Any PS3 users frustrated with the audio synch issue?

#1 Posted by PieGuy (313 posts) -

I have completed the game but I found this issue nearly game breaking. Audio for cutscenes is a good 2 seconds behind what it should be. Tried to replay the game and Freedom's Progress where the quarians fight the mech turned me right off as I remembered the many instances where this happens. They recently released a patch but the patch only fixed the genesis comic issue from the other patch. So yes a patch for a patch. Also dialogue sometimes cuts off at the very end however I don't have as much issue with this than I do with the cutscene audio lag.

I can't imagine them releasing a patch for the audio synch as this has been a problem from release and ME3 is most likely their main focus.
I need to vent my frustration somewhere. I loved the game and the story but this is such a blatant flaw it is nearly impossible for me to push through it. Anyone have a similar experience or know a fix?

#2 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Really haven't noticed anything wrong with the audio synch when i played it :P even though it was like a rough 6 months ago.
#3 Posted by AlexW00d (6186 posts) -

I never encountered it. Maybe it is your end?

#4 Posted by WillyLo (302 posts) -

I had this happen with my copy of Uncharted 2, I just exchanged it and the next copy worked fine.

#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:
" I never encountered it. Maybe it is your end? "
It`s a known issue with the PS3 version that`s happening to a lot of people.
#6 Posted by allenibrahim (377 posts) -

I also had this problem. Not sure why, but it didn't bother me that much.

#7 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -

It was very annoying and yes almost game breaking. 

#8 Posted by PieGuy (313 posts) -

Seems it isn't universal, however I'm not paying a load of money because some discs are BS. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling at some point. Seriously though just makes me angry when you hear gunfire 2 seconds after everyone stopped talking.
Jack's mission is terrible for this, especially the ending.

#9 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

If the game was not as good as it is I would not have put up with it.

#10 Posted by Teran (877 posts) -

I experienced this exactly once on the PC version.  Went away after a game restart, but man it was annoying.

I hope they get that fixed for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.