Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

A Romance Import Question

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

So, I'm in the middle of my epic Paragon playthrough which I intend to use when Mass Effect 3 comes out. I was trying to go for an uber boy scout who avoids all romantic entanglements except maybe a roll in the hay with Kelly. So, in Mass Effect I flirted with Ashley but turned her down when she came on to me. So, I'm a few hours into Mass Effect 2 when I notice Ashley's photo is on the desk in my quarters. Does the game consider us as having been romantic even though we never actually got it on? Will it count me as a cheater if I have a go at Kelly? Just curious so I don't ruin my good guy image by having to put that picture facing down.

lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lordbazuco

huh. I'm surprised that counted as a relationship at all. That picture frame only means its who your Shepard has feelings for. And If you go with another character like Miranda or Jack, the picture frame will go down. Kelly does not affect anything btw. The game just ignores it. I'm in a continuing relationship with liara. and even though I've called Kelly up to my room before, her picture still stays up and the shadow broker dlc was still ended happily ever after. 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee
    @lordbazuco said:

" huh. I'm surprised that counted as a relationship at all. That picture frame only means its who your Shepard has feelings for. And If you go with another character like Miranda or Jack, the picture frame will go down. Kelly does not affect anything btw. The game just ignores it. I'm in a continuing relationship with liara. and even though I've called Kelly up to my room before, her picture still stays up and the shadow broker dlc was still ended happily ever after.  "

ME2 knows how to tell the perfect love story.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

Ahh, well I guess Ashley and me shall continue our platonic love affair. Now, where did Kelly go...

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By Chris2KLee

I was able to avoid romance in ME, but it required charming both Ashley and Liara, then choosing Ashley, then sending her to die on Vermire. Load up ME2, NO PICTURE! I was free to pursue Tali with a clear conscience.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says

Can you bone Kelly? I could only get her to feed my fish. 

Also it's a video game, I boned Ashley and Miranda without a second thought....picture or no.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " Can you bone Kelly? I could only get her to feed my fish.   Also it's a video game, I boned Ashley and Miranda without a second thought....picture or no. "
    If you don't romance anyone, and stay stuck in with Kelly, you can call her up and get lap dances off her.
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    Also it's a video game, I boned Ashley and Miranda without a second thought....picture or no. "
    IT'S MORE THAN A GAME TO ME MAN! Also, after reading Miranda's secret file in Shadow Broker, I stayed away. She is probably loaded with space VDs.
    lordbazuco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By lordbazuco
    @Abyssfull:  or cuddle in bed  with her. And watch her try to dance as good as the Asari.
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By EvilTwin
    @Chris2KLee said:
    " I was able to avoid romance in ME, but it required charming both Ashley and Liara, then choosing Ashley, then sending her to die on Vermire. Load up ME2, NO PICTURE! I was free to pursue Tali with a clear conscience. "
    I'm pretty sure you can friend zone them both without having to kill anyone.
    sjosz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sjosz
    @CenturionCajun:  The default is that when you have had no romance in ME1, the direct sex opposite would be in the photograph. So if you had a full on girl scout without a romance, Kaidan would still show up. The picture does not have to signify an established romance.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Chris2KLee: File or no, getting AIDS in Mass Effect 3 and having to deal with THAT and saving the universe would be the greatest game of all time!! 

(Yes Shepard goes bareback ALWAYS)
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @EvilTwin said:
    " @Chris2KLee said:
    " I was able to avoid romance in ME, but it required charming both Ashley and Liara, then choosing Ashley, then sending her to die on Vermire. Load up ME2, NO PICTURE! I was free to pursue Tali with a clear conscience. "
    I'm pretty sure you can friend zone them both without having to kill anyone. "
    Probably, but  someone had to go on Vermire, and it wasn't going to be my good buddy "what's his name". Bah, I just really didn't like Ashely. I got no time for space racists!
    retrovirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By retrovirus
    @CenturionCajun: I don't think it should show up unless you do it before Ilos in ME1.  I almost went with Tali, but Lair of the Shadow Broker made me stick with Liara.  
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @blacklabeldomm said:
    " @Chris2KLee: File or no, getting AIDS in Mass Effect 3 and having to deal with THAT and saving the universe would be the greatest game of all time!!   (Yes Shepard goes bareback ALWAYS) "
    Shepard getting SPAIDS (Space AIDS) would be a real message for the kids, or make an interesting after school special side mission.

That said, I bet space condoms in ME are awesome, all glowey like an Omni-tool, or maybe it's an option on the Omni-tool! Space rubbers.
    allenibrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By allenibrahim

Here's my question: I romanced Liara in ME1. If I romance Miranda, can I still romance Liara after Lair of the Shadow Broker? Shepard wants to bone Miranda, but he wants to stay with Liara because she's cool as hell.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CenturionCajun

After doing some reading on the Mass Effect wiki the game apparently counts you as being in a romance after passing certain dialogue points. So, even though I turned Ashley down when she came on to me it still counts us as being in a relationship.

LightRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LightRain
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @blacklabeldomm said:
    " Can you bone Kelly? I could only get her to feed my fish.   Also it's a video game, I boned Ashley and Miranda without a second thought....picture or no. "
    If you don't romance anyone, and stay stuck in with Kelly, you can call her up and get lap dances off her. "
    How did you manage that? Also will having sex with Kelly affect a relationship with another character, such as Tali?
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chris2KLee
    @LightRain said:

" @Abyssfull said:

" @blacklabeldomm said:
    If you don't romance anyone, and stay stuck in with Kelly, you can call her up and get lap dances off her. "
    How did you manage that? Also will having sex with Kelly affect a relationship with another character, such as Tali? "
    If you act nice to Kelly often, it opens up the option to invite her up to your room for dancing. A good early indication that you're on the right track is she will offer to feed your fish. If this is done before you start romancing someone else, I think it's still possible to have another romance and have Kelly available for dancing.
    LightRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By LightRain
    @Chris2KLee said:
    " @LightRain said:

" @Abyssfull said:

" @blacklabeldomm said:
    How did you manage that? Also will having sex with Kelly affect a relationship with another character, such as Tali? "
    If you act nice to Kelly often, it opens up the option to invite her up to your room for dancing. A good early indication that you're on the right track is she will offer to feed your fish. If this is done before you start romancing someone else, I think it's still possible to have another romance and have Kelly available for dancing. "
    Thanks.
    OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By OmegaChosen
    @Sjosz said:
    " @CenturionCajun:  The default is that when you have had no romance in ME1, the direct sex opposite would be in the photograph. So if you had a full on girl scout without a romance, Kaidan would still show up. The picture does not have to signify an established romance. "
    Actually, I learned it's a different reason. The reason why he has the picture on his desk, according to the wiki, is because the Mass Effect save for import is very, very arbitrary when concerning romantic relationships, so much so that talking to a potential romance even just once and picking the paragon options will raise the flag for romance in the save. Very strange but apparently that's how it works. In order to move on to ME2 from ME1 without having a romance are to never speak to a potential romance ever, leave them to die on Virmire, or pick the right exact renegade option to kill the romance at a crucial point. If you have no romance then there's no picture, which is what happened in my brother's game even.
    wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By wrighteous86
    @CenturionCajun: If it helps, I'm sure ME3 will give you a Paragon option to turn down Ashley and explain away your dalliance, especially if you have a high level.  When I played ME2 with my ME1 save, I could pretty much intimidate or charm anyone because of my high Paragon/Renegade stats, it was kind of disappointing, actually.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CenturionCajun

After running into Ashley on Horizon I'm just going to go with it. None of the potential love interests in two are doing it for me. I will sweet talk the holy Hell out of Kelly though.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CenturionCajun

So, I've run into the same issue in Mass Effect 2. While trying to stay faithful to Ashley I somehow stumbled into flirting with Jack. It was rather heartbreaking to tell her no when she came to me right before the suicide mission. I really hope they integrate the Dragon Age 2 conversation icons into Mass Effect 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.