Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect 2

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 26, 2010

After a violent death by an unknown force and a timely reanimation by the human supremacist organization Cerberus, Commander Shepard must assemble a new squad in the seedier side of the galaxy for a suicide mission in the second installment of the "Mass Effect" trilogy.

DLC- mission packs?

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hi all

I am contemplating buying some of the downloadable content for Mass Effect 2 on Xbox 360. I am currently early/mid game and want to try and get some of the recruits and extra missions that make sense to do before pushing on to the end game areas. However I see there is a lot of DLC for the game.

My question is, what packs are the mission ones and ones that have achievments tied to them? I had bought the game new so I have the Cerberus Network but I am unsure as to what packs do what.

Any help will be appriciated but please avoid spoiler posting.

Thank you    

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Kasumi, Overlord, Lair of The Shadow Broker and The Arrival are the mission DLC's. They also all have their own achievements brought along as well.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I think all of them have an achievement associated with them.  Kasumi gets you a cool partner. 

Downloadable content  Edit

Revenge! (15) – Gain the loyalty of themercenary; UnlocksInferno Grenade as a bonus talent
    Broke, Blind, and Bedlam (15) – Gain the loyalty of the thief; Unlocks Flashbang Grenade as a bonus power
    Data Hound (10) – Collect 6 Cerberus data packets scattered across Aite
    Digital Exorcist (15) – Successfully shut down the rogue VI in Project Overlord
    Detail Orientated(40) – Use all information terminals in the Shadow Broker’s stronghold
    Most Dangerous Game (35) – Defeat the Shadow Broker’s Assassin
    Heart of Darkness(50) – Confront the Shadow Broker
    The Hard Way (50) – Complete theShadow Broker Mission pack on Hardcore or Insanity
    Catching Up (25) – Reminisce with Liara on the Normandy ; Unlocks Stasis as a bonus power
    The Ultimate Sacrifice (50) – Complete the ArrivalDLC pack
    Last Stand (25) – Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho
    Covert Action (25) – Rescue Dr. Amanda Kenson without attracting hostile attention
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rawrnosaurous

With the cerberus network pack you get zaeed which is a new companion that comes with a loyalty quest and has achievements, the Normandy crash site mission which basically nets you experience and some extra minerals no achievements, and the firewalker pack which gives you a couple missions with the hammerhead which is the replacement for the Mako (experience and minerals no achievements). 

The Kasumi pack gives you a new companion, new research, new SMG weapon, achievement, loyalty mission. 
    Overlord is a new mission with achievements, experience, minerals (not sure about research) it's a more story focused mission. 
    Lair of the Shadow Broker is the best one of the bunch, you get achievements, a long with a great story, research and added stuff after the mission ends. No new weapons or companions though. 
    Arrival isn't worth the money it's a couple research and the story isn't good enough to justify the price although it does net you experience and achievements. 
    There are various weapon and armor packs which give just weapon and armor along with two character outfit packs which just give you extra outfits for your companions.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Garfield360UK

Is Kasumi the DLC that comes with the Cerberus Network?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
    @Garfield360UK said:
    " Is Kasumi the DLC that comes with the Cerberus Network? "
    Nah, that'd be Zaeed you're thinking of. Him and the mission that has you to collect the dog tags of the dead crew from the wreckage of the old Normandy is what the CN gives you. Think there was a few weapons too, like the Arc Projector.
    Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Garfield360UK

Ah cool. Thank you for the information everybody, Much appriciated. I think I will have a look on Xbox Live when I get some more points to get some of the mission packs as they seem interesting. 
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By rawrnosaurous
    @Garfield360UK: You also get the firewalker pack which is essentially a couple vehicle missions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.