MSC

Posted by Hardgamer (610 posts) -

Just writing down some ideas I had for some characters not from DC that could be cool with Rings. Since most of the Corps can do pretty much the same thing, these characters focus more on what they’d create or how they’d fit into the Corps War. Since Earth already has so many Lanterns, imagine these guys are all from another planet and though they look human, they’re really not. All histories are intact except for when they’re not.

Sinestro Corps

Bullseye – He's very basic, but for some reason I really like this guy. Bullseye is a SC member that creates projectiles to throw with his ring. It's impossible to tell if he is really accurate or just aims the yellow projectiles with his ring. He’s also capable of hitting targets from planets away. (That last thing comes from that snail guy of the SC who already got killed because I think it fits.)

Midnighter – The first of the two Authority members to get a ring. Midnighter used to be a friend of Jack Hawksmoor but always thought Jack was too forgiving in his methods. When Midnighter was offered a ring he jumped on the chance and saw it as an easy way to strike fear in the hearts of anyone who disagreed with him. He is naturally gifted with the two abilities; to know his opponent's moves before they make them, and to know what will cause them the most pain, both physically and emotionally/mentally. The first lets him know exactly how to beat almost anyone he fights (especially with a ring to create the perfect weapon for the situation), and the second makes him incredibly skilled at inducing fear, which only makes him more powerful.

GL Corps

Multiple Man - He's not a mutant, just a man who uses his ring to create copies of himself. For some reason he’s incapable of making anything else with his ring, but he makes up for it by being a one man army. His copies are so realistic that they all have their own personalities and are capable of individual thought and action (even manifesting their own weapons, something the original can’t do). The Guardians recognize his potential and have allowed him to patrol his sector without a partner, figuring that his duplicates more than make up for it.

Jack Hawksmoor - An alien with amazing acrobatic abilities, Jack Hawksmoor used to be part of a team with the Midnighter. Now that he has a Ring of his own, Hawksmoor has made it his life’s goal to stop his old friend. He uses his ring to create entire environments to act as his weapons instead of individual objects like most GLs. He has an unexplainable fixation on cities, so he makes these most.

Bruce Banner – Similar to my Bruce-as-Jedi idea, a Zen Bruce (meaning all the strength of the Hulk, but calm and in his human form) with a Ring. Though he’s in control, the willpower that fuels his ring is from the Hulk. For this reason his constructs are all either enormous or resemble the Hulk himself. If he loses control and Hulks out he stops using the ring and relies on his own strength (sorta like that rock guy).

Grunge – I’d like to see Grunge get the ring. I haven’t worked it out yet, but his personality would make him entertaining. His powers might end up turning him into a GL ring.

Majestic – C’mon, he’s my favorite, I had to include him. Just have to find something for him. 

#1 Posted by Hardgamer (610 posts) -

Just writing down some ideas I had for some characters not from DC that could be cool with Rings. Since most of the Corps can do pretty much the same thing, these characters focus more on what they’d create or how they’d fit into the Corps War. Since Earth already has so many Lanterns, imagine these guys are all from another planet and though they look human, they’re really not. All histories are intact except for when they’re not.

Sinestro Corps

Bullseye – He's very basic, but for some reason I really like this guy. Bullseye is a SC member that creates projectiles to throw with his ring. It's impossible to tell if he is really accurate or just aims the yellow projectiles with his ring. He’s also capable of hitting targets from planets away. (That last thing comes from that snail guy of the SC who already got killed because I think it fits.)

Midnighter – The first of the two Authority members to get a ring. Midnighter used to be a friend of Jack Hawksmoor but always thought Jack was too forgiving in his methods. When Midnighter was offered a ring he jumped on the chance and saw it as an easy way to strike fear in the hearts of anyone who disagreed with him. He is naturally gifted with the two abilities; to know his opponent's moves before they make them, and to know what will cause them the most pain, both physically and emotionally/mentally. The first lets him know exactly how to beat almost anyone he fights (especially with a ring to create the perfect weapon for the situation), and the second makes him incredibly skilled at inducing fear, which only makes him more powerful.

GL Corps

Multiple Man - He's not a mutant, just a man who uses his ring to create copies of himself. For some reason he’s incapable of making anything else with his ring, but he makes up for it by being a one man army. His copies are so realistic that they all have their own personalities and are capable of individual thought and action (even manifesting their own weapons, something the original can’t do). The Guardians recognize his potential and have allowed him to patrol his sector without a partner, figuring that his duplicates more than make up for it.

Jack Hawksmoor - An alien with amazing acrobatic abilities, Jack Hawksmoor used to be part of a team with the Midnighter. Now that he has a Ring of his own, Hawksmoor has made it his life’s goal to stop his old friend. He uses his ring to create entire environments to act as his weapons instead of individual objects like most GLs. He has an unexplainable fixation on cities, so he makes these most.

Bruce Banner – Similar to my Bruce-as-Jedi idea, a Zen Bruce (meaning all the strength of the Hulk, but calm and in his human form) with a Ring. Though he’s in control, the willpower that fuels his ring is from the Hulk. For this reason his constructs are all either enormous or resemble the Hulk himself. If he loses control and Hulks out he stops using the ring and relies on his own strength (sorta like that rock guy).

Grunge – I’d like to see Grunge get the ring. I haven’t worked it out yet, but his personality would make him entertaining. His powers might end up turning him into a GL ring.

Majestic – C’mon, he’s my favorite, I had to include him. Just have to find something for him. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.