What characters would you like to see in MvC3?

• 0 results
#1 Edited by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

With MvC3 finally announced, what characters would you like to see in the new game?  I would love to see E. Honda and Dante for sure in the game.  Haggar would be a neat addition as well.

#2 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Let's see.  Dante, Tron Bonne, Lilith, Frank West, Kobun (Servbot), Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Juggernaut, Wesker, and Simon Belmont (just kidding).

I'll also add Guile and Akuma if they play similar to MvC2 style.  Tron, Guile, Akuma was how I used to roll.

Thought of another : Phoenix Wright!

#3 Posted by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -

Deadpool is a must. 

I think they need to represent the SFIV series somehow, but I'm not sure which character would fit the role. I supposed the most obvious choice would be C.Viper, but I was never fond of her. 

#4 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

Deadpool, yes. Wolverine, obviously. Cyclops. A lot of the characters we've already seen. Blade. Also, Chris looks awesome. Can't wait for that. I hope they bring Cable and Marrow back. More so Cable. Maybe Havok? Havok would be pretty cool. Also, Maverick. But those are all X-Men I'd like to see. How about having a roster of, like, 100 characters? That's a pipe dream I'll endorse.

#5 Posted by Apathylad (3065 posts) -

Kick-Ass and Hit Girl!

Uh, yeah, I dunno. Zero, Viewtiful Joe and Frank West can be brought over from TvC. Deadpool would be cool. I'm trying to think of what other new characters they could use...

-Punisher (he'd probably be a Cable clone), Protoman, Amaterasu, Gene (from God Hand), Phoenix Wright (who was at one point going to be in TvC apparently :P).

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -
@MysteriousBob:   I think El Fuerte would be nuts in a vs. game.
#7 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" Let's see.  Dante, Tron Bonne, Lilith, Frank West, Kobun (Servbot), Deadpool, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Juggernaut, Wesker, and Simon Belmont (just kidding).  I'll also add Guile and Akuma if they play similar to MvC2 style.  Tron, Guile, Akuma was how I used to roll.  Thought of another : Phoenix Wright! "
Kidding? Belmont would be kick ass! I don't even care that he's Konami! And after all the hoopla around whether Wright was or wasnt in Tatsunoko at one point, he'd better be in this! 
It's not going to happen, but since Capcom published the original Shantae, I think the purple haired half-genie should be in. As for plausible characters, Ibuki. Iron Man would be here too, but thankfully I don't have to wish for that. 
Maybe some console specific characters? Master Chief/Kratos or something like?
#8 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6067 posts) -

Strider Hiryu and Strider Hien.

#9 Posted by DeathbyYeti (739 posts) -

I wonder if this would pretty much be Tatsunoko vs Capcom but Marvel on PS3 and Xbox 360

#10 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@JJOR64: There's no MVC3 board because the game isn't official yet.  

But, of course all the returning characters from MVC2.  

Add in: 

Wesker (RE5) 
Dante (DMC) 
Deadpool  
Thor
any capcom characters they had in TVC 

and since they actually made big screen characters viable in TVC, bring in a playable version of apocalypse, or onslaught. They don't even have to look the same since those boss versions were never meant to be played. 
#11 Edited by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@AgentJ: I definitely agree, Belmont would be awesome, but I'd like to have Solid Snake and Samurai Pizza Cats from Tatsunoko since they didn't make it into TvC!
#12 Posted by HODGEY3000 (344 posts) -

HAGGAR!
#13 Posted by Apathylad (3065 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
" @JJOR64: There's no MVC3 board because the game isn't official yet.   But, of course all the returning characters from MVC2.   Add in:  Wesker (RE5) Dante (DMC) Deadpool  Thorany capcom characters they had in TVC  and since they actually made big screen characters viable in TVC, bring in a playable version of apocalypse, or onslaught. They don't even have to look the same since those boss versions were never meant to be played.  "
Hm..Yeah, I could totally see them having a giant Sentinel. Galactus would also work.
#14 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Apathylad: Sentinel was actually in MVC2 already, but I'm thinking more along the TVC equivalents of big characters that are slow, cannot block, but cannot be stunned, tripped, etc. Sentinel is such a beast when he's up in the air since he's actually quite fast if one knows how to use him. 
#15 Posted by Onigenko (335 posts) -

Capcom: Proto Man, Wesker, Dante, C. Viper, Edward Falcon, random Akrid from Lost Planet.
Marvel: Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Thor, Black Bolt.

#16 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

If this game is half as amazing as this thread suggests it might be I'll be over the moon.

#17 Posted by Yummylee (20572 posts) -

Barry Burton... that is all.
#18 Posted by Jazz (2046 posts) -

Ares 
Sentry 
Iron Fist 
Iron Patriot 
Dante 
Both  Striders 
Phobos 
Rocket Raccon 
Nova 
Hawkeye 
Ronin 
Toxin 
X-23 
Archangel 
(lists characters for 4 hours)

#19 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Dante (Young) 
Phoenix Wright 
Viewtiful Joe 
Red Hulk

#20 Posted by Ferginator4k (737 posts) -

Since i just saw this, I am freaking PSYCHED for this game. Praying for it to come to PC as Street Fighter 4 Did

#21 Posted by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -

Thor would be a great choice too. Capcom teased us with him in MvC as a striker. 

@Abyssfull said:

" Barry Burton... that is all. "
Holy shit, yes.
#22 Edited by Lawrens (688 posts) -

Viewtiful Joe, Dante and Gene, ball buster needs to happen in MvC3

Do it capcom!

#23 Posted by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -

Bayonetta. 

Oh, thats right. She's a "Sega" character. Right.

#24 Edited by thevector (60 posts) -

Rad Spencer, V. Joe, Moon Knight, Black Widow

EDIT: Dante Seems like a no-brainer as well

#25 Posted by AnnouncerGXZ (702 posts) -

white queen.

#26 Posted by ThePencil (390 posts) -

Mystique and Cammy....thats all I want out O'it.

#27 Edited by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

A lot of Marvel characters are dumb but cool looking, like Moon Knight, and should totally be in here. 
Also Donald Duck. Also Hit Girl, cus why not. And Big Daddy, so I can pretend he's Batman.

#28 Posted by thecleric (793 posts) -

It's a crime that Rad Spencer and Dante haven't shown up in any of these

#29 Posted by Ramyun (664 posts) -

SKULLOMANIA AND GARUDA!!!!!
Seriously, I totally want to see those guys again.

#30 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

all I really care about is Deadpool being in

#31 Posted by masterpaperlink (1823 posts) -

mr phoenix wright 

#32 Edited by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -
Gene would be god damn incredible.
#33 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

War Machine  
Phoenix Wright 
Deadpool 
Moon Knight 

#34 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Ken.

#35 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Ken. "
NO 
#36 Edited by VicRattlehead (1397 posts) -

someone from phoenix wright would be pretty sweet

#37 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Ken. "
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Stang said:
" Ken. "
NO  "
LOL
#38 Posted by White_Silhouette (468 posts) -

I hope Shuma Gorath is in it. I'd also like to see Venom and Carnage. I think they would look awesome with this art style

#39 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Rhaknar said:
" @Stang said:
" Ken. "
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Stang said:
" Ken. "
NO  "
LOL "
:(
#40 Posted by CaptainObvious (2981 posts) -

I also would like to see Chris getting a rematch with THE BOULDER. 

#41 Posted by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -
@White_Silhouette said:
" I hope Shuma Gorath is in it. I'd also like to see Venom and Carnage. I think they would look awesome with this art style "
Venom = Yes 
Carnage = Hell no
#42 Posted by JAH_Donuts (180 posts) -
Marvel:
Ghost Rider
Collosus
Cable
Deadpool
Bishop
Cannonball
Spider-Man
Iron Fist
Moon Knight
Punisher
Spider-Woman
Black Widow
NICK FURY
Magneto
Doctor Doom
X-Man
Sunspot
WARLOCK [plz plz plz]
Stryfe
Taskmaster
Crimson Dynamo
Green Goblin/Hobgoblin
The Doppleganger
Warwolves
Mystique
Sabretooth 
Living Laser

Capcom:
Ammy
Issun
WESKERRRRRR
Rad Spencer
Mega Man
Quick Man
GUTS MAN
Zero
Bishamon
Dude from Onimusha 1 & 3
Ibuki
Gen
Akuma
Viewtiful Joe
Arthur
Poison
The barbarian from Black Tiger
Mobilsuit
Strider Hien
A Car from Auto Modelista [just for a Fighters MegaMix vibe]
annnnnd...
Rei [Breath of Fire 3]
#43 Posted by Lucidforest (137 posts) -

Amaterasu!

#44 Posted by I_smell (3926 posts) -

YES! I forgot God Hand was a Capcom game. I would love Gene. That game's so obscure though, I doubt they'd ever spend the time doin' it.

Venom n Carnage are a good idea in theory, but I've never ever seen a Venom animated well in 3D :/

#45 Posted by JJOR64 (18783 posts) -

Thanks for the move Matty.   :)

#46 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

me

#47 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -

MOON KNIGHT. 

That is all I ask.

#48 Posted by masterlink64 (15 posts) -

i know this probably way out there but Link from Zelda since Capcom did develop the Minish Cap

Samanosuke from onimusha 

Protoman from Megaman 

Jack from Powerstone 

Jotaro Kujo from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Punisher

#49 Posted by Wraith1 (550 posts) -

Phoenix Wright and Miles Edgeworth

#50 Edited by TadThuggish (882 posts) -

On the Marvel side, we need some of (if not all) the Fantastic Four, the Silver Surfer, and Thor.

I loved MvC2, but it made me RAGE how they could pass up all...six of those STAPLES OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE, and replace them with Marrow.  I mean, Marrow.  Seriously?

Also I'm really hoping all the previous characters remain.  They should definitely include more of the classics (like above), but  I'm a sucker for comic book obscurity like Shuma-Gorath.  I'm seriously praying they either find a balance or just throw in everyone ever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.