Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom Origins

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

A compilation of both "Marvel vs. Capcom" and "Marvel Super Heroes", enhanced with online multiplayer for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Odd game selection

GradiusCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GradiusCat

Am I the only one who thinks that the choices of games in this pack are a tad weird. Like MvC1 is a good pick (love the game, personally think its better than 2). But Marvel super heroes as the other? Don't get me wrong it's a great game but why not Street Fighter vs X-men or Street Fighter vs Marvel Super Heroes? Why not go even deeper and put in X-men: Children of the Atom?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

@GradiusCat said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the choices of games in this pack are a tad weird. Like MvC1 is a good pick (love the game, personally think its better than 2). But Marvel super heroes as the other? Don't get me wrong it's a great game but why not Street Fighter vs X-men or Street Fighter vs Marvel Super Heroes? Why not go even deeper and put in X-men: Children of the Atom?

For the games with X-men in the title, I believe it's due to some rights issues. I think Activision has the rights to anything with X-men in the title of it.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By TechHits

@GradiusCat: Most likely because Marvel wants this game to advertise the blueray release of Avengers. Having an X-Men game in the mix does them no good.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

This looks like a quick cash grab, sure they added the Third Strike extras to it but I can't really get around grabbing this just to play these two games. If anything they should of done this to the Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD release back in 09'. Btw any truth to the rumors that they're releasing an hd remix of MvC2 I swore I saw some concept art from Udon floating around the internet of the Hulk, Captain America and other characters from the game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

It's because they're too lazy to go ask SNK Playmore if they can re-release Capcom vs SNK 2 on XBLA even though that game would be a far more interesting release than either of the ones in this package. I guess I always assumed that Marvel vs Capcom 2 made all previous games in the series irrelevant.

Avatar image for legendarychopchop
    LegendaryChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By LegendaryChopChop

Marvel Superheroes is an amazing game and was one of my first arcade fighters I really felt I got "good" at.

I'm glad it's getting recognition finally in a redone release, even if it is more or less just out to capitalize on the widely-popular Marvel name now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice enough collection. The Third Strike challenges do add a lot of replay value. Do feel that it should've included Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter though. I had the gimped version on PS1 and always wanted an arcade perfect port of it. Would've fit in thematically too.

Then when the next X-Men movie comes out they can try to cash in by having a collection with X-Men: Children Of The Atom and X-Men vs Street Fighter. I'd buy that too.

I really wish they could make kissy with SNK and release a collection of Capcom vs SNK, Capcom vs SNK 2 and SVC: Chaos

I'm a sucker for these collections. Hell I'd probably pick up an Alpha or Darkstalkers collection too. Capcom are sitting on a veritable goldmine that would be nice to see have some care into it's restoration and release.

I don't want full HD Remixes though. I never much cared for SSF2THDR, but all the work that was put into the new version of Third Strike was great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I blew up my import Saturn when I'd set the power convertor to the wrong voltage :(

And worst of all it was cause I was playing Sonic R!

I always wanted to get that RAM expansion cartridge for it cause it would make all the 2D fighters near arcade perfect. The PS1 version of most CPS2 fighters were supposed to be really gimped in comparison

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.