE was.   Of course, no one really knows. 

@StarvingGamer: I agree with you on most fronts..but, if you nerf the x-factor damage boost too much you might as well just take it out of the game. The whole point of X-factor is that its...well...the X-factor. I wouldnt even venture a guess about what should be tweaked, but that dive kick has got to go. 
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#115  Edited By Enigma777

So glad I rented this game.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By StarvingGamer
    @Atramentous Oh, well troll harder then I guess.

@Phished0ne Not necessarily, reducing the current damage boost of 150%-230% to something like 120%-160% could help remove some of the randomness without making it totally useless. Also don't forget how amazingly useful it is to XFC.
    71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @StarvingGamer said:
    @Atramentous Oh, well troll harder then I guess.
    So its trolling because I preferred the way the game played for its first 2 releases? Get over it. If you like the game then play it, I never tried to tell you otherwise.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Atramentous: No, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you're trolling and not just an idiot that makes bold claims based on zero experience. Hate the game all you like, but don't dip your toe in and declare you know the depths of the sea.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#119  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

Glad I skipped out on the original release since it was suspiciously lacking in features. The original has only been out five months though, and it seems like a bad idea to announce an enhanced rerelease anywhere this close to the original verison's release.

If Gene gets passed up for the roster again I'm gonna have to choke a bitch. Come on Capcom, don't be douchebags!

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By 71Ranchero
    @StarvingGamer said:

@Atramentous: No, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by assuming you're trolling and not just an idiot that makes bold claims based on zero experience. Hate the game all you like, but don't dip your toe in and declare you know the depths of the sea.

Im sorry I didn't like your game. I must not know what Im talking about, Im sure it has nothing to do with spending hundreds of dollars on importing the old games and buying ram carts for my Saturn to get arcade perfect ports. Yup, I just didn't spend enough time with it to know that it plays different.
    FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By FUN

As long as they don't have 40-second long fights followed by two-three minute unskippable cutscenes with a shallow story line (Frank Tieri would be writing so that's practically confirmed), better netcode, a healthy and diverse amount of new characters added to the roster, tweak the system around, more creative event modes, more stages wouldn't even hurt, a decent deal like AE where it's decently priced DLC or a lower priced disc, actual justification for making a new edition, like how Super added so much to SF IV, to a series where you never made installments like this before, and above all GENE SPLICE and you may have regained my interest to take this game seriously.

Did we get X-Men vs Street Fighter: Marvelous Edition inbetween Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter?  Man, this had to have come from higher ups at Capcom/Marvel, Nitsuma isn't that kind of guy.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By JohnDudebro

Even if it's a new disc, I'm going to stick it inside my nice MvC3 CE metal box. Just because that's cooler.

Also, I am only on board with Venom included if it's Flash Thompson as military Venom. He's awesome.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By BBQBram

I hope it's DLC but if not, I'll probably buy it.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#124  Edited By Rhaknar

has this been posted? 

"Plus, we'll have the WORLD PREMIERE of a top AAA game … which we can't announce until Comic Con ;) but it'll be WORTH the wait AND you'll be able to PLAY it yourself! " 

from capcom´s Comic Con announcement.  full press release here, seems like super mvc3 (or whatever is called) will even be playable on the show.
    FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By FUN

Watch as its a completely unrelated game

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By rbysjti

12 new characters is great but I'd like 22 more: 

MARVEL: 
    Apocalypse 
    Squirrel Girl 
    Gambit 
    Cyclops 
    Psylocke 
    Jubilee 
    Ms Marvel 
    Venom 
    Juggernaut 
    Domino 
    Scarlet Witch

CAPCOM: 
    Phoenix Wright 
    Mega Man X 
    Strider Hiryu 
    Gene (God Hand) 
    BB Hood 
    Jedah 
    Ingrid from Street Fighter 
    M Bison 
    Guile 
    Date Masamune 
    Virgil

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By StarvingGamer

@BananaKid: I think they'd be more likely to stick to Eddie Brock Blue Venom, give him Carnage/Anti-Venom and maybe Black Flash Thompson as alternates.

Still, always up for more Venom. Venom Rug! Hopefully they make his Venom Web Hyper Air-OK.

Juicebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Juicebox

LOL i knew it. Will wait  for Super Ultimate Marvel vs capcom PLus edition.

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By FUN
    @StarvingGamer said:

@BananaKid: I think they'd be more likely to stick to Eddie Brock Blue Venom, give him Carnage/Anti-Venom and maybe Black Flash Thompson as alternates.

Still, always up for more Venom. Venom Rug! Hopefully they make his Venom Web Hyper Air-OK.

The only Vemon I want is Eddie Brock, and that's probably not the Venom Marvel would want.  If given the choices are between this, thisor nothing, I would gladly chose the last.
    Hiashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Hiashi

It is a bit tiresome, but they will easily win me over with good character additions. All will be well for me at least if I get vergil.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#131  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@FUN: But that is Anti-Venom?

WebOfSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By WebOfSomething

No Caption Provided
    FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By FUN

New HUD is ugly, Ghost Rider looks lame, Strider Hiryu's English voice actor sucks hard, and Hawkeye's Level 3 is the best one ever by a longshot.

All in all, hype attained.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By RE_Player1

I know a lot of people are excited by this, and they have every right to be, but personally I hate these full retail updates. I love Mortal Kombat but if they released Super Mortal Kombat next year with some more characters stages, challenges etc I wouldn't be feeling it at all.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By shadows_kill

1 reason why I didn't buy MvC3 earlier! Now I can get this but it better be $40 or lower. 

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#136  Edited By VicRattlehead

@RE_Player92: as long as they continue to sell them at £20-£25 i really cant complain

also ghost rider actually looks pretty cool... LOOK INTO MY EYES

also wtf air x-factor?

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#137  Edited By bibamatt

So, I wonder if it'll include Jill and Shuma or if they'll continue to be sold as DLC?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By MikkaQ

40$, I knew it. Goddammit Capcom. Whatever it doesn't matter, I win because I never bought MvC3 knowing good and damn well they'd try to pull this junk again. I'm never buying first run capcom fighting games from here on. It just doesn't make sense anymore.

JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By JohnDudebro

HAWKEYE SHOOTS AN ARROW THAT HAS ANT-MAN ON IT AND THEN ANT-MAN BEATS THE SHIT OUT OF DUDES

GAME OF THE YEAR

FUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By FUN
    @VicRattlehead: Yeah seeing real people play with him tonight made him look less predictable and more cool

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.