Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

1 problem with Mass Effect 2

rewcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By rewcastle

Completed it the 1st time round - got around 900G. All i need to do for 1000G is play through it a 2nd time round for insanity and tie up a couple of easy achievements. I don't reckon they tried hard enough with the achievement system. For me, Mass Effect 1 had way more to go back for and still does. Gotta justify my £59.99 purchase here. Before i get the "GOD! ALL ANYONE CARES ABOUT IS ACHIEVEMENTS MAN". I know i know. But hey, the reason you kept going back to games in the old days was to unlock stuff right? Well achievements are to be unlocked too. Go figure

jonny_eh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jonny_eh

At least the achievements in this game are less of a grind ("Use X power 75 times"). Also, they don't force you to use the same squad mates for the entire game, that annoyed me.

Robiin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Robiin

While there are a few to many points to be had just by playing the story, I think that the achievements encourage people to try new things. You are encouraged, instead of punished, by using different team mates, and talking to all of them.  And trying different powers and learning to use them well, and that's a nice way to teach you.

Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Cross

I think Bioware had the achievements mostly focused on allowing you to track what you've achieved, making them open for DLC, and converting completed achievements to in-game bonuses.

FalconCritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FalconCritical

Dragon Age was similar with achievements.  Most were based around siding with various factions and learning skill trees.  It only really required multiple playthroughs for the various endings and tree maxing.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hatking

I like them here far more than Mass Effect 1.  I wasn't about to play through the game six times just to net all 1000.  I hate achievements that require multiple playthroughs.  There are other reasons to play the game a second time or even a third time if you're looking for that.  If anything this game has more reason than just achievements to go through again.
    withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By withateethuh

I got all except two bioshock achievements in one playthrough.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xyzygy

I like ME1's achievements far more because it would require a lot of time. ME2's are OK, except I REALLY like the Insanity achievement. It's so hard, but I'm at the last level right now so I'm definintely going to get it soon. One of the hardest RPGs I've played in a long time. 

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Death_Unicorn
    @xyzygy said:
    " I like ME1's achievements far more because it would require a lot of time. ME2's are OK, except I REALLY like the Insanity achievement. It's so hard, but I'm at the last level right now so I'm definintely going to get it soon. One of the hardest RPGs I've played in a long time.  "
    I agree.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Demyx

I like the system. I've never cared about them much, but its nice to get them just by trying out new things.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DoctorTran
    @jonny_eh said:
    " At least the achievements in this game are less of a grind ("Use X power 75 times"). Also, they don't force you to use the same squad mates for the entire game, that annoyed me. "
    Word. I was really glad that I was able to mix it up from time to time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.