Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Xbox 360 Beginners Playgroup

Valkurda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Valkurda

My user name is Valkurda, Xbox Gamertag "Veraska"

I was reluctant to pick up this game, after seeing the reaction of SF4 to newcomers outside of couch co-op.
    But I did pick up this game and after seeing its vibrant colours and insane gameplay, I dived right into the single player as well as offline multiplayer (around the house). 
    I even felt confident enough to go online, and now I have won 9/19 battles, mostly through luck.

But more so than not, I would like to find some people on Xbox Live who are not overtly serious about this game, but would like to play and mess around with this excellent game. 
    I would presume if you are ranked nth Lord, that you are serious about this game, in which case, good luck in the tournaments that you participate in. 

But this group will be for people who just wish to bask in the craziness of the game, have group lobbies, have fun and more importantly, create an atmosphere that makes MVC3 an enjoyable, fun, 'pop in the tray' game. 
    No-one will be prejudiced for their skill, just as long as you have a willingness to just play and have fun. 
    Previous games I have dabbled in are Soul Calibur 1, 2 and 4, as well as Blazblue CS just against normal AI, but learning this game has been fun and I want to help more people be able to enjoy this game. 
    I am nowhere near an expert, but I would be willing to teach you what I know to the best of my ability, after all, I started out not being able to do more than a 2 hit combo.

So if you just want someone to play with who won't really care about winning or losing, but instead have an enjoyable and non frustrating time, send me a message and we can have a chat. 

In Summary - 
    - Xbox 360 (Would prefer as close to GMT as possible) 
    - English Speaking please. 
    - If you are too good, you can still play, but use some different characters to give people a chance. 
    - No uber competitive attitudes please (Take it to a tournament) 
    - Helping and guiding new players (Take the time out to provide tips and feedback on other people's methods) 
    - No griefing (It doesn't make you a better player, it makes the other person feel worse and then you have less people to play with). 
    - No bashing on characters (Every character can be beaten with every other character.) 
    - Regular play would be nice, because play with randoms feels a bit distanced most of the time. 

Send a message to me through Live with the word Giantbomb somewhere in there, and we'll chat. =D 

Hope to play you soon! 

Any comments about how I'm just bad at this game, finish Dead Space 2 on Hardcore mode, finish all 300 Levels of Super Meat Boy and finish STALKER Call of Pripyat on Veteran Difficulty and then we'll talk. 

After each week I'll write some stuff about how it's going, if this kicks off, hopefully attracting more people to this amazing game.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By bibamatt

Awesome, I'll get involved.  Will add you when I'm next on.  I'd probably say that I'm between 'Beginner' and 'Advanced' but would love a playgroup like this where I can play with new characters (that I'm not very good with) with the hope of learning them more.  I'm GMT, too. 

Valkurda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Valkurda

Cool mate, I had one guy respond and we fought 15 battles ending with me just winning by 2 matches, neither of us used any cheap tactics or spamming attacks. Great fun. I'll keep any eye out for ya. =D

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Valkurda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Valkurda

I was about to,  but after reading through it and then your comment on page 8 of the thread seemed to say to me that  
    a) Majority of people are US people, and while that's fine, I'm looking for UK or European Timezone people. 
    b) I'm not after joining a group the focus of which is to play tournaments even if they're non professional. 
    c) While I probably could help with the organisation, I play this game on and off, and so committing to a large group wouldn't work for me. 
    d) Also there's no way of knowing who's amazing, and who is just starting out. I'm trying to provide a common place for beginners/casual players to join. 
    The impression that I get of an official MVC3 community is that the hardcore and serious will gather there to practice for tournaments. 

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bibamatt

Glad you posted it here because I wouldn't have seen it in that other thread.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By ShadowVirus

This sounds like a great idea and I'd love to take part, I'm terrible at this game, won about 2/15 online matches. 
    I live in UK and I'll send you a friend request next time I'm on my Xbox. I'll be able to play most times on Sat-Tue and anytime after 4:00pm GMT on Wed-Fri.

Valkurda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Valkurda
    • @Bibamatt - yh, i do find myself getting lost in large threads.
    • @ShadowVirus - sounds awesome m8, i'll look forward 2 it.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BBQBram

I'm down, GT is BBQ Bram. I have about two weeks of experience with this game now (I got it before release) but am pretty casual so this should be fun!

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Yanngc33

Sure i'll play :) mine is Mr Poopigiggles

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bibamatt

Had some ace matches in this playgroup so far.  I HAVE to apologise to everyone for my lack of a mic!  I've got one, but it doesn't fit in my Hori fightstick, so I can't talk.  I should just plug my Kinect in and use that but if there's background noise it's bad.  Sorry for just leaving that match, Valkurda!  Girlfriend called me over for a VERY IMPORTANT JOB (reaching something down from a high place) and I didn't have time to write out a message (which is double effort when using a fightstick).

Really enjoying it so far, been whipped a bit by some but won a fair few, too.  Random all rules y'all. 

Valkurda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Valkurda

That's no problem, bibamatt, I'm not too fussed over chatting cuz I'm normally on my laptop surfing when I'm playing anyway.  
    Yh the matches are going quite well, seems to be around 8-10PM GMT, if anyone wants to catch me around that time, except for this weekend cuz I'm getting on Dragon Age 2 for the most part. 
    And yh Random does work because there can't be many people who are going to be amazing with every single character, I mean if you get a character you know through random then fair play. 
    And to reaffirm or state that mics are not required at all, but being polite and sportsmanlike is. 
    =D

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bibamatt

Also worth noting!  For some reason, my fightstick won't let me access the 'symbols' part of the xbox virtual keyboard, so I can't write exclamation marks, question marks etc!  So you'll find me saying 'random all only...' instead of 'random all only?' and 'good game' instead of 'good game!!'. 

Damn, my fightstick hates communication.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.